+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
One of my known received her oath for Feb 06. She did not not get anything in mail. She was informed by the agent when she called CIC to get updated about her application. Calgary applicant.
The CIC agent can see the oath date fixed and it may take some time for the oath letter to the generated through the automated system. The reason for the delay is that if someone is unable to attend the oath, CIC can replace that seat with someone else from a forward date.

Calgary Oath Dates

11 Jan - 0900, 1100 and 1300 hrs (3 in a day)
14 Jan - 1430
18 Jan - 0900, 1100 and 1330 hrs (3 in a day)
21 Jan - 1430
24 Jan - 0900
25 Jan - 0900, 1100 and 1330 hrs (3 in a day)
28 Jan - 1430
01 Feb - 0900, 1100 and 1300 hrs (3 in a day)
05 Feb - 0900, 1330 hrs (2 in a day)
06 Feb - 0900, 1330 hrs (2 in a day)

Nothing after 06 Feb as of now

Last edited:

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
The CIC agent can see the oath date fixed and it may take some time for the oath letter to the generated through the automated system. The reason for the delay is that if someone is unable to attend the oath, CIC can replace that seat with someone else from a forward date.

Calgary Oath Dates

11 Jan - 0900, 1100 and 1300 hrs (3 in a day)
14 Jan - 1430
18 Jan - 0900, 1100 and 1330 hrs (3 in a day)
21 Jan - 1430
24 Jan - 0900
25 Jan - 0900, 1100 and 1330 hrs (3 in a day)
28 Jan - 1430
01 Feb - 0900, 1100 and 1300 hrs (3 in a day)
05 Feb - 0900, 1330 hrs (2 in a day)
06 Feb - 0900, 1330 hrs (2 in a day)

Nothing after 06 Feb as of now
So if I call cic would the agent be able to tell me when my oath is?

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
If your oath date is fixed or scheduled in a queue ...Yes they can...no harm in calling them and checking with them.
Almost month and half since I did my test so don’t know if I’m in que or no. What do you say tho should I call them or it’s too early to bug them

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Almost month and half since I did my test so don’t know if I’m in que or no. What do you say tho should I call them or it’s too early to bug them
No harm in calling them. I think you should get your oath in February for sure. Perhaps you are already scheduled.

annabvm

Jan 10, 2019
There are just two many people applying for citizenship and files are getting delayed. So, do not worry !

Secondly, if you have lot of travel in your passport, the CIC agent will get CBSA records which may delay your case by 30-60 days but atleast they will have all records.

I have an update!

I called CIC again and this time I got an angel at the phone.... (i called many time and they always say just to wait and nothing wrong with the name...)

I asked again about my name still showing wrong in the ECAs, even if I submitted a request to correct on August 16th. He took a while investigating, and he said: i have the short version, and the long version, which one you wanna hear? I said, the short!

He said I would have to submit again the LEGAL NAME CHANGE process. I said made no sense, that I hired a lawyer and did that years ago, that's why I have my PR in my hands with my divorced name.....

He said that unfortunatelly the officer that took my case in Surrey, BC, refused the request to correct my name. Even that I did this process already for the PR, that he would not revise, the citzenship department recognizes my legal name at the moment of my landing, and if I landed with married name, that's the name he considered.

The agent on the phone appologized and said himself that made no sense, but unfortanetely if I want my problem fixed I would have to do this again.

I just reached my lawyer, and I am in shock, my lawyer said happens often, so my advise for everyone is: don't change your name if you get married after the landing, don't change your name after you get divorced after the landing, because you can have a lot of headache!!

MELLOW

Jun 16, 2018
There are just two many people applying for citizenship and files are getting delayed. So, do not worry !

Secondly, if you have lot of travel in your passport, the CIC agent will get CBSA records which may delay your case by 30-60 days but atleast they will have all records.
Hi Jangotrick,
I don't go to the ECAS and check my app status,, I just wait till they sent me an invitation for test..since July never heard anything Do I need to call the IRCC OR CIC..and do I really need to go to ECAS just check my APP.
please need advice I appreciated...

denrus89

Mar 3, 2016
My worst nightmare just became a reality. I applied in May, 2018, got my AOR in July, 2018, and it changed to 'In Progress' in August 2018.
I've been regularly checking my application online until a few days ago when it disappeared and I was no longer able to check my status. My gut feeling told me something is wrong and I called CIC this morning...

SO! My application was deemed ineligible and rejected, case closed, and they sent me a letter/package with my documents back to me (though I still haven't received it yet). They also refunded me my application fee (but I haven't received it either).

REASON: Not enough days of physical presence in Canada - apparently I made a mistake in my calculation. I will find out what the mistake is once I get that letter - not exactly sure what happened given that I paid extra to the immigrant consultant who audited my application and said it was perfect! It's actually funny as I clearly remember him saying it was perfect. Apparently, it's not!

BUT - the biggest concern of mine is that not only they accepted my application at Nova Scotia and sent me an AOR, but that they actually forwarded my case to my city. They started working on it in August and they WAITED until January to tell me that there was something wrong with my application. It's overwhelmingly shocking. The CIC agent felt really bad for me and confirmed it was a human error on their end and they should have returned to me back in July so that I could've re-applied. He said I'm sorry, but I can't help you - it's the officer's decision. And I understand that.
I am extremely upset and disappointed, to say the least. But my biggest concern is not that I have to apply from scratch and wait for another year or so, but the fact that they confirmed it was their mistake. So I have a question for you, my friends, just to see if there is any suggestion you might have.

The CIC agent felt bad for me over the phone this morning and strongly encouraged me to re-apply from scratch (because now I'm clearly eligible based on my presence in Canada since last May) but urgently (through urgent processing). He briefly described the procedure, told me to mark my envelope accordingly and write a letter of explanation stating that I waited for so long because of the CIC's mistake, explain the situation, attach my old case # as evidence and tell them it went to 'processing' instead of being sent to me right away when they should have discovered a discrepancy. But I just read their definition of 'emergency' and clear my case is rather an exception and very different from the real emergencies, but I am wondering if I should still give it a try and apply 'urgently'. Any suggestions/ideas? Do you think it's a worth a try?

Many thanks,
D

Cooper-montreal

Dec 19, 2018
"It is also your responsibility to bring with you photocopies of your passports and all travel documents in your possession valid and expired".
Anybody knows why they ask to bring photocopies of passport to the test/interview?
Many thanks,

Last edited:

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hi Jangotrick,
I don't go to the ECAS and check my app status,, I just wait till they sent me an invitation for test..since July never heard anything Do I need to call the IRCC OR CIC..and do I really need to go to ECAS just check my APP.
please need advice I appreciated...
Yes, you need to frequently check your application status on ECAS. After that, if it shows "In Process", please call CIC agent and ask what is the status of your file.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
My worst nightmare just became a reality. I applied in May, 2018, got my AOR in July, 2018, and it changed to 'In Progress' in August 2018.
I've been regularly checking my application online until a few days ago when it disappeared and I was no longer able to check my status. My gut feeling told me something is wrong and I called CIC this morning...

SO! My application was deemed ineligible and rejected, case closed, and they sent me a letter/package with my documents back to me (though I still haven't received it yet). They also refunded me my application fee (but I haven't received it either).

REASON: Not enough days of physical presence in Canada - apparently I made a mistake in my calculation. I will find out what the mistake is once I get that letter - not exactly sure what happened given that I paid extra to the immigrant consultant who audited my application and said it was perfect! It's actually funny as I clearly remember him saying it was perfect. Apparently, it's not!

BUT - the biggest concern of mine is that not only they accepted my application at Nova Scotia and sent me an AOR, but that they actually forwarded my case to my city. They started working on it in August and they WAITED until January to tell me that there was something wrong with my application. It's overwhelmingly shocking. The CIC agent felt really bad for me and confirmed it was a human error on their end and they should have returned to me back in July so that I could've re-applied. He said I'm sorry, but I can't help you - it's the officer's decision. And I understand that.
I am extremely upset and disappointed, to say the least. But my biggest concern is not that I have to apply from scratch and wait for another year or so, but the fact that they confirmed it was their mistake. So I have a question for you, my friends, just to see if there is any suggestion you might have.

The CIC agent felt bad for me over the phone this morning and strongly encouraged me to re-apply from scratch (because now I'm clearly eligible based on my presence in Canada since last May) but urgently (through urgent processing). He briefly described the procedure, told me to mark my envelope accordingly and write a letter of explanation stating that I waited for so long because of the CIC's mistake, explain the situation, attach my old case # as evidence and tell them it went to 'processing' instead of being sent to me right away when they should have discovered a discrepancy. But I just read their definition of 'emergency' and clear my case is rather an exception and very different from the real emergencies, but I am wondering if I should still give it a try and apply 'urgently'. Any suggestions/ideas? Do you think it's a worth a try?

Many thanks,
D

Your application cannot be processed urgently unless you have a valid reason. My suggestion is to refile your application from scratch and add a letter requesting for urgent processing basis the fact that your application was returned back due to less number of days. It is possible that they will consider your request. It is also possible that you will have a routine processing.

AllanRaf

Jan 8, 2019

Many thanks,
D
Yes please include your explanation and fill out the "request for urgent processing" form and attach to your case when re-sending it. What I would also do is call the center back again and ask them to write you a letter with the explanation that it was their mistake. attach that letter to your application. I have a feeling that they might actually accept that and process your file urgently. I would be very frustrated if I were you. I sent my application back in May and still waiting for my test invite date. Hope I don't run into the same situation.

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
I called the cic office today and inquired about my oath status and he told me I’m not even in que yet for the oath invitation so for all those who are did their test in November sit tight because we will get invitation in February

Reactions: jangotrick