AOR 27 June
In process 5 July
Test letter July 21
Test date August 9
Oath awaited

Reactions: nonoo and aakash28

Peace65

Nov 23, 2016
Mt Aor was on June 29. So far " in process " line never appears . File is still in Sydney when o called . Getting little worried.

Warka

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Mt Aor was on June 29. So far " in process " line never appears . File is still in Sydney when o called . Getting little worried.
Mine too still in sydney as of today lol My AOR was on July 7 . What makes some fies get transfered faster than others.
The person handling my file is Obviously slow i can tell that from how long it took her to get me an Aor

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
I have couple of question about the process.
Once the application is in process state, So the next step will be test.
The test location will be in same city from where I have applied, is it?
Once the test is done and if I passed it what will happen next? Oath ? why cant they do the test and Oath on same day for candidates who passed the test.
After all the oath, will they give us passport directly? or they will give us some kind of intermediate certificate. Can anybody tell me that we will get passport at the end of the process or we will be eligible for passport at the end of process and then after we have to visit passport office and spend another 200$. :)

Sorry for silly questions but I don't have enough clarification about the process right now.

Thanks all.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Once the test is done and if I passed it what will happen next? Oath ? why cant they do the test and Oath on same day for candidates who passed the test.
After all the oath, will they give us passport directly? or they will give us some kind of intermediate certificate. Can anybody tell me that we will get passport at the end of the process or we will be eligible for passport at the end of process and then after we have to visit passport office and spend another 200$. :)

Sorry for silly questions but I don't have enough clarification about the process right now.

Thanks all.
There are fixed IRCC locations for the test as far as I know and the one nearest to you would be yours. The test and oath doesn't happen the same day coz it's a proper ceremony where many others take the oath with you. A judge can't be sitting the whole day doing it for everyone individually multiple times in a day. I read about it here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp

We would be given a citizenship certificate (which is not a passport and cannot be used to travel outside Canada) in the end and after 2 days of that ceremony we are eligible to apply for a passport- which does mean more money.

Reactions: nash_avatar

sajc

Star Member
May 9, 2017

Thanks all.
"The test location will be in same city from where I have applied, is it?" : will be at your local office or nearest local office if you live in rural area
"Once the test is done and if I passed it what will happen next? Oath ? why cant they do the test and Oath on same day for candidates who passed the test." : Some times they do but usually tests are low profile and oaths you need a magistrate to give your oath and sometimes they can be waiting for some more details for your application.
"After all the oath, will they give us passport directly?" : No you will get a citizenship certificate. You need to take it to passport office and apply for passport. You should get your passport in a week or so.
"pend another 200$. :)", I guess you are taking about OCI, then yeh, you need to wait till you get your passport and then you have to get your surrender certificate from indian embassy for giving up indian citizenship and then with these you can apply for OCI.

Hope I answered your questions :)

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
"The test location will be in same city from where I have applied, is it?" : will be at your local office or nearest local office if you live in rural area
"Once the test is done and if I passed it what will happen next? Oath ? why cant they do the test and Oath on same day for candidates who passed the test." : Some times they do but usually tests are low profile and oaths you need a magistrate to give your oath and sometimes they can be waiting for some more details for your application.
"After all the oath, will they give us passport directly?" : No you will get a citizenship certificate. You need to take it to passport office and apply for passport. You should get your passport in a week or so.
"pend another 200$. :)", I guess you are taking about OCI, then yeh, you need to wait till you get your passport and then you have to get your surrender certificate from indian embassy for giving up indian citizenship and then with these you can apply for OCI.

Hope I answered your questions :)
Well answered- although I do know people for whom it took more than a few months to get their passport. So I guess that must vary.

sajc

Star Member
May 9, 2017
My wife just spoke with cic regarding her application status as she wanted to go to India next month for vacation. looks like she cant as details about her citizenship test were just dispatched. test on 31st August.

koor

Jul 5, 2012
Hi I got my test date for 9 August.

My time line is:

Application sent 16 May
Location Edmonton, AB
AOR 27 June
In process 5 July
Test letter July 21
Test date August 9
Oath awaited
Congrats! Could please provide some details - e.g. did you get the test letter by postal mail or email or both? Did your ecas change or not yet? Thanks!