+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

Tgum23

Star Member
May 10, 2017
My application has been transferred to a different city. All the assessments in my application are "passes" except the Residence which is "not started".
does anybody know why they transfer the applications to other offices and what does it indicate?
Yes. They transfer applications to other cities when the current office is overburdened by applications. Which city was it transferred to?

welovehockey

May 11, 2018
Hey guys!

I'm new here and came to say I *finally* got DM. I think my application is sort of an outlier, so I thought I'd share with you:

Office - Mississauga, then Vancouver because I relocated for work

App Sent - May 19, 2017
AOR - May 23, 2017
In Process (ECAS) - July 11, 2017

I moved to Vancouver at the end of July and updated my address

Asked for fingerprints - September, 2017 (don't really know why, I suspect because I disclosed that people know me by a different name as well, in case they needed it for background checks).

Test Invite - April 4,2017 - Test was set for April 19, but I was coincidentally in Ontario visiting my parents, so they postoned the first test.

Test Invite 2 - April 10, 2018
Test - May 10, 2018
Decision Made ECAS - May 11, 2018 (got 20/20, interview went super smooth)

Waiting for Oath invite.

Summer2018

Jun 9, 2018
Dear friends, who applied in May 2017,
who is still waiting for DM/Oath invitation?
Hi
I am looking for some advise.
I got Immigration to Canada as a spousal sponsorship which ended up a spousal breakdown. He used to threat me deporting from Canada and did complaint of misrepresentation to Immigration authorities. The immigration officer made a decision after all of the inquiries that I am good to keep permanent resident status and she dismissed the complaint.
I applied for grant of citizenship in May 2017. My application was received on May 8, 2017 and they started processing it in July 2017. No update until now. I passed the normal processing time limit.
I asked MP office for inquiries assistance on my application and got to know that my immigration status is still in process.
If anybody can help me where to appeal now to get this process done will be appropriated

Tgum23

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi
I got Immigration to Canada as a spousal sponsorship which ended up a spousal breakdown. He used to threat me deporting from Canada and did complaint of misrepresentation to Immigration authorities. The immigration officer made a decision after all of the inquiries that I am good to keep permanent resident status and she dismissed the complaint.
I applied for grant of citizenship in May 2017. My application was received on May 8, 2017 and they started processing it in July 2017. No update until now. I passed the normal processing time limit.
I asked MP office for inquiries assistance on my application and got to know that my immigration status is still in process.
If anybody can help me where to appeal now to get this process done will be appropriated
Hey

When you say your immigration status is in process, are you saying that they are still determining whether your pr status is legit?
If so I believe your best option is a lawyer because it's an issue greater than citizenship.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Hi
Hi
My wife was in the same boat as you exactly. We sent a web form two weeks ago asking them about the application since it has been more than 13 months, today she got the test invitation for July 24. So hopefully yours will come soon.

Thanks everyone for the support during this process.
Tonymiz

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
My wife was in the same boat as you exactly. We sent a web form two weeks ago asking them about the application since it has been more than 13 months, today she got the test invitation for July 24. So hopefully yours will come soon.

Thanks everyone for the support during this process.
Tonymiz
Updated. Congrats!!

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Hi All,

My wife just got her Oath invite letter via email for Aug 17th. She had her test invite on july 24th. (Not that she applied in May 2017 (yes 2017!!) but after we sent the web form in June 2018, things moved pretty fast!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My wife just got her Oath invite letter via email for Aug 17th. She had her test invite on july 24th. (Not that she applied in May 2017 (yes 2017!!) but after we sent the web form in June 2018, things moved pretty fast!
Updated the tracker. Congrats!!

Tgum23

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Guys can anyone share link of the tracker?? Just wanna see how applications nowadays are moving. Heard it's way slower than when we applied