+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

Superman89

Mar 20, 2018
Are you in ip2 and what is ur eligibility status?
Yes I am in review required, for stat question- previous visa refusal- tourist and PR for australia.
However eligiblity is recommended pass as on notes R10 is passed and a11. something is met. so i assume eligibility is passed. how about you

lavanya31

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Yes I am in review required, for stat question- previous visa refusal- tourist and PR for australia.
However eligiblity is recommended pass as on notes R10 is passed and a11. something is met. so i assume eligibility is passed. how about you
I moved to ip2 on oct 24th. Even I did not mention my student visa refusal for USA due to miscommunication with my consultant. After your looking at ur post for ADR. I am worried now.
My eligibility was met and I am not sure whether I am in review required or not

Superman89

Mar 20, 2018
I moved to ip2 on oct 24th. Even I did not mention my student visa refusal for USA due to miscommunication with my consultant. After your looking at ur post for ADR. I am worried now.
Well you moved to Ip2 oct24th? then you should be fine- dw too much about it. What was your AOR? and your local visa office?
however yes you should have mentioned, but i guess you got lucky :) they didnt check or didnt bother much :) So don't question yourself on why you didn't.
I did- maybe that's why I am on long wait.. and still ip1.

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
I would like to agree with you somehow. I work in Due Diligence Compliance and from experience each file that i touch that gets escalated for it's notes, has to go through security checks. So i do agree with what your friend is saying, but question is how much delay? Ask her this question.
Requesting for permanent residence is an investigation into both the Sponsor and the Applicant and each case is individualistic. They give us a time line of a "month" to send us our notes and during this period security looks at our applications before they send out the notes. Many things are taken into consideration when GCSM notes are requested, starting from how long have they been processing the application, where is the applicant residing, how many times have you requested the notes, who is asking for the notes and making sure everything links up. etc.....This entire process to sponsor is an "investigation", so they are going to investigate why we are investigating too. It makes perfect sense.

The very last part of the sponsorship process is the security and criminal check, for those who's applications have gone past the deadline, we can be certain that the file is stuck in the security/criminal stage and for those people who think that by contacting them to get the GCMS notes is going to speed up the process, that is not true, who can honestly think that they have that sort of power to make agents speed up their work, simply because we are asking for notes? The only thing that speeds up the process is when we contact our MP and the file is basically completed. There are policies and procedures that they have to follow in order to give out PR and this must be followed.

Last edited:

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Sharing experience is one thing but forcing everyone to believe what you and your friend think about the process based on no factual evidence is delusional.
I will advise everyone to get their process so called delayed as per Penny instead of getting refused without ordering GCMS & not knowing that you could have fixed something proactively.
I am trying to make sense of your wording, who said anything about being "refused"? I sure never did. Your sentence makes absolutely no sense.What I was explaining is that when we ask for our GCMS notes a different department processes our request. Before these notes are sent out to us, whether through email or mailed, a specific department assess the file to ensure many things, which is the (5) "W"'s who, why, what , where and when are these notes being requested.

Asking for permanent residence is a complete investigation into the sponsor and the applicant. Canada wants to know all about the sponsor, such as, are you bankrupt, do you have a criminal back ground, do you work and pay taxes..... etc. The applicant is investigated even more strongly. The security department will investigate why we are asking for these notes and if you think there is not a delay when we are making such a request, I do believe you are delusional. I pray that our country does not hand over these notes without doing their own investigation on whether they can share this information with the person requesting them.

Have you ever requested GCMS notes and are you aware of all the very private information in those notes? Are you sponsoring someone, or is this just an extra curricular activity for you to chat on this immigration forum. What I am trying to share is the fact that asking for GCMS can create a short delay in the PR process, I NEVER said it will stop it, so please stop twisting my words.

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Sharing experience is one thing but forcing everyone to believe what you and your friend think about the process based on no factual evidence is delusional.
I will advise everyone to get their process so called delayed as per Penny instead of getting refused without ordering GCMS & not knowing that you could have fixed something proactively.
I NEVER said "refused" I said it can delay the process and I clearly explained why. I am not telling people to not ask for their GCMS notes. I requested my notes and I will probably ask for them one more time closer to the 1 year mark, but I know that the more I ask for them the more immigration will ask, why is this person asking for their notes so often. As stated, a different department processes this request, people can choose to believe this or not. I am not forcing anyone. I am just sharing what I have learned.

Aryan7

Mar 2, 2018

Raise CSE and inform IRCC about your previous refusals. However, if you are lucky enough may you will get through. But if checked, your application will stuck for a long time and ultimately may refused.

Good luck!

Tayyabak

Jul 13, 2018
I am trying to make sense of your wording, who said anything about being "refused"? I sure never did. Your sentence makes absolutely no sense.What I was explaining is that when we ask for our GCMS notes a different department processes our request. Before these notes are sent out to us, whether through email or mailed, a specific department assess the file to ensure many things, which is the (5) "W"'s who, why, what , where and when are these notes being requested.

Asking for permanent residence is a complete investigation into the sponsor and the applicant. Canada wants to know all about the sponsor, such as, are you bankrupt, do you have a criminal back ground, do you work and pay taxes..... etc. The applicant is investigated even more strongly. The security department will investigate why we are asking for these notes and if you think there is not a delay when we are making such a request, I do believe you are delusional. I pray that our country does not hand over these notes without doing their own investigation on whether they can share this information with the person requesting them.

Have you ever requested GCMS notes and are you aware of all the very private information in those notes? Are you sponsoring someone, or is this just an extra curricular activity for you to chat on this immigration forum. What I am trying to share is the fact that asking for GCMS can create a short delay in the PR process, I NEVER said it will stop it, so please stop twisting my words.
I ain't gonna waste my time on a lunatic case like you. Peace out!!

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
I ain't gonna waste my time on a lunatic case like you. Peace out!!
Your calling me names and insulting me for no reason. You clearly do not understand the process of sponsorship and what it entails. For those of us that are going through the process of sponsoring our loved ones to join us in Canada, we should and need to understand the process, so please you need to stop posting.

We are here to share our experiences and advice. I believe you are here, simply because you have nothing better to do. Find something more constructive, while those that are here support and nurture our future.

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Hi ,

I am still on IP1. AOR 5th may.

God knows whats happening?
Hello,

At this point you should definitely make a request for your GCMS notes to confirm what stage they are currently on. Ensure as well that you are linked to the GCKey and ECAS. The information in both portals do not always match, but it will definitely be beneficial to see what they are currently working on. It takes about a month to receive your GCMS notes, whether it be through email or mail. When reading through them, which is approximately 48 pages, pay particular attention to the stages and whether it states "passed" or not. That is the key to show you what they are currently working on.

These are the stages:
  1. Sponsorship approval
  2. Information sharing (I believe that is when the file of the applicant gets transferred to their visa office)
  3. Medicals
  4. Criminal check (I believe RCMP handles this)
  5. Security check (I believe RCMP handles this)
  6. Interview (depending on what country the applicant is from)
  7. PPR
  8. Arrival
Also, confirm on CIC's web site how long the processes is for the person that you are sponsoring, from sponsorship approval to PPR. For me, it is a year and once that year has elapsed, without giving a PPR that is when I can contact my MP to do a more investigative search on why there is a delay in the process. You can contact your local MP earlier, but I am not sure if they will investigate before the 1 year time limit has elapsed. No harm in trying though. Hope this information helps you.

Last edited:

dkatkade

Jun 30, 2018
Hello friends,

My AOR is 27th May
Medicals passed & IP1- 6th June
RPRF request, fees payment and IP2- 16th Oct
Currently the application is in the following stage:

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Believe this is the IP2 stage...
Can anyone please tell me why is the Review of additional docs column showing not applicable and not docs under review or we do not need additional docs.

Thanks in advance!

S abhishek

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Hello,

At this point you should definitely make a request for your GCMS notes to confirm what stage they are currently on. Ensure as well that you are linked to the GCKey and ECAS. The information in both portals do not always match, but it will definitely be beneficial to see what they are currently working on. It takes about a month to receive your GCMS notes, whether it be through email or mail. When reading through them, which is approximately 48 pages, pay particular attention to the stages and whether it states "passed" or not. That is the key to show you what they are currently working on.

These are the stages:
  1. Sponsorship approval
  2. Information sharing (I believe that is when the file of the applicant gets transferred to their visa office)
  3. Medicals
  4. Criminal check (I believe RCMP handles this)
  5. Security check (I believe RCMP handles this)
  6. Interview (depending on what country the applicant is from)
  7. PPR
  8. Arrival
Also, confirm on CIC's web site how long the processes is for the person that you are sponsoring, from sponsorship approval to PPR. For me, it is a year and once that year has elapsed, without giving a PPR that is when I can contact my MP to do a more investigative search on why there is a delay in the process. You can contact your local MP earlier, but I am not sure if they will investigate before the 1 year time limit has elapsed. No harm in trying though. Hope this information helps you.
Hi,

Thanks. I have already applied for the notes. should be here in a couple of days.

In my case, it's not about sponsoring, it's for self and the family for the 1st time under FSW-O.

Thanks.