+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

annalise1

Mar 4, 2019
Hello,

I submitted my PR application 9 months ago.

I was asked to send my passport for my PR visa to be issued in Feb 2019, which I did the next day then I got a message saying to complete a Schedule A form 3 weeks later while still waiting for my passport.
See the message below:

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature

Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence.

Can someone please tell me why they are requesting for this form, especially after I have already sent my passport.

Thank you.

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Hello,

I submitted my PR application 9 months ago.

I was asked to send my passport for my PR visa to be issued in Feb 2019, which I did the next day then I got a message saying to complete a Schedule A form 3 weeks later while still waiting for my passport.
See the message below:

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature

Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence.

Can someone please tell me why they are requesting for this form, especially after I have already sent my passport.

Thank you.
Did you have any past visa refusals?

D

Deleted member 810875

I have got PPR on 26-Feb-19. My AOR is 28-June-2018. As per GCMS notes my application was in Review Required status for my NOC, but I have not submitted any additional document to CIC. All the best to people who are still waiting. Good Luck.
congratulations.

what was your VO?

Aspiringexpat

Mar 9, 2019
Hi Guys,

AOR received - 7th May 2018. No development since then. Due to long inactivity phase, i recently decided to order GCMS notes. The objective was to understand which stage my application is stuck at. Now that i've received GCMS, i ended up getting confused. It's 73 pages long, most of which common folks like me will have a tough time understanding, due to the acronyms. Anyhow, after a lot of struggle & filtering background noise, i landed on my Case Analyst's recommendation. It says:
"Decision: Not Met FSW MEC = Not Met; Unable to verify one year of work experience at primary NOC based on documents provided; Insufficient evidence of lead statement of NOC. Insufficient evidence of Main Duties of NOC; RPRF: Complete"

My primary NOC includes 3 years of work experience (I have a total of 3 years 11 months work ex including primary NOC & secondary). In the CA's recommendation, he is discarding only 1 year of experience of my Primary NOC as the NOC code does not match the lead statement & main duties. So does this mean he is considering other 2 years of experience? Since this is a mismatch of NOC code & job responsibilities, what should be my next course of action? Should i raise CSE explaining them my mistake of selecting wrong NOC & uploading a fresh employer reference letter matching new NOC?

I tired reaching CIC office through call to clarify this but couldnt get through. Your insights would be much appreciated. If anyone can point me in the right direction, i can take necessary steps.

Cheers!

RedWhite

Jul 7, 2018
Addressing my question to those whose file took more than 180 days to process. What actions would you recommend for me after my file crosses landmark of 180 days of processing?
Relevant details of my app:
AOR: 21st Sept. 2018
Medical Passed: 28th Oct. 2018 (Ghost update one day before med. passed)

No movement/updates after that.

If you are able to share exact questions/info to be asked from CIC via CSE/Agent, that would be great. Thanks!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

AOR received - 7th May 2018. No development since then. Due to long inactivity phase, i recently decided to order GCMS notes. The objective was to understand which stage my application is stuck at. Now that i've received GCMS, i ended up getting confused. It's 73 pages long, most of which common folks like me will have a tough time understanding, due to the acronyms. Anyhow, after a lot of struggle & filtering background noise, i landed on my Case Analyst's recommendation. It says:
"Decision: Not Met FSW MEC = Not Met; Unable to verify one year of work experience at primary NOC based on documents provided; Insufficient evidence of lead statement of NOC. Insufficient evidence of Main Duties of NOC; RPRF: Complete"

My primary NOC includes 3 years of work experience (I have a total of 3 years 11 months work ex including primary NOC & secondary). In the CA's recommendation, he is discarding only 1 year of experience of my Primary NOC as the NOC code does not match the lead statement & main duties. So does this mean he is considering other 2 years of experience? Since this is a mismatch of NOC code & job responsibilities, what should be my next course of action? Should i raise CSE explaining them my mistake of selecting wrong NOC & uploading a fresh employer reference letter matching new NOC?

I tired reaching CIC office through call to clarify this but couldnt get through. Your insights would be much appreciated. If anyone can point me in the right direction, i can take necessary steps.

Cheers!
Yes, you should raise CSE explaining your mistake about selecting wrong NOC and send them a fresh employer letter that outlines all the roles and responsibilities of the matching new NOC

Reactions: Aspiringexpat

Aspiringexpat

Mar 9, 2019
Yes, you should raise CSE explaining your mistake about selecting wrong NOC and send them a fresh employer letter that outlines all the roles and responsibilities of the matching new NOC
I might try that. Do you know if we can change NOC after application is filed? I read somewhere, chances are your application can get rejected by cic.

suki24

May 17, 2018
I think it is a very good sign, you should be receiving PPR soon.

Do you know if you were in review required or your VO?

& what is your NOC?
Thanks for your encouraging words.
Unfortunately I do not know about the VO nor do I know on review required. i am thinking of ordering GCMS notes soon.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I might try that. Do you know if we can change NOC after application is filed? I read somewhere, chances are your application can get rejected by cic.
They are not consistent with handling such cases. So yes rejections have happened for similar reasons and there have been a few lucky candidates who got their applications approved as well. As such there is nothing more in your hands but to raise a CSE and provide additional proof either to support your original NOC or to try and change your primary NOC. But it is totally up to the visa officer handling your case.

Reactions: Aspiringexpat

Aspiringexpat

Mar 9, 2019
They are not consistent with handling such cases. So yes rejections have happened for similar reasons and there have been a few lucky candidates who got their applications approved as well. As such there is nothing more in your hands but to raise a CSE and provide additional proof either to support your original NOC or to try and change your primary NOC. But it is totally up to the visa officer handling your case.
Thanks for the insight Cansha. I'm not sure though, whether i should try to change my NOC or stick to the original one. BTW do you happen to know what kind of additional proof can be provided to support the original NOC? I might ask my employer to provide the required document if it can help my case.