+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hello,

Applicants who recently attended the test. Are there many/any date based questions and names of generals/leaders? so difficult to remember those...

thanks

While preparing for test, please prepare properly and learn all the important dates and names of public figures including generals etc.I met a person during my test who was coming for the second test and in their test there was questions that they did not expect to see.

Please prepare properly and do not skim through the Discover Canada book

Also note that sometime in 2019, a new test structure is coming up as Discover Canada is being revised. Anyone who fails may land into a situation where they may have to take the new test format.

http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/canadian-citizenship-test/new-canadian-citizenship-test-private-contractor/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-federal-government-stalls-on-release-of-new-canadian-citizenship-guide/

Last edited:
Reactions: devpsd

Beran34

Jul 22, 2017
My worst nightmare just became a reality. I applied in May, 2018, got my AOR in July, 2018, and it changed to 'In Progress' in August 2018.
I've been regularly checking my application online until a few days ago when it disappeared and I was no longer able to check my status. My gut feeling told me something is wrong and I called CIC this morning...

SO! My application was deemed ineligible and rejected, case closed, and they sent me a letter/package with my documents back to me (though I still haven't received it yet). They also refunded me my application fee (but I haven't received it either).

REASON: Not enough days of physical presence in Canada - apparently I made a mistake in my calculation. I will find out what the mistake is once I get that letter - not exactly sure what happened given that I paid extra to the immigrant consultant who audited my application and said it was perfect! It's actually funny as I clearly remember him saying it was perfect. Apparently, it's not!

BUT - the biggest concern of mine is that not only they accepted my application at Nova Scotia and sent me an AOR, but that they actually forwarded my case to my city. They started working on it in August and they WAITED until January to tell me that there was something wrong with my application. It's overwhelmingly shocking. The CIC agent felt really bad for me and confirmed it was a human error on their end and they should have returned to me back in July so that I could've re-applied. He said I'm sorry, but I can't help you - it's the officer's decision. And I understand that.
I am extremely upset and disappointed, to say the least. But my biggest concern is not that I have to apply from scratch and wait for another year or so, but the fact that they confirmed it was their mistake. So I have a question for you, my friends, just to see if there is any suggestion you might have.

The CIC agent felt bad for me over the phone this morning and strongly encouraged me to re-apply from scratch (because now I'm clearly eligible based on my presence in Canada since last May) but urgently (through urgent processing). He briefly described the procedure, told me to mark my envelope accordingly and write a letter of explanation stating that I waited for so long because of the CIC's mistake, explain the situation, attach my old case # as evidence and tell them it went to 'processing' instead of being sent to me right away when they should have discovered a discrepancy. But I just read their definition of 'emergency' and clear my case is rather an exception and very different from the real emergencies, but I am wondering if I should still give it a try and apply 'urgently'. Any suggestions/ideas? Do you think it's a worth a try?

Many thanks,
D
My advice,do not trust anybody %100 on any important documents(my experience)always check it by yourself before submit anything.
I thought i needed help on the application so i went to immigration center in Calgary(7 street 7 avenue sw)
And the person/co consultant/helper whoever she was she put on the calculator the day i entered Canada(i wasn't pr at that day)she insisted and i insisted her to check it with someone else/supervisor/coworker.and i was right of course it's the date you become pr(otherwise everyone can become citizen after they arrive Canada)those types work in nice government paid jobs and I'm unemployed

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-10-2016 AOR2 2-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
4-5-2017 (passed same day) BGC 11-05-2017 DM 13-05-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
While preparing for test, please prepare properly and learn all the important dates and names of public figures including generals etc.I met a person during my test who was coming for the second test and in their test there was questions that they did not expect to see.
Please prepare properly and do not skim through the Discover Canada book
Also note that sometime in 2019, a new test structure is coming up as Discover Canada is being revised. Anyone who fails may land into a situation where they may have to take the new test format.
Thanks jagno for the advice. will do. although not expecting new format. it is still IP and waiting for submission along with change in discover canada document... the dates and generals is very confusing...

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Thanks jagno for the advice. will do. although not expecting new format. it is still IP and waiting for submission along with change in discover canada document... the dates and generals is very confusing...
Please see this thread and prepare accordingly. You will not fail. If you struggle with dates, people and events, it is important to go to http://citizenshipcounts.ca/. and study all flash cards at least 3-4 times till you can tick the boxes.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2018-citizenship-applicants.557978/page-133#post-7495561

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-10-2016 AOR2 2-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
4-5-2017 (passed same day) BGC 11-05-2017 DM 13-05-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
Reactions: jangotrick

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: devpsd and Uranus

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
New Oath dates just got populated for Alberta, but no fixed timings for Calgary after 06 Feb. Hopefully, people from November will start getting Oath letters this week.

Looking at March and April applications, seems that many are still waiting for Oath after decision made.

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
New Oath dates just got populated for Alberta, but no fixed timings for Calgary after 06 Feb. Hopefully, people from November will start getting Oath letters this week.

Looking at March and April applications, seems that many are still waiting for Oath after decision made.
Yeah that kinda sucks if March and April applicants haven’t got their oath dates yet then may applicators should wait for another month or so

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Yeah that kinda sucks if March and April applicants haven’t got their oath dates yet then may applicators should wait for another month or so
Very few got dates in Dec, some got dates in January. I am quite sure there will be a lot of Oath ceremonies in February and you will get yours this week or next week.

annabvm

Jan 10, 2019
i need TO RENEW my pr card plz advice I have many trips to US since I live in white Rock and cross the border periodically, DO I NEED to submitted for a few hours EXAMPLE 1-2 HRS trips to USA and does not even count as a day FOR my PR CARD renewal
I was told by my lawyer that if you cross the border, even for 1 hour, you have to put it, because you did entered another country.

MELLOW

Jun 16, 2018
Very few got dates in Dec, some got dates in January. I am quite sure there will be a lot of Oath ceremonies in February and you will get yours this week or next week.
Hi Jangotrick.
I check my status like you said,, saying that they start processing my app on AUG 7,hope , they said also that they sent me a discovered Canada but I did not received it,,
There is a saying there that update the address and mailing address, do I need to update that. I did not move since I got here I still same same place where I am,,,
THANK YOU IN A MILLION FOR YOUR ADVICE,,,