+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

M18

Dec 29, 2017
Hello Everyone:

I am soon to apply for citizenship, and have 2 questions that are for now holding me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Question 1 (question 11 in application form)
"Enter details of your employment and education history during the eligibility period below. Be sure to provide information for entire eligibility period."​

I need help with the red text highlighted below:
Under this question there are spots such as (Dates-From/ To, name of employer, occupation/field, where were were you physically present (My residence address at the time or my employer's address), city, country, name of contact (My landlord contact or employer contact), phone number (landlord or employer?), email adrress)
  • Question 2 (question 9b in application form)
What date should I enter under "Date your status expired" for my worker status
  1. The expiry date on my work permit document, or
  2. The date I stopped being a temporary worker and became Permanent Resident
Thanks a lot in advance!!

Last edited:

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hello Everyone:

I am soon to apply for citizenship, and have 2 questions that are for now holding me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Question 1 (question 11 in application form)
"Enter details of your employment and education history during the eligibility period below. Be sure to provide information for entire eligibility period."​

I need help with the red text highlighted below:
Under this question there are spots such as (Dates-From/ To, name of employer, occupation/field, where were were you physically present (My residence address at the time or my employer's address), city, country, name of contact (My landlord contact or employer contact), phone number (landlord or employer?), email adrress)
  • Question 2 (question 9b in application form)
What date should I enter under expiry date of my work permit
  1. The expiry date on my work permit document, or
  2. The date I stopped being a temporary worker and became Permanent Resident
Thanks a lot in advance!!
You should post these questions in the newer threads (October onwards) since they are the ones filling the new application form. I can help you with Question 11 though, you need to provide your employer's (or school's) address and contact everywhere. If you don't have the direct manager's contact, you can provide a contact from Human Resources (For a school- someone in admissions office).

I hope that helps.. I am not sure about 9b but if I were you I would enter the work permit document expiry date, not when you became PR. The question is not 'When did you become PR' for that after all.

Good Luck :)

M18

Dec 29, 2017
You should post these questions in the newer threads (October onwards) since they are the ones filling the new application form. I can help you with Question 11 though, you need to provide your employer's (or school's) address and contact everywhere. If you don't have the direct manager's contact, you can provide a contact from Human Resources (For a school- someone in admissions office).

I hope that helps.. I am not sure about 9b but if I were you I would enter the work permit document expiry date, not when you became PR. The question is not 'When did you become PR' for that after all.

Good Luck :)
Thanks a lot! this is helpful indeed. Will post in later threads as well! Thanks again! and Good luck to you! Cheers!

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Finally got oath invite!

Can update spreadsheet.. journey is almost over!

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Finally got oath invite!

Can update spreadsheet.. journey is almost over!
Bumping this for spreadsheet update. No idea who edits this anymore.

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
Yes the whole process will be close to eleven months. Thanks for the update!
Yes, I am a march applicant too.. who took the test on Dec 7th and just saw the oath invite update online for Jan 19th. I guess march thread is almost dead because most of the march applicants are done with their citizenship and we are the final few. :)

I was on this thread checking to see how april and may applicants are doing.

All the best friends

Thanks,
Satya.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Congrats! What's your office for oath?
Thank you. Looks like Harry Hays again in Calgary (where I did exam and interview).

I imagine this will also be the place I go in for a passport (for the quicker normal processing). Anyone know the earliest after oath/ceremony we can apply for passport? Have a trip in March and wanted to use my fresh new Canuckistanian passport. ;)

Yes, I am a march applicant too.. who took the test on Dec 7th and just saw the oath invite update online for Jan 19th. I guess march thread is almost dead because most of the march applicants are done with their citizenship and we are the final few. :)

I was on this thread checking to see how april and may applicants are doing.

All the best friends

Thanks,
Satya.
Congrats, its about time. :)

Also thanks to whoever edited the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Thank you. Looks like Harry Hays again in Calgary (where I did exam and interview).

I imagine this will also be the place I go in for a passport (for the quicker normal processing). Anyone know the earliest after oath/ceremony we can apply for passport? Have a trip in March and wanted to use my fresh new Canuckistanian passport. ;)

Congrats, its about time. :)

Also thanks to whoever edited the spreadsheet.
Congrats! You just have to wait for 2 days after your oath for your name to be in the system and then you are free to apply for your passport! March is quite far so you have sufficient time to apply normally rather than express or urgent :)