+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
So they basically will open the application, check to confirm it is complete, and then send it off for final processing and mail the certificates?
No, they will process the application and they will call you tattoo a citizenship log anywhere you want :)

Jokes apart, the final processing will lead to test which will lead to oath which will lead to issue of certificate. If they send a "Residency Questionnaire", "Fingerprint Request" or "Secondary Screening Administrative Checks", then it takes much longer and winding path.

chalk4

Jul 20, 2018
No, they will process the application and they will call you tattoo a citizenship log anywhere you want :)

Jokes apart, the final processing will lead to test which will lead to oath which will lead to issue of certificate. If they send a "Residency Questionnaire", "Fingerprint Request" or "Secondary Screening Administrative Checks", then it takes much longer and winding path.
Well that will be interesting to see how my toddlers do on the test...

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
I don't want to distract the good people of this thread. But it worries me that I have not received the AOR yet. My application was delivered on May 17th. And it was supposed to be a straightforward application

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
I don't want to distract the good people of this thread. But it worries me that I have not received the AOR yet. My application was delivered on May 17th. And it was supposed to be a straightforward application
Okie...understand this and this will calm you down. Feeling anxious is normal in this situation. Till they do not open your application, they know nothing about you or your application. Once they open it, they can either send it back due to incomplete documents or generate an AOR. Add 54 to 66 days to the delivery date. Looking at the stats, I have seen that in some cases the delay has been as long as 112 days. It is probably due to the fact that the agent carrying out initial review of your batch of applications is slower than others. If you do not get your AOR by end of July, you should call the call centre and let them know. They will put a trace on the application. If you call right now, they will claim that they are processing applications recieved before 30 April. My hunch is you will get your AOR by end of the month for sure.

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
Okie...understand this and this will calm you down. Feeling anxious is normal in this situation. Till they do not open your application, they know nothing about you or your application. Once they open it, they can either send it back due to incomplete documents or generate an AOR. Add 54 to 66 days to the delivery date. Looking at the stats, I have seen that in some cases the delay has been as long as 112 days. It is probably due to the fact that the agent carrying out initial review of your batch of applications is slower than others. If you do not get your AOR by end of July, you should call the call centre and let them know. They will put a trace on the application. If you call right now, they will claim that they are processing applications recieved before 30 April. My hunch is you will get your AOR by end of the month for sure.
Ah you are such an awesome member! Thanks buddy

Reactions: jangotrick

theflyingfalcon

May 23, 2014
Family application (2) was delivered on May 18, 2018, but today at 5:56pm received only one AOR for my spouse !!!! although fess paid in one receipt

How can this be possible ? Anybody with similar experience, please advise....

Last edited:

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
For everyone who is getting worried about their AOR or processing delays, please check the stats in this file.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit#gid=1723141943

In April 2018, the average days from receipt of application to AOR was 42 days, maximum days were 82 days and minimum were 2 days.
In Mar 2018, ,the the average days from receipt of application to AOR was 20 days, maximum days were 84 days and minimum were 9 days.
In Oct 2017, ,the the average days from receipt of application to AOR was 41 days, maximum days were 202 days and minimum were 3 days.

If we average the maximum days in 2018 from delivery to AOR, it comes up to 73 days maximum average in 2018.

Basis this and noting the surge of applications since Oct 2017, one can expect delays in AOR and should not worry.

Reactions: EstherBarros

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Family application (2) was delivered on May 18, 2018, but today at 5:56pm received only one AOR for my spouse !!!! although fess paid in one receipt

It is possible as a single receipt is not criteria to issue all AOR's together. All your applications are being processed by a single agent who is generating AOR as he/she finds everything is in order. In the next 2-4 days, you should get other AOR's as well.

Reactions: theflyingfalcon

theflyingfalcon

May 23, 2014

I received the second AOR at 10:39 pm !!!
Please update the sheet:
App delivered May 18
AOR: July 20

Reactions: jangotrick