+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

anirudh31

Nov 28, 2018
Hi,
My AOR is 5th May 2018. The only update in my application so far has been 'Medicals Passed' and rest as they were. I called in the CIC today and the agent told me current status is that they are processing my BG check. I wanted to know is that something positive, as I dont see any update to the status in my online applciation.

Thank you!

AmIRobot

Dec 12, 2018
Hi,
My AOR is 5th May 2018. The only update in my application so far has been 'Medicals Passed' and rest as they were. I called in the CIC today and the agent told me current status is that they are processing my BG check. I wanted to know is that something positive, as I dont see any update to the status in my online applciation.

Thank you!
The same boat for me. I called IRCC last week. They said my eligibility check was passed, and the bg check was still going on. I don't know why the bg check is so time-consuming.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
May 14th AOR. Everything is passed as per GCMS notes, but 'in progress' in online account status. Application status 'On hold' for further review since Nov 2018 at Montreal office.
BOWP has also not been although issued 5 and 1/2 months since Feb 2019.

Pamolaji

Aug 28, 2018
May 14th AOR. Everything is passed as per GCMS notes, but 'in progress' in online account status. Application status 'On hold' for further review since Nov 2018 at Montreal office.
BOWP has also not been although issued 5 and 1/2 months since Feb 2019.
Do you know why your application has been put on hold for further review? Does it say why in your notes?

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Do you know why your application has been put on hold for further review? Does it say why in your notes?
No it does not. The only reason given is 'pending further review'. They have not stated which review or anything. Upon inquiry through webforms or MP, you get same general answers like : ' for further verification', 'administrative review' etc. No more details or information.

AmIRobot

Dec 12, 2018
Do you guys know that generally when does a background check start? I called IRCC, and their agent said the check generally starts at the beginning of an application.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Do you guys know that generally when does a background check start? I called IRCC, and their agent said the check generally starts at the beginning of an application.
There are two parts to background check

Criminality - done usually at the initial stages of processing..

Security - during final stages mostly once eligibility is met and passed..

So when they refer to background check - could be any one of them

AmIRobot

Dec 12, 2018
There are two parts to background check

Criminality - done usually at the initial stages of processing..

Security - during final stages mostly once eligibility is met and passed..

So when they refer to background check - could be any one of them
How long does Security Check take generally? I think my Criminality check was done.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
How long does Security Check take generally? I think my Criminality check was done.
Security varies from 1 week to generally less than a month to 6+Months - 11Months if under comprehensive Security Screening (SS)..

It depends on region of origin and travel and employment history..usually done by a third party organization ..

So yeah it varies from case to case - sry - wish the answer could have been simple

AmIRobot

Dec 12, 2018
Security varies from 1 week to generally less than a month to 6+Months - 11Months if under comprehensive Security Screening (SS)..

It depends on region of origin and travel and employment history..usually done by a third party organization ..

So yeah it varies from case to case - sry - wish the answer could have been simple
Thanks. That helped a lot. I am sure my security check is going on but don't know how long it will take.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Thanks. That helped a lot. I am sure my security check is going on but don't know how long it will take.
I do not know much on how to order and what information is available - you can look it up in this forum or online - but you can order CBSA/CSIS Notes similar to that of gcms notes but differ to the fact that it gives info on Security check to know more..

If you think CBSA/CSIS notes would help into more insights to processing - i would suggest order them

AmIRobot

Dec 12, 2018
I do not know much on how to order and what information is available - you can look it up in this forum or online - but you can order CBSA/CSIS Notes similar to that of gcms notes but differ to the fact that it gives info on Security check to know more..

If you think CBSA/CSIS notes would help into more insights to processing - i would suggest order them
Thanks for your advice. I would apply for the notes if they were helpful to speed up the process of applications. Honestly, the efficiency of IRCC really needs a promotion.

Samirdz

Nov 7, 2018
AOR 22 May here.
My medical exam expire and I do it again by 23 june, it was noted as passed by July 10.

Today I got a request for an resume (cv) and for Annexe A (IMM 5669), for me and my wife, what do you think, is this a good sign ?
And where can I download this document please ?

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
AOR 22 May here.
My medical exam expire and I do it again by 23 june, it was noted as passed by July 10.

Today I got a request for an resume (cv) and for Annexe A (IMM 5669), for me and my wife, what do you think, is this a good sign ?
And where can I download this document please ?
That is always a good sign Samirdz..

That shows they have picked up your file and has started working on it - mostly to conclude it to ppr ..

Good luck

Reactions: Samirdz