+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

AmIRobot

Dec 12, 2018
I did not do re-medical, status just changed from not required to Passed. They have extended my Medicals.
Okay, thanks. That makes sense for me. We have a similar boat. My application has been going on for almost 14 months, and my medical status is "we don't need that".

Reactions: Ram10

tottiren

Mar 21, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP
I did not do re-medical, status just changed from not required to Passed. They have extended my Medicals.
Interesting to see you passed the medical WITHOUT doing re-med, are you an inland applicant? Did you have an update notice on the day medical got extended? My medical also changed to "you do not need..." 2 days after my medical got expired, but no change after that so far,

Ram10

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Interesting to see you passed the medical WITHOUT doing re-med, are you an inland applicant? Did you have an update notice on the day medical got extended? My medical also changed to "you do not need..." 2 days after my medical got expired, but no change after that so far,
Yes i am an inland applicant. And i have not received any email upon extending my medicals, they have just update the status from "you do not need" to "11-July, you passed medical exam".

tottiren

Mar 21, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP
Yes i am an inland applicant. And i have not received any email upon extending my medicals, they have just update the status from "you do not need" to "11-July, you passed medical exam".
was there an update notice when changing from "you do not need" to "11-July, you passed medical exam"? Thanks

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Here comes my PPR after 14 and half months...I wish and pray for all of you who are waiting...Below are my timelines,

AOR: 02-May-2018
Medicals Passed : 09-May-2018
Medicals Expired : Mid of April, 2019
Medicals status changed to "you do not need medical exam" (or some similar kind of message) in June,2019
Medical status changed to "You passed medical exam on July 11, 2019" , i have checked it now. (No Re-Medicals request received)
PPR: 15-July-2019.

My application never went to review required stage. I have been seeing my eligibility Recommend Passed and waiting for final officer review since last August.
Please ask me if am missing to share any information. Happy to help if i can...

Thank you everyone and all the best :) ...
Hey hello ...my AOR is 14 May 2018. 14 and 1/2 months over. Evreything was passed by Nov 2018. But application status became 'On Hold' the next day in GCMS notes and its has been same till today. Reasons given -> pending review/ further verification required. I have applied for work permit extension 5 months back, but even that is not being processed. Reason being given is: If your application is under review, you may not be eligible.
Does anyone has any experience or idea about this? Thanks.

Ram10

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Hey hello ...my AOR is 14 May 2018. 14 and 1/2 months over. Evreything was passed by Nov 2018. But application status became 'On Hold' the next day in GCMS notes and its has been same till today. Reasons given -> pending review/ further verification required. I have applied for work permit extension 5 months back, but even that is not being processed. Reason being given is: If your application is under review, you may not be eligible.
Does anyone has any experience or idea about this? Thanks.
If your work permit is going to expire, they have to process your WP application even though PR application is under process. Have you tried calling customer care, try to call them or visit your local MP office and explain the situation. MP office might tell you the latest status, and they would suggest what to do next.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
If your work permit is going to expire, they have to process your WP application even though PR application is under process. Have you tried calling customer care, try to call them or visit your local MP office and explain the situation. MP office might tell you the latest status, and they would suggest what to do next.
Yes, I have tried it all - MP, call center everything. My WP has already expired, about 6 months back. I applied for extension in Feb 2019.
VO said as your main application is under review you may or may not be eligible for WP urgent processing. I have taken private medical health insurance too to be safe.

Ram10

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Yes, I have tried it all - MP, call center everything. My WP has already expired, about 6 months back. I applied for extension in Feb 2019.
VO said as your main application is under review you may or may not be eligible for WP urgent processing. I have taken private medical health insurance too to be safe.
Ohh, as long as you can stay until you get an update on your PR , i think its fine but please try to keep calling customer care at least once a week.My file was untouched for a very long time. I was kept calling and last month Customer care team has sent a follow up email to CIC, i think that is the reason why they have moved the file.

Reactions: EE12345

npvv

Feb 7, 2019
Hi , My AOR is 4th, May ,2018 applicant.I was not asked for re-medicals. Application was updated, they updated the status from "You passed the medical exam " to "you do not need" in the first week of june
On July 8th application again updated from "you do not need" to "8-July, you passed medical exam".
I called CIC and they said application is still under processing and eligibility under review.

Is anyone with the similar scenario ?
Has anyone got PPR after medical extended but eligibility under review ?
approximately how much time do they need after medical extension?
Its been 14 months now

Ram10

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Hi , My AOR is 4th, May ,2018 applicant.I was not asked for re-medicals. Application was updated, they updated the status from "You passed the medical exam " to "you do not need" in the first week of june
On July 8th application again updated from "you do not need" to "8-July, you passed medical exam".
I called CIC and they said application is still under processing and eligibility under review.

Its been 14 months now
Mine is the same case, they have sent PPR after 4 days of extending my medicals, you might get it very soon...

tottiren

Mar 21, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP

Its been 14 months now
14 months is a long wait, I had the same update as medical expired, a bit surprised to see your medical has been extended being an outland applicant. hopefully I will get this extention too.