May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
I dont know what to say.. itmust be so difficult to wait for dont know how long..i myself feel very frustrated with jun 3 AOR eligibility met and rest all not started even now...do you know what might be the reason to go into SS . Or is it done randomly?
i think just cos my nationality and the fact i was in IT

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Calling may not be of much use. But there is no one size fits all solution here. Ordering gcms notes is still prudent in my opinion. There are hundreds of cases on this forum where people got to know of issues in their files after ordering gcms notes. And I disagree with some who say you should take action when you haven’t received anything for six months. If you wait till then it’s already late. I think anyone who has not received anything after 90 days should order gcms notes just to be sure.
I've ordered my gcms notes recently as from AOR 16 of May more than 120 days passed.
I am wondering if the notes will state some add docs needed will it be helpful to send them through cse web form?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I've ordered my gcms notes recently as from AOR 16 of May more than 120 days passed.
I am wondering if the notes will state some add docs needed will it be helpful to send them through cse web form?
Let the notes come first. In some cases some people send docs beforehand and it has helped but in many cases there is no need to send any docs. It all depends on analyst observation. So let notes arrive. Till then try to take mind off from this.

Reactions: AlexandraO

CoolSandy

Feb 14, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-06-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
i think just cos my nationality and the fact i was in IT
May I know your nationality?
Whats IT got to do with security screening

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Originally posted in June thread but this thread may also find useful

%age statuses by month as per Immitracker. Based on my past experience on reaction to this post will start with following disclaimer points :D:D

• Yes the immitracker data may not be accurate, as not all people enter or update their data. But I think it is okay as in no field you can have absolute population data. You will have to work with sample data and make decisions.
  • As you read this and the data and you feel "oh I could list N reasons the data is not the right sample" … well yeah I know that BUT unless someone can give better data, this is all we have. So let’s make peace with it.
  • Immitracker ignores inactive cases. And yes it does impact %ages. However, I think immitracker is correct in ignoring inactive cases.
  • Having said all of above, I think this data can still be used to see trends which are useful. The %ages may not be accurate but overall movement is definitely indicative of progress
  • And lastly, if you disagree just ignore!

Added two more months to observe trending better
and make sure the trend holds.

Based on the data, here are my observations

The Good
  1. As expected June is showing an upward trend. Lots of movement. As I have said before 4th month after AOR is most productive for PPRs. I think we can expect ~20-23% more PPRs in this month.
  2. Look at August! Huge jump and lots of PPRs . The activity on August thread is testimony to that.
  3. March still moved at a decent pace but it will taper off in coming weeks, if previous trending holds.
The Bad
  1. March is stagnant! Nothing has moved and CIC seems to be missing the 80% mark for sure.
  2. July is stagnant too. I expected some movement in July. Let’s see if it picks up in coming weeks.
The Ugly

THE SLOWDOWN MAY BE REAL!

I think if this data is any indication, CIC may have to revise that 6 month timeline sooner or later unless they really pick up. Why do I say that? Read below a bit carefully

Focus on the two shaded columns .. PPR% at end of August (29-Aug) and PPR% at end of September (28-Sep)

• At end of August which is almost month 6 for Feb 85% people from Feb and received PPR. This is good as this is what is expected. Rather CIC seems to beat the 80% target. For march at end of August (5th month from AOR) the number is 68%.
  • So you expected March to give 12% more PPRs in one month and meet 80%. BUT March is stuck at 75%. And if I compare it to at same point vs Feb it is 10% slower than Feb.
  • If we compare March Vs April. March at the end of Month 5 was at 68% whereas April at Month 5 is only 61% .. again 7% slower. And April doesn’t seem to move!
  • Comparing April vs May. April was 48% at 4th month mark whereas May was only able to reach 45%.

We will see how this goes with two additional months added to data. BUT it is a clear indication that application processing is slow from March onward.

By end of October we will know if April can even hit 75% like March or falls short. Or if May is able to buck the trend and prove me wrong.

Over and out!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Time for my weekly post for Montreal visa office :D:D

Are you a FSW-O candidate based in the USA? or an inland Candidate?

Still stuck in IP1? if Yes, then your application may be at Montreal visa office.

Do order GCMS notes or call IRCC agents and find out ...

Why? Because if you're at Montreal your wait likely is going to be long one! Based on the data we have till now Montreal takes 5-6 months to give PPR. Hence knowing this may prevent you to log-in to CIC account daily.

For more information please join us at Montreal thread here!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/montreal-visa-office-lets-connect-here.575300/page-35#post-7279704

P.B.

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Hi Buddy,
Congrats. Your PPR gives me hope and makes me wonder too :)
My VO is New Delhi and I am in PNP-O Ontario as well. However, my AOR is 31st May - don't know where my file is stuck at. Also, if you don't mind can you please share which email ID did you get the mail from ?
I am PNP Ontario as well... AOR May 4 .. no signs of PPR :)

Reactions: nk31

drandyeros

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Originally posted in June thread but this thread may also find useful

%age statuses by month as per Immitracker. Based on my past experience on reaction to this post will start with following disclaimer points :D:D

• Yes the immitracker data may not be accurate, as not all people enter or update their data. But I think it is okay as in no field you can have absolute population data. You will have to work with sample data and make decisions.
  • As you read this and the data and you feel "oh I could list N reasons the data is not the right sample" … well yeah I know that BUT unless someone can give better data, this is all we have. So let’s make peace with it.
  • Immitracker ignores inactive cases. And yes it does impact %ages. However, I think immitracker is correct in ignoring inactive cases.
  • Having said all of above, I think this data can still be used to see trends which are useful. The %ages may not be accurate but overall movement is definitely indicative of progress
  • And lastly, if you disagree just ignore!

Added two more months to observe trending better
and make sure the trend holds.

Based on the data, here are my observations

The Good
  1. As expected June is showing an upward trend. Lots of movement. As I have said before 4th month after AOR is most productive for PPRs. I think we can expect ~20-23% more PPRs in this month.
  2. Look at August! Huge jump and lots of PPRs . The activity on August thread is testimony to that.
  3. March still moved at a decent pace but it will taper off in coming weeks, if previous trending holds.
The Bad
  1. March is stagnant! Nothing has moved and CIC seems to be missing the 80% mark for sure.
  2. July is stagnant too. I expected some movement in July. Let’s see if it picks up in coming weeks.
The Ugly

THE SLOWDOWN MAY BE REAL!

I think if this data is any indication, CIC may have to revise that 6 month timeline sooner or later unless they really pick up. Why do I say that? Read below a bit carefully

Focus on the two shaded columns .. PPR% at end of August (29-Aug) and PPR% at end of September (28-Sep)

• At end of August which is almost month 6 for Feb 85% people from Feb and received PPR. This is good as this is what is expected. Rather CIC seems to beat the 80% target. For march at end of August (5th month from AOR) the number is 68%.
  • So you expected March to give 12% more PPRs in one month and meet 80%. BUT March is stuck at 75%. And if I compare it to at same point vs Feb it is 10% slower than Feb.
  • If we compare March Vs April. March at the end of Month 5 was at 68% whereas April at Month 5 is only 61% .. again 7% slower. And April doesn’t seem to move!
  • Comparing April vs May. April was 48% at 4th month mark whereas May was only able to reach 45%.

We will see how this goes with two additional months added to data. BUT it is a clear indication that application processing is slow from March onward.

By end of October we will know if April can even hit 75% like March or falls short. Or if May is able to buck the trend and prove me wrong.

Over and out!
Thank you very much for your analyse, it is pretty useful to me.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
After 5 years of being unable to write the IELTS exam because IDP, Hyderabad was unable to provide me a special needs requirement, BC Bangalore agreed and I gave my IELTS attempt. Thankfully, I had to give it just once! After a long rollercoaster ride, finally, another chapter draws to a close and a new one begins. PPR!!

IELTS - 16th Dec 2017
IELTS score - 8/8/7.5/7
ECA - 13th March 2018
CRS - 446
NOC - 2132
ITA - 11th April 2018
AOR - 20th May 2018
IP1/MEDS PASSED - 10th June 2018
IP2 - 18th September 2018
Ghost Update - 19th September 2018
PPR - 20th September 2018

Two calls made to IRCC.
No GCMS ordered.
OTTAWA VO.
FSW Outland with 2 dependents.

The wait is long but worth it!!!

That said, I'll burst a few myths as below:

1. Don't join any AoR WhatsApp and Telegram groups - I've warned you. The over analyzing, over speculating crowd sometimes brings you to the edge of despair. Guys, there's no reliable database out there to analyse patterns, and each case is unique so don't look at others timelines and wonder "why him, why not me". It's pointless, energy sapping and gives an unrealistic picture.

2. Don't order GCMS notes before 100 days from AoR - There's no point. It's not going to affect your file in anyway. Any how, my plan was to order them only at the 150 day mark. By then I'd know that my file is seriously stuck and I'd like to know where.

3. Don't send additional documents after panicking and seeing "Review Required" on your GCMS notes - Remember the time you were unsure of something and looped in your boss/team lead for confirmation? Well, pretty much the same thing going on here in most cases. Most of the times, the additional documents that you send without being asked takes up the officer's/agent's time plus your file review time (plus the time taken to move other files because the officer has to look at yours) because they are bound to consider every sheet of paper you send them. So unless you want to extend the time taken to review your file, don't send any documents unless asked for. Chances of outright rejections after 3-4 month mark is pretty rare unless you've seriously messed up your case.

4. Proof of Funds - Big debate with the fluctuating currency, I know. However, IRCC have tweeted that the rate as on the date of application submission is considered, and it's the officer's discretion whether to ask for more funds or not. Think logically before rushing money into your bank accounts due to the depreciating currency. You were asked to show Proof of Funds and as on the day of submission, you have more than enough funds parked. Currency devaluation is NOT your problem!

5. Can IRCC check your bank accounts? No, I personally think they can't. Reason - I moved my funds out of my account after AoR and invested them elsewhere. Then brought them back. Then moved it out again. Had the IRCC been able to access my account, why would they ask for my signed bank statements? Yes they want to know that the documents are genuine, not if the money is there in your account or not. They can verify if the documents you've submitted are forged or not, but they cannot personally access and check current bank balances!!

6. Be productive, learn French - doesn't matter where you're moving to. Use the downtime to learn French diligently. I used Duolingo, one hour everyday. Thank me later, de rein.

7. Calling IRCC/emailing them - no use. Enough said. It helps to know where you are and assuage your curiosity, the vague picture given by the agents end up confusing you even more. It doesn't help speed up your file in any way.

One last point I forgot to add, which happens to be the root cause of most of the points above

8. Don't BLINDLY trust consultants - some of them peddle rumours to cause panic and are heavily misinformed. I'd always recommend cross checking any facts they claim.

All these are my personal observations so please follow them at your own peril.

Good luck to all the other aspirants!!
Thanks for all the wishes guys!

Submitted my passports on 26th September and received them back on 5th October.

To those who are still waiting: I won't write something generic like "stay calm and wait" etc because I know you guys are frustrated. I know it's kinda easy (and unfair) for us to say that when we ourselves were pulling our hair here on this very forum. All I'll say is,

The chances of rejection of your application is pretty low once you've crossed 4 months. The day you get your golden email, party like there's no tomorrow...

... err, submit the passports and then party.

Good luck all!

Next chapter is to find a job!

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hi,

Just want to ask how long does background check usually last? They started our background check last sept 20. We are being processed at manila local visa office. Most people who got background check last sept 20 in the philippines already have passport request. Only 7 of us are left and it is making me so paranoid that there is something wrong with our applications. What are the chances of getting denied at this stage? Chance of getting interviewed eventhough gckey states "you do not need an interview"? Thank you

ajay100

Jan 16, 2017
Ordered GCMS notes after waiting for update since 2nd June 2018 (Medical Pass), All Fees paid in advance while applying
AOR 23rd May
Medical Passed 2nd June
Nothing since then. hope to receive the PPR before GCMS.
I thing better to pay FEE when CIC ask, at least they look into your file for fees. other wise they are sitting on on most of file, who have paid fees in advance.
my CPC is Ottawa (the most slow office).

Reactions: AlexandraO

jayson_mires

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks for all the wishes guys!

Submitted my passports on 26th September and received them back on 5th October.

To those who are still waiting: I won't write something generic like "stay calm and wait" etc because I know you guys are frustrated. I know it's kinda easy (and unfair) for us to say that when we ourselves were pulling our hair here on this very forum. All I'll say is,

The chances of rejection of your application is pretty low once you've crossed 4 months. The day you get your golden email, party like there's no tomorrow...

... err, submit the passports and then party.

Good luck all!

Next chapter is to find a job!
Could you care to elaborate on the bold part!

Reactions: AlexandraO and Y@$h