+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Just got my Medical Exam Passed. Checked at around 6pm today and it wasn't updated yet, few hours after I got the MEP. No email update sent :)

AOR: May 26
MEP: June 6

Status now showing
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final decision: Your application is in progress.

Am I in IP1 or IP2?

Thankssss
Are you FSW or CEC?

cheera

Jan 12, 2014
Is there anything you could have done better? Or the job situation is just complicated to describe? I don’t think you’ll be blamed for your complicated situation as long as you tried your best to represent it. Put yourself in the shoes of an officer, would you reject a case because of a complicated job situation that a candidate is trying to describe?

There isn’t a perfect solution and I’m sure they’re aware of how complicated job situations can get. My sense is that they are looking for two things: did you lie about things that you claim you have? Are you eligible (more than one year of experience)? In terms of nitty gritty details I honestly don’t think they matter.
Thank you boldmove. I didn't lie about job duties, and have 3+ years foreign work experience without this job.

Reactions: boldmove2018

boldmove2018

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Just got my Medical Exam Passed. Checked at around 6pm today and it wasn't updated yet, few hours after I got the MEP. No email update sent :)

AOR: May 26
MEP: June 6

Status now showing
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final decision: Your application is in progress.

Am I in IP1 or IP2?

Thankssss
Congrats! That’s IP2. If you were on IP1, the status would have showed “we’ll send you a message when we start processing your background check”. They are moving fast on your case! We have pretty much the same AOR and MEP dates. Did you get an ITA in early May or April? I got mine on May 23.

JeMaAnd

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
Can someone describe what is IP1 and IP2 please. I have passed the medical - did not see any more updates. AOR May 16.
Hi.. based on the forums I’ve read. Your are in IP2 already if your background check status stated: we are processing your background check.

Singhamrita2906

Feb 10, 2018
Dear All,

Sharing my timeline with you....
AOR 4th May
MEP 11th May
IP1 11th May
Since then stuck at Ip1 only....does CIC send a message when Ip1 changes to Not applicable or Ip2?

Mar 22, 2018
Hello Friends,

My application status is

ITA : 9-May-2018
AOR: 14-May-2018

As soon as AOR was received this was the status.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Not applicable
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

On 24th May the status got updated as below.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

There has been no update after this. I am worried about my application status as its getting delayed too much.

Could anyone of you please help me
1) to understand me in which status my application is now. Because I am not seeing mine anywhere in the general processing status (like IP1, NA1, etc.) which everyone discusses.
2) to know if there might be any specific reason for delay.
3) to know what is the general processing timelines now.

Thank you!!