+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
I'm so embarrassed to ask but does CIC consider speeding ticket record as well?

....I got it twice.. one very small bill and the other one was 800 dollar....I know it is huge..... in my excuse, I was going through a country road where I didn't see a single house for couple kilometers.... and all the sudden cop showed up and gave me the harshest sentence... I should have gone to the court to argue but I was just too scared and so I paid and moved on..

Even though the ticket was big, both tickets were just 'simple tickets'. Meaning my car wasn't impound or I was fingerprinted, etc. My demerit point went up to 11, which is technically not close enough to do anything about it ( I think if you have more than 15 you have to show up to court and explain yourself?)

Nothing shows up in my regular criminal check and finger printing criminal check, but I'm still loosing my sleep because of this...

Do you think my case can be revoked because of this? Other than this my case is pretty clean and good I think...

Please don't judge me by the way :( This was a biggest mistake of my life and I was just too embarrassed to ask anyone....
No, not at all, so don't worry. It's unrelated, actually you don't get a criminal record for traffic tickets. Only a conviction or a pending charge will. A DUI conviction, for example will get you a record and will bar you from getting your citizenship.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Thanks , i will do that but question is do we have sign online calculator as well ,,,, i do not see any signature requirement.....
When you print it out there is a signature and date place .. how come you dont see... you also need to register to sign in and print that calculator

Spelling19

May 15, 2017
Thanks , i will do that but question is do we have sign online calculator as well ,,,, i do not see any signature requirement.....
Yes you need to sign and date it and use black ink. Make sure that the date on the citizenship application form and the online calculator are the same or else risk of application return to your mailing address. :);)

Spelling19

May 15, 2017
Got AOR today - May 31st :) Yay !
I am assuming it will take a few days before I can see it online on ECas?
Check your ECAS tomorrow (Thursday) or on Friday using your UCI on your AOR. I did check mine after one day of receiving my AOR and my file is already accessible online. Thanks :)

Reactions: Horizon13

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Got AOR today - May 31st :) Yay !
I am assuming it will take a few days before I can see it online on ECas?
Congrats :) , good to see some movement from CIC though not even a single AOR from Toronto. The staff here are working like a sluggish sloth.

Reactions: KT_2017

Tah

May 31, 2017
Hi everyone,
I have a question, actually I successfully passed citizenship test on first week of may 2017, and they said that I should wait from 1 to 3 months to get a letter for the oath, but now I checked online my statues still it's in process but they add one update that they sent me a letter to provide some documents , any idea ? What documents they need , because after the test they didn't ask me anything I had all my original documents but they didn't take it , please give me an idea I m worried. Thanks

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hi everyone,
I have a question, actually I successfully passed citizenship test on first week of may 2017, and they said that I should wait from 1 to 3 months to get a letter for the oath, but now I checked online my statues still it's in process but they add one update that they sent me a letter to provide some documents , any idea ? What documents they need , because after the test they didn't ask me anything I had all my original documents but they didn't take it , please give me an idea I m worried. Thanks
No one can tell, wait for the letter..and be positive

Reactions: Tah

hellothere770

May 29, 2017
No, not at all, so don't worry. It's unrelated, actually you don't get a criminal record for traffic tickets. Only a conviction or a pending charge will. A DUI conviction, for example will get you a record and will bar you from getting your citizenship.
Thank you for your response. I appreciated it.

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Check your ECAS tomorrow (Thursday) or on Friday using your UCI on your AOR. I did check mine after one day of receiving my AOR and my file is already accessible online. Thanks :)
Yes, I am able to view my file online now on ECAS..... :) Thanks