strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Check portal as I am also not receiving email about application.
PS I am Jannie only I have 2 accounts for got password for each and had diff login on phone and laptop
My passport was delivered 28th on Thursday to Ottawa, and was approved on CIC portal yesterday July 3rd and shown counterfoil generated with expiry date exactly a year after MEP. For inland, I peeked the tracker, typically it takes two business days after the receiving day to be stamped and approved on portal and next day which is hopefully today return tracker will be acitivated and Ottawa to Toronto is next day delivery if the tracker is activated tonight I would receive passport tomorrow

Reactions: haniya.carielle

puneetg28

Apr 11, 2018
Guys,

Have a query on healthcare coverage post PR. We (Me and my wife) got our AoR on 21 May (Still IP1) and we got to know last week that we are expecting a baby. My question is if we reach there couple of months ahead of due date, would we be covered under healthcare or we would need to shell out?

I remember reading somewhere that they won't bear any healthcare expenses for 3 months post PR. Any inputs would be appreciated. If there is another thread I should ask this query at, please feel free to direct me.

Cheers!

Josephine85

Apr 25, 2018
Guys,

Have a query on healthcare coverage post PR. We (Me and my wife) got our AoR on 21 May (Still IP1) and we got to know last week that we are expecting a baby. My question is if we reach there couple of months ahead of due date, would we be covered under healthcare or we would need to shell out?

I remember reading somewhere that they won't bear any healthcare expenses for 3 months post PR. Any inputs would be appreciated. If there is another thread I should ask this query at, please feel free to direct me.

Cheers!
You are correct, you need to stay in Canada for three months before you can be covered, My sister is actually going through same situation right now,She is flying to Canada next week and I believe she is going to pay for delivery which is due next month. I do hope you get your PPR and sticker early enough to meet up with this timeline.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Guys,

Cheers!
I believe Alberta covers the healthcare expense. You will need to apply for AHCIP which will get activated on landing. http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-requirements.html

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Guys,

Cheers!
Puneet, OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) has a 3 months waiting period. That is from the time you land in the country

https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card

https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/ontario-health-insurance-plan-ohip/what-is-the-3-month-waiting-period-for-ohip/

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
62 days since AOR. Called CIC and was put on wait for 45 mins. Persevered through and came to know that my eligibility is Recommended Pass & Medicals are passed. Criminality, Security & BGC not yet started. I ordered GCMS a few days ago so I doubt I will receive any other info.

Also, I asked about my Visa Office & the agent said it's being processed in Ottawa currently. Would it stay in Ottawa for further processing? I wonder.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
62 days since AOR. Called CIC and was put on wait for 45 mins. Persevered through and came to know that my eligibility is Recommended Pass & Medicals are passed. Criminality, Security & BGC not yet started. I ordered GCMS a few days ago so I doubt I will receive any other info.

Also, I asked about my Visa Office & the agent said it's being processed in Ottawa currently. Would it stay in Ottawa for further processing? I wonder.
As I understand some of BGC stuff is being handled by the local visa office... ultimately you will be required to submit your passport to visa office close to Riyadh,(for passport stamping ) could be Abu Dhabi or could be London as well...

Reactions: fmk8890

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
As I understand some of BGC stuff is being handled by the local visa office... ultimately you will be required to submit your passport to visa office close to Riyadh,(for passport stamping ) could be Abu Dhabi or could be London as well...
Please don’t be london please don’t be london please don’t be london...

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
Looks like you don’t know about ADVO delays
London VO is a blackhole. Applications go in & disappear. I know 2 families personally who are waiting for 15 & 18 months since AOR. Its not even SS. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
London VO is a blackhole. Applications go in & disappear. I know 2 families personally who are waiting for 15 & 18 months since AOR. Its not even SS. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Ek dum khaas log honge :p

Like you cannot decide what’s your name is gonna be, who is going to teacher likewise we’ve got no say in selection of the VO :D

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....

Same here, almost exact timeline.