+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2017 Applicant - Should we wait for Bill C-6

kingadil

Mar 7, 2012
I was supposed to apply on July 20, 2015 but the new law came on effect on June of 2015 so i was unlucky and i have to wait.

I applied under the new law in Jan 2017 and my file came back with incomplete when calling the call center they explained that it might be because you ticked on the wrong box in Language Evidence and they told me which box i should tick as me having the Canadian Benchmark assessment result. I did that and sent the application back on March 2017 but it was returned again. I called them and they explained that it should not have come back just send it again.

This time i decided to call one of the assessment centers and explained to them the issue and she easily explained to me that Canadian Benchmark assessment test are only accepted if you have completed a class with them, the other option is to take Ielts test or CLPIP.

If i would have known from the beginning i would have saved time and did the test :(

So now i did the test and i have the results with me, the question is

Should i wait for the new Law to be implemented or just apply now?

kingadil

Mar 7, 2012
I am waiting to get some advises on this of either to wait for the new Law to be implemented or just go ahead with the application now???

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I guess people just don't see the connection between your issue with regard to language requirement and your plan to wait - why would it make a difference ? And how does C-6 have anything to do with it?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
There is indeed no connection of your issue to C6. So I don't see the point in your question, either.

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
This is an interesting topic, please let me know if we have to tick that box. I went to school during the period and I don't need an English test. Do I still tick the box.

kingadil

Mar 7, 2012
What i mean by the question is now as the law has passed does it make any different to apply under the current law or wait for the new law to be implemented as for me the only difference i know about would be the Q.10 INTENTION

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to university in Canada and got a degree within the time frame. So in that section do I need to tick anything.
If you went Uni in Canada then you will submit your degree or transcript. So you will check that degree or transcript box. This means that you won't check LINC box. You have to choose one option only.

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
If you went Uni in Canada then you will submit your degree or transcript. So you will check that degree or transcript box. This means that you won't check LINC box. You have to choose one option only.
OK so I understand properly, theres the first section on the final page of the application, where it says to give the government permission to access your LINc scores, should this be a yes or no?!
People don't know how to design forms

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What i mean by the question is now as the law has passed does it make any different to apply under the current law or wait for the new law to be implemented as for me the only difference i know about would be the Q.10 INTENTION
Even if you apply now under current law with the intent to reside clause this clause will become obsolete....as if it never existed :)

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK so I understand properly, theres the first section on the final page of the application, where it says to give the government permission to access your LINc scores, should this be a yes or no?!
People don't know how to design forms
You don't do anything there. As it is mentioned in the application if you checked the LINC box before then fill out this section. Otherwise just ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeazyF

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
The law had not passed, yet. It's been returned to the Commons. It may be some time still before it receives Royal Assent and comes into force.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Once bill C-6 passes, the "intend to reside" clause is deemed to never have applied to anyone, even those who signed it on their application under the C-24 rules. So it really makes no difference if you apply now or later: Once C-6 passed, the intend to reside clause is null and void EVEN if you applied before C-6 passed.

Osorkon

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2012
LANDED..........
07-01-2013
Hi Kingadil,

Do not what Bill C-6 to apply, just apply now before bill c-6 implement because it will be huge backlog and more waiting time to process the new files under bill C-6. My file returned before because of the same reason I took CELPIP exam which is way easier, cheaper and more reliable than IELTS. I send my file back with CELPIP and now my file in process.