Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
At last , my status has changed from IP to DM today. Now awaiting the precious email invite for oath

ibeaver

Jan 24, 2018
In a week from now it will be 5 months for us waiting for a DM, not sure if this normal. o_O

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 15, 2017.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 21, 2017.
3. We started processing your application on June 29, 2017.
4. We sent you a notice on July 24, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 31, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

P.S. Please update the spreadsheet. Calgary, AB.

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
In a week from now it will be 5 months for us waiting for a DM, not sure if this normal. o_O

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 15, 2017.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 21, 2017.
4. We sent you a notice on July 24, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 31, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

I would say order a ATIP report to learn where it is stalled(i ordered it twice). And also send a courtesy mail canada post to the IRCC Calgary office to enquire update of your file.

ibeaver

Jan 24, 2018
I would say order a ATIP report to learn where it is stalled(i ordered it twice). And also send a courtesy mail canada post to the IRCC Calgary office to enquire update of your file.
I've already contacted IRCC main office via their web form and a phone, they are saying that my application is under review at the local Calgary IRCC office and until it's still within 12 month period - this is normal.

Where can request ATIP report? I found this link to apply online, is it good?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

I'll send them courtesy mail, this is a good idea - thank you. I'm just not sure how long this process is gonna take, our PR cards are also about to expire and I should probably apply for a renewal anyway...

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014

I have added you to the spreadsheet.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
I've already contacted IRCC main office via their web form and a phone, they are saying that my application is under review at the local Calgary IRCC office and until it's still within 12 month period - this is normal.

Where can request ATIP report? I found this link to apply online, is it good?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

I'll send them courtesy mail, this is a good idea - thank you. I'm just not sure how long this process is gonna take, our PR cards are also about to expire and I should probably apply for a renewal anyway...
Sounds exactly like the standard information I got when I talked to them about the Calgary office. The way they process things seems a bit wonky sometimes.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt because I'm not a lawyer -- for applying for new PR cards it is not necessary whatsoever due to your application being in process, it would be a waste of time and money unless you're traveling before you get citizenship, which I'd suggest to be wary of merely for the chance of missing mail for an important appointment (unless you have someone that would check for you to help you get back in time). I'm unsure about foreign passport expiring though. I can tell you I've seen many many many posts of people on this very forum applying for citizenship with already-"expired" PR cards, and there was no issues, particularly because they didn't travel outside Canada at that point and you don't lose PR status just because you pass the card's expiry date. In the US and Canada there is a rather broad concept of "implied status" to where if your status expires while applying for another relevant status you are not considered as having to leave the country. In Canada, the CIC (or IRCC or whatever its called now) website explicitly states that if your PR card expires it does not mean you no longer have PR status and sets out the few conditions of which losing PR status would occur (none of which are your situation from the data given in this post, until you become citizen which you'd obviously lose your PR status ;)).

I wish you the best of luck and hope your process finishes soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibeaver

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
hi Guys please update my tracker. I just got oath invite for a ceremony event in February 15th in Toronto. although I did my test in Scarborough.
DM on Jan 24th
Oath invite on Jan 26th
Oath: feb.15th

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe