+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

AnkitaD

Oct 6, 2017
Thank God after waiting for almost 4 months after being DM and after filing a complaint to the Minister of Immigration in Ottawa, IRCC-Winnipeg sent an Oath Invitation in the mail and was received today. Actually, I was disappointed of how they process applications. The reason that I filed a complaint is that they prioritize applications submitted at a later date, whereas, the applications submitted earlier were left behind. I felt very unjust. Some of the applicants who submitted at a later date than mine already took the oath last Nov/Dec 2017 (last year). I felt something fishy about it and according to them they always process applications at a first come first serve basis but it wasn't followed in my case. I got good results from my complaint though. This journey is well over. Oath taking ceremony will be next month (February 2018).

My timeline: :)

Application submitted - May 1, 2017

Acknowledgement letter received by email - May 25, 2017

Application processed - June 5, 2017

Invitation for citizenship test received - September 2, 2017

Citizenship test (passed 20/20) - September 25, 2017

Decision Made - October 3, 2017

Requested for ATIP/Electronic Citizenship notes - November 22, 2017

ATIP/Electronic Citizenship notes received - December 20, 2017
(By Email) - Status passed and cleared (Knowledge,
Language, Criminality, Prohibition and Security)
(Citizenship granted but no Oath schedule yet)

Sent complaint letter to IRCC - Winnipeg - January 3, 2018

Sent complaint letter by mail - January 11, 2018
to Minister of Immigration in Ottawa

Filed complaint to IRCC Headquarters - January 19, 2018
(Sydney, Nova Scotia) via Webform

Application back to IN PROCESS - January 23, 2018

Application from IN PROCESS and back to DM - January 24, 2018

Oath letter sent via postal mail - January 24, 2018

Oath invitation received - January 26, 2018

Oath taking for Canadian citizenship ceremony - February 20, 2018

What a journey it has been !!!!!!! :)

Hi,

Congrats for your success
My application received in NS on Oct 13, from Mid Nov, my application showing "Application Received " Can you please advise how to complain ? quoting your line below
Filed complaint to IRCC Headquarters - (Sydney, Nova Scotia) via Webform ?

I called several times, they are saying my application is still at Nova Scotia

Note- Some people applying in Nov has already got OATH letter

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
Hi,

My application received in NS on Oct 13, from Mid Nov, my application showing "Application Received " Can you please advise how to complain ? quoting your line below

In my opinion, they won't react to the complaint at this stage, because your application is far from 12 months "deadline". Based on the posts from other people with similar situations(delays at the initial stages, e.g. AOR, "In process") IRCC call center usually replies that the application processing time is 12 months and there is no need to worry about it until it reaches this deadline.

As for your note, according to the spreadsheet there are no November applicants who even got "Decision Made" and only 2 applicants who had a test already(one case - urgent processing).

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Do you know anyone who have applied in NOV and got OATH. According to the forum spreadsheet - none of the NOV applicant have got DM yet.

So your message needs clarification...
Hi,

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Awesomeeee Glad to see may applicants clearing up Congratulations guys
Unfortunately my wife is still waiting for her test invite, she applied in May!!! We ordered ATIP and it was saying: test pending clearance tagged.
I am not sure what are they waiting for??!!
Is there anyone in the same situation ?

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my Oath letter via Mail today. Checked this morning for Decision made status on feb 22 and Oath date on March 19th.
Requested police clearance on the day of written test on Nov 29th. Send the Documents within 2 days. please update my status.

Tgum23

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Unfortunately my wife is still waiting for her test invite, she applied in May!!! We ordered ATIP and it was saying: test pending clearance tagged.
Hi Tony If I may ask which city is her local office ? I suggest that you follow the timelines and connect with someone who is from the same city.. Be patient! Sucks but you are almost there. It will be done in a years ttime

mqadri

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
Hi Tony If I may ask which city is her local office ? I suggest that you follow the timelines and connect with someone who is from the same city.. Be patient! Sucks but you are almost there. It will be done in a years ttime
yes we applied in Apr, now I got test invite for March

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Hi Tgum23,

We are in Milton and her office is Mississauga. I know people who applied in November and on the new law and got the oath invite. We ordered ATIP and the status was still in process. It mentiond that test invite pending clearance. When I check security clearance it still shows "not started"!!!

Tgum23

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi tonymiz,

Yeah Sorry to hear that! Honestly this process is pretty arbitrary at times No real queue system followed. unfortunately you can't do anything about it until the 1 year is up as that's the official timeline although we know it's taking on average around 8 months in the GTA region.
What you can do is prepare for the worst by keeping your letter and everything ready to write to your local MP the minute 1 year ends..and just be patient and hope you never have to use this letter :)

Marvin101

Oct 3, 2017
I ordered atip recently and had the same statement under paper file location. The Contact Centre Agent told me that it means all clearances are done and you should receive a test invite. Hope this helps!

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Hi tonymiz,

Yeah Sorry to hear that! Honestly this process is pretty arbitrary at times No real queue system followed. unfortunately you can't do anything about it until the 1 year is up as that's the official timeline although we know it's taking on average around 8 months in the GTA region.
What you can do is prepare for the worst by keeping your letter and everything ready to write to your local MP the minute 1 year ends..and just be patient and hope you never have to use this letter :)
Thank you Tgum23 :)

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
I ordered atip recently and had the same statement under paper file location. The Contact Centre Agent told me that it means all clearances are done and you should receive a test invite. Hope this helps!
That is weird! It has been in this status since end of January but she has not received the invite yet. Pleasue update us if you do! Good luck :)

melody.sha

Jul 10, 2017
My application has been transferred to a different city. All the assessments in my application are "passes" except the Residence which is "not started".
does anybody know why they transfer the applications to other offices and what does it indicate?