+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Guys, I have a question. IRCC received my application on May 25/18, sent the AOR on Aug 2nd & starting working on my app on Aug 16th 2018. I have not received anything since then. I am leaving Canada for two weeks starting next week.

Do you think I should call IRCC to inquire about my status as well to inform them about my absence for next two weeks? I will appreciate whatever advice you can provide.

thanks.
I wouldnt worry if i were you. i would go away for 2 weeks and come back. if in those two weeks you receive a test call then you can reply them stating that you cant make the test as youre away. usually they send you a test request 3-4 weeks prior to the test date.

Reactions: ali.tariq

workluck

Apr 10, 2013
Woohoo. Had the test today in Calgary and they held the citizenship ceremony right after, as most or all of us were from out of town. The interview took about 1 min and they just asked for PR card and drivers license. Lots of happy faces ;-). 11 year journey coming to an end. So glad for this forum.

Reactions: jangotrick

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
Woohoo. Had the test today in Calgary and they held the citizenship ceremony right after, as most or all of us were from out of town. The interview took about 1 min and they just asked for PR card and drivers license. Lots of happy faces ;-). 11 year journey coming to an end. So glad for this forum.
2019 couldn’t have started better than this for you. Congratulations tho and pray for us who are waiting for oath invitation for over a month now.

Reactions: Nitin-Nitin

AllanRaf

Jan 8, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Here is the status on my application:

Mississauga Office Applicant
Single Applicant
Application Sent: May 14, 2018
Application Received: May 18, 2018
In Process: August 8, 2018
Test invite Date: Still Waiting for the date...

I have seen that many people who have submitted their application in May have already received their test date. Mine seems to be taking longer than expected. Is this normal? can someone please help.

Thank you

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Cleared test in Calgary today with 20/20 . No date questions. Will post some new links I found which offered better test range questions than the routine ones. Please do read the Discover Canada book.

Interview took 2 minutes, did not check any stamps as they had already run by CBSA reports. Was told that everything is good to go and I should get the oath date pretty soon. Was also told that in the next few weeks they will be running 2-3 oath batches every day. This means that everyone who is waiting should hear pretty soon.

There were around 40 people for the test.

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
Cleared test in Calgary today with 20/20 . No date questions. Will post some new links I found which offered better test range questions than the routine ones. Please do read the Discover Canada book.

Interview took 2 minutes, did not check any stamps as they had already run by CBSA reports. Was told that everything is good to go and I should get the oath date pretty soon. Was also told that in the next few weeks they will be running 2-3 oath batches every day. This means that everyone who is waiting should hear pretty soon.

There were around 40 people for the test.
Congratulations jangotrick! I was waiting for an update from your side and glad that you are now one step closer to become citizens. And yeah I hope they start sending out the oath invitions soon and also did you sign on two different papers during an interview because that’s the only thing I did after I passed the test and the lady just checked my pr card and health card and told me to sign at two different papers

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Congratulations jangotrick! I was waiting for an update from your side and glad that you are now one step closer to become citizens. And yeah I hope they start sending out the oath invitions soon and also did you sign on two different papers during an interview because that’s the only thing I did after I passed the test and the lady just checked my pr card and health card and told me to sign at two different papers
Thank you very much Lionhearted. They made me sign two papers as well which is routine and I am quite sure that oath dates will be coming in a large batch late january/early feb. Fingers crossed and thanks every one for the good wishes.

Reactions: Lionhearted

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Here is the status on my application:

Mississauga Office Applicant
Single Applicant
Application Sent: May 14, 2018
Application Received: May 18, 2018
In Process: August 8, 2018
Test invite Date: Still Waiting for the date...

I have seen that many people who have submitted their application in May have already received their test date. Mine seems to be taking longer than expected. Is this normal? can someone please help.

Thank you
Many people in other areas have received the test date. Mississauga is slow. and even some of the january applicants havent received the test invite.
I am also a Mississauga applicant with a similar timeline as yours.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Test Prep Suggestions.

I prepped a lot and read Discover Canada and then watched all videos , links and flash cards on http://citizenshipcounts.ca/.

Thereafter I took the following prep tests and kept going back to Discover Canada every time I got less than 100%

These sites are most helpful as they had pretty much all the questions.

https://citizenshiptests.org/canadian-citizenship-test/

Besides the random tests, scroll down to the various sections and try and take the tests multiple times.

http://citizenshiptests.ca/practice-tests/

This was the second best resource.

https://practicetestgeeks.com/canadian-citizenship-test/

This was the final one/

I can vouch that if you want 20/20, complete all these tests multiple times and you will do very well.

Good luck to everyone who is preparing.

Last edited:

workluck

Apr 10, 2013
2019 couldn’t have started better than this for you. Congratulations tho and pray for us who are waiting for oath invitation for over a month now.
I certainly will keep you all in my thougts. We were 100 people there at the ceremony (not all had written the test the same day on Monday, I think). None of us could believe we'd get the oath the same day. It felt like they really wanted to make things go smoothly. Definitely read the Discovery Book multiple times and prepare, the questions are not all super straightforward. Had to guess a few (because I didn't prepare a ton) and got 18/20.

Crossing my fingers for all of you. What a joyful day. Even my usually non-emotional husband shed some tears! Been such a long journey and as with many of you, it impacted my relationship (nearly ended it a bunch of times when visas weren't renewed), career choices and so much more!

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
I wouldnt worry if i were you. i would go away for 2 weeks and come back. if in those two weeks you receive a test call then you can reply them stating that you cant make the test as youre away. usually they send you a test request 3-4 weeks prior to the test date.
Thanks.

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
You should Inquire about your application status But you don’t have to inform them about your trip. Even if you recieved test invite while abroad it’s going to be within 3-4weeks. I don’t think they will request FP after 6 month either.
Thanks.

AllanRaf

Jan 8, 2019
Many people in other areas have received the test date. Mississauga is slow. and even some of the january applicants havent received the test invite.
I am also a Mississauga applicant with a similar timeline as yours.
Thank you. This gives me peace of mind.

In cases where the application takes more than 12 month, what do most people do? Can I hire a lawyer to help speed up the process?