+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

sgill83

Sep 25, 2018
Admin,
Please update my info. I received my citizenship certificate on Friday, Feb 15.
Good Luck to everyone who are waiting. It's a long process but it's worth it!
Cheers!

Reactions: sunnybh

ralose

Jun 28, 2018
Please Update.

Got an email from CIC-Halifax last Friday Feb-15 informing me that some information was missing in the application ( return date from Sept 2013). I emailed them back on same evening.

I checked the online status and it says Decision Made (Not sure when it changed).
Hopefully not a bad decision... Lol...

Decision Made: Feb 22

Cheers!

DimplySun

Aug 1, 2018
It is now a fete accompli!
Did oath yesterday in Vancouver... very exciting day for me. The feeling is inexpressible.
Today on ECAS I see this line "You became a Canadian citizen on February 21, 2019"
Many thanks to you all on this forum, you enriched and
made the load of waiting much light.
Admin, thank you and please update the spreadsheet.

Reactions: sunnybh

Empirical

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2016
Status changed today (Feb 22) or maybe even yesterday to DM.

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Please Update.

Got an email from CIC-Halifax last Friday Feb-15 informing me that some information was missing in the application ( return date from Sept 2013). I emailed them back on same evening.

I checked the online status and it says Decision Made (Not sure when it changed).
Hopefully not a bad decision... Lol...

Decision Made: Feb 22

Cheers!
Updated, thanks
Status changed today (Feb 22) or maybe even yesterday to DM.
Updated, thanks

Reactions: Empirical

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
I got the following typical answer from IRCC today, what does that mean?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry
This seems to be a standard reply, but because it is mentioned - "We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process."- it seems one your applications is in process. I you call them you may get details and if they confirm the same on phone, as them your application number, which is usually provided in AOR. If they give you application number, then definitely it is in process and you have missed/lost AOR email.

Reactions: Abud83 and iamluz

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Did the test yesterday at Mississauga. Was told that the test session with 120 applicants was the largest crowd ever. Also, the interviewer told me that they are organizing big test sessions for next 4 weeks straight. So, guessing Mississauga applicants can hope to get test invites sooner than later.

Reactions: iamluz

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Did the test yesterday at Mississauga. Was told that the test session with 120 applicants was the largest crowd ever. Also, the interviewer told me that they are organizing big test sessions for next 4 weeks straight. So, guessing Mississauga applicants can hope to get test invites sooner than later.
That is a lot of people. How long did it take you from registering to walking out the door?

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
I think GTA is the slowest. so have to be patient
Montreal is slow too - I have same dates.
Hi
I am from etobicoke also.app received 16april.process 11 July. Still waiting.I call them 1 time.send Webform 2 time.and I am waiting answer for the second Webform. ...
Thank you for replying. Somewhat it is difficult to wait while seeing other cities are progressing in a better pace. :) How long is waiting period to get date for oath ceremony?

Wish everyone should complete the process soon.

Reactions: amira041

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
That is a lot of people. How long did it take you from registering to walking out the door?
Test was at 7:45 AM. Arrived at 7:25. Check-in started at 7:45, test started around 8:15. I finished in a couple of minutes, so was called in for interview early too. Hence, out at 8:30.

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
This seems to be a standard reply, but because it is mentioned - "We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process."- it seems one your applications is in process. I you call them you may get details and if they confirm the same on phone, as them your application number, which is usually provided in AOR. If they give you application number, then definitely it is in process and you have missed/lost AOR email.
I called them so many times, and they said they have email reply from the processing center that they have the envelop but it's not open yet, and no application number or anything else shown in the system.

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Guys - Just a got a letter schedule for the test on March 15 - Admin please update.
could someone shed some light on the following :when I appear for test, I should bring  all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form) ? do I have to bring police certificate , IELTS test results etc?? or just old passports?

Reactions: amira041

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Guys - Just a got a letter schedule for the test on March 15 - Admin please update.
could someone shed some light on the following :when I appear for test, I should bring  all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form) ? do I have to bring police certificate , IELTS test results etc?? or just old passports?
Updated, thanks