+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
14 months completed...
same here my friend!! Cic needs to do something with our files, either approve or reject. What is the point of giving us so much stress and anxiety by not doing anything. it sucks. Nobody can help us. my lawyer all the time tell me one thing, you need to be patient. I was like r you kidding me?

Reactions: Ram10

Dutta585

Oct 10, 2018
same here my friend!! Cic needs to do something with our files, either approve or reject. What is the point of giving us so much stress and anxiety by not doing anything. it sucks. Nobody can help us. my lawyer all the time tell me one thing, you need to be patient. I was like r you kidding me?
anyone have extra patience i can borrow?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
i don't know how much more time for our files to complete
over 14 months :(:(

debpratik

Apr 19, 2017
For people not getting updates on their PR, my suggestion is not to chase it rather then let it come to you.

We were under review required for a year with no updates what so ever. Then one day got a re-medical request followed by successful submission and a PPR email in a week.

Our situation was worse. Our work permit expired impacting our jobs in Canada. We had applied for PR one year in advance of work permit expiry thinking we were proactive enough. Unfortunately there were no updates even after a year. We applied for bridge work permit and that took 3 months (usual processing times - 4 weeks in 2018). We were under implied status. There was a big question mark from our employers regarding our status in Canada but luckily it did not impact us much.To add to this, we were expecting and the due date was falling under the implied status which means hospitals bills won't be covered by the health insurance.

We thought meeting the MLA would work but that wasn't the case. What they do best is to get the information for the current status of the application.They don't expedite the process.

It wasn't an easy wait but at any point we weren't anxious or frustrated. I don't remember checking the account for more than once or may be twice a month.

I agree it's easy now to say all this as we have the golden email. If my message instigates positivity for at least 1, my time spent on writing this would be worth :)

Ram10

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Yes hiring a lawyer might be a waste of thing...they can do nothing...and call center agent told me that they did not even touch my file for a long time, what a sincere information it was...

jeremythanks2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
For people not getting updates on their PR, my suggestion is not to chase it rather then let it come to you.

We were under review required for a year with no updates what so ever. Then one day got a re-medical request followed by successful submission and a PPR email in a week.

Our situation was worse. Our work permit expired impacting our jobs in Canada. We had applied for PR one year in advance of work permit expiry thinking we were proactive enough. Unfortunately there were no updates even after a year. We applied for bridge work permit and that took 3 months (usual processing times - 4 weeks in 2018). We were under implied status. There was a big question mark from our employers regarding our status in Canada but luckily it did not impact us much.To add to this, we were expecting and the due date was falling under the implied status which means hospitals bills won't be covered by the health insurance.

We thought meeting the MLA would work but that wasn't the case. What they do best is to get the information for the current status of the application.They don't expedite the process.

It wasn't an easy wait but at any point we weren't anxious or frustrated. I don't remember checking the account for more than once or may be twice a month.

I agree it's easy now to say all this as we have the golden email. If my message instigates positivity for at least 1, my time spent on writing this would be worth :)
Thanks!!

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I am May 2018 AOR. As per my GCMS notes, everything was passed and final decision of "Application approved' was also made in Nov, and COPR was set in print queue as seen from GCMS. But immediately next one or 2 days, application was put 'On Hold' giving reason - further review required. All this is seen only in GCMS notes. And it has been On Hold since then, with only update of medicals expired.
The different web form and replies via MP I have got have been are -> application under administrative review/final review/ further verification.

LaDavid

Oct 15, 2018
Is anyone who has passed the remedical still waiting on ppr from cic and how long has the wait been? Just trying to find out the average wait time for an update after remedical.

Dutta585

Oct 10, 2018
Is anyone who has passed the remedical still waiting on ppr from cic and how long has the wait been? Just trying to find out the average wait time for an update after remedical.
hi
i called Cic on 5 july,they advised i passed my security but they are checking with ottawa visa office to extend my medical
i advised them i have already redone my medical as i have to extend my work visa
cic agent advised me to update it, i have updated medical on 8th july and got passed on 11th july
i received PPR email today
AOR 4 may 2018

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
hi
i called Cic on 5 july,they advised i passed my security but they are checking with ottawa visa office to extend my medical
i advised them i have already redone my medical as i have to extend my work visa
cic agent advised me to update it, i have updated medical on 8th july and got passed on 11th july
i received PPR email today
AOR 4 may 2018
This is something I haven't heard of!

By the way congratulations on your PPR. Stay blessed

Ram10

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Here comes my PPR after 14 and half months...I wish and pray for all of you who are waiting...Below are my timelines,

AOR: 02-May-2018
Medicals Passed : 09-May-2018
Medicals Expired : Mid of April, 2019
Medicals status changed to "you do not need medical exam" (or some similar kind of message) in June,2019
Medical status changed to "You passed medical exam on July 11, 2019" , i have checked it now. (No Re-Medicals request received)
PPR: 15-July-2019.

My application never went to review required stage. I have been seeing my eligibility Recommend Passed and waiting for final officer review since last August.
Please ask me if am missing to share any information. Happy to help if i can...

Thank you everyone and all the best :) ...

Reactions: djangoboy

Dutta585

Oct 10, 2018
Here comes my PPR after 14 and half months...I wish and pray for all of you who are waiting...Below are my timelines,

Medicals status changed to "you do not need medical exam" (or some similar kind of message) in June,2019
Medical status changed to "You passed medical exam on July 11, 2019" , i have checked it now. (No Re-Medicals request received)

My application never went to review required stage. I have been seeing my eligibility Recommend Passed and waiting for final officer review since last August.

Congratulations :)
my case was almost same ,AOR may 4th 2018 and medical expired on may 4th 2019
updated new medical without CIC requesting it

AmIRobot

Dec 12, 2018

So you did a medical re-check without CIC notification before you got PPR?