Mexico (Chile)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 4th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 30th 2016: Police Cert from Canada
Nomination.....
SA June 23rd 2016. CSQ: app. received June 30th 2016, CSQ received August 22nd 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 none, AOR2: August 17th 2016
File Transfer...
On Ecas: July 15th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: Feb 19 th 2016
taniam00 said:
update on our file. background check has started!

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

how long does background check normally take?
Hi Taniam, thats good news!

It really depends on each individual situation...in our case it has been in progress for a month, but they requested us a document that seems to be stuck somewhere in the mail and has been taking time to arrive to the embassy...

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
V_ said:
Hi Taniam, thats good news!

It really depends on each individual situation...in our case it has been in progress for a month, but they requested us a document that seems to be stuck somewhere in the mail and has been taking time to arrive to the embassy...
thanks so much! does anyone know what are the things they check for during the background check? is travel history also checked here? my husband has been in the middle east for over 10 years now so only travels between the middle east and india. hasn't gone any where else. hoping the background check won't be more complicated with all the travelling.

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13 2016 (app received date)
Interview........
Skipped, Not required :)
Passport Req..
Dec 2016 for TRV and Feb 2017 for PR, all APPROVED
VISA ISSUED...
Trv approval mid December 2016,,,Decision made Feb 1 2017 for PR and Passport request Feb 6 2017 for PR
LANDED..........
(Visitor and PR both approved, Happy :) :) :) ) We couple already in Canada!
taniam00 said:
thanks so much! does anyone know what are the things they check for during the background check? is travel history also checked here? my husband has been in the middle east for over 10 years now so only travels between the middle east and india. hasn't gone any where else. hoping the background check won't be more complicated with all the travelling.
Is your vo uae or india

Ppr is next

Feb 17, 2016
Banff
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
IELTS Request
07-07-2016
Med's Request
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-07-2016
Passport Req..
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
hpjack said:
My background check has been in progress for over a week now.
I heard someone got DM in as soon as a week and some other people got stuck in background check for 2+ months.
I guess it really depends on individual situation and visa office.
2 Months!! God I hope that doesn't happen to me!!

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
taniam00 said:
My husband travels for work in the ME and India as well, and he just got the request to get the Police Clearance Certificates for India, Iraq and Qatar. And none of the embassies are willing to help us out with. I have no idea how we are supposed to get them if they won't help us.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
KATHMANDUNEPAL said:
Is your vo uae or india

Ppr is next
VO is abu dhabi

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
AladdinsGirl said:
My husband travels for work in the ME and India as well, and he just got the request to get the Police Clearance Certificates for India, Iraq and Qatar. And none of the embassies are willing to help us out with. I have no idea how we are supposed to get them if they won't help us.
oh weird! we sent out police clearance with the application. needed to send ours from india, UAE and qatar. while we were in india we got the indian pcc from there, which was a task! had to go to the police station every day for 2 weeks because they kept telling us to come tomorrow. Then we made a trip/honeymoon to UAE to get his PCC which was easy. took 2 days. For qatar we actually had my uncle apply for one while we were in dubai. we sent him all the information and he applied for my husband. Got that also in around a weeks time.

where is your husband mostly? what are the embassies saying?

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
taniam00 said:
oh weird! we sent out police clearance with the application. needed to send ours from india, UAE and qatar. while we were in india we got the indian pcc from there, which was a task! had to go to the police station every day for 2 weeks because they kept telling us to come tomorrow. Then we made a trip/honeymoon to UAE to get his PCC which was easy. took 2 days. For qatar we actually had my uncle apply for one while we were in dubai. we sent him all the information and he applied for my husband. Got that also in around a weeks time.

where is your husband mostly? what are the embassies saying?
My husband hasn't worked in a year and a half (he's in the oil industry so work has been quite scarce) :O And of course on Oct 3rd he got called to start work in India on October 5th, thankfully we told them he needs more time before he leaves, as I will be going back to Canada on the 17th, so he doesn't have to leave until the 9th now!! BUT the new company is not impressed with him.

Then later on October 3rd at 4pm he got the request for the 3 PCC's from the Cairo embassy. So he went on the 4th and NO ONE was able to help him.
India said they only do it for Indian citizens
Iraq said if he sends it no one will open the request, he needs to have someone in Iraq to do it for him to make sure it got done
Qatar said he needed a POA in Qatar to do it.

When he worked there he worked one month on, one month off, so he was never there for more than 2 consecutive months at a time. And he only had work/business visa's. He was always working in remote areas, on oil rigs, in the middle of nowhere, lol. So even if he was able to get PCC's at the time he was working he had no way of going into a town to request the information at an embassy. He definitely would NOT be able to leave the oil rig in Iraq (for obvious reasons).

We all live in Cairo, and there is no way he will be able to go to Qatar or Iraq to get the PCC's, yes he is going to India but for work and he will be on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean!!! He doesn't know anyone in any of the countries he's worked at. I have no idea what we are going to do. He will be gone for roughly 2 months this hitch (because he needs some training for being offshore).

So that is my story, sorry if it was too much information but I feel lost and when I saw your comment, I was like OMG someone might actually understand me, lol.

What does your husband do? Where is he located?? You are in the home stretch now!!! Congrats!!

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
AladdinsGirl said:
My husband hasn't worked in a year and a half (he's in the oil industry so work has been quite scarce) :O And of course on Oct 3rd he got called to start work in India on October 5th, thankfully we told them he needs more time before he leaves, as I will be going back to Canada on the 17th, so he doesn't have to leave until the 9th now!! BUT the new company is not impressed with him.

Then later on October 3rd at 4pm he got the request for the 3 PCC's from the Cairo embassy. So he went on the 4th and NO ONE was able to help him.
India said they only do it for Indian citizens
Iraq said if he sends it no one will open the request, he needs to have someone in Iraq to do it for him to make sure it got done
Qatar said he needed a POA in Qatar to do it.

When he worked there he worked one month on, one month off, so he was never there for more than 2 consecutive months at a time. And he only had work/business visa's. He was always working in remote areas, on oil rigs, in the middle of nowhere, lol. So even if he was able to get PCC's at the time he was working he had no way of going into a town to request the information at an embassy. He definitely would NOT be able to leave the oil rig in Iraq (for obvious reasons).

We all live in Cairo, and there is no way he will be able to go to Qatar or Iraq to get the PCC's, yes he is going to India but for work and he will be on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean!!! He doesn't know anyone in any of the countries he's worked at. I have no idea what we are going to do. He will be gone for roughly 2 months this hitch (because he needs some training for being offshore).

So that is my story, sorry if it was too much information but I feel lost and when I saw your comment, I was like OMG someone might actually understand me, lol.

What does your husband do? Where is he located?? You are in the home stretch now!!! Congrats!!
sent you a personal message! :)

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
does anyone know is the background check handled by the VO or CIC?

tariq11

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26 Oct-15
Med's Done....
04 Nov-15
Hello

I am not sure if some came across this kind of situation. I have applied for my wife and child who resides in India and I m PR working full time. After a month completion I have received a letter from CIC o refund $415.00 NO reason mentioned

I will appreciate if people can share some view, originally i paid $1115.00 and refund of $415 doesn't make sense to me .

Please help

Thank you!!

hpjack

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Anyone know if I can use the same photos that I took about 6 months ago when we were sending the application and use it for the passport request ?
thanks

Jli

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 15-11-2016
LANDED..........
25-11-2016
hpjack said:
Anyone know if I can use the same photos that I took about 6 months ago when we were sending the application and use it for the passport request ?
thanks
Pictures are good for 6 months only if I'm not mistaken.
Also, the picture ratio asked for this step is different from the one from the PR forms.

Ram06

Jun 17, 2016
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for TRV this November, my wife is not working and she doesnt have any travel history. what are the chances of acceptance and is it a good time to apply, really appreciate some of your feedback plzz help :-[

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
We passed out interview on Sept 26,
still waiting for background checks to be completed.
They don't say how long they expect the final step to take.

Waiting ...