Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
momo2016 said:
I'm not sure what they will think of such a short courtship then. But I do know most of your family being involved is good and same background helps. I feel like I did the right thing by staying with her for a while after our wedding and visited her again. Hope it will help my case :p
I met my wife online through a mutual friend in Feb 15. Visited for two weeks June 15 returned Dec 15 and married her and visited again Mar 16.

I am a white, born and raised Canadian who's family never followed any religion. Before meeting my wife I had quite literally never attended any religious event in my life. She is Indonesian and although she doesn't practice, she was raised in a deeply Islamic family. I converted to Islam to marry her.

Now when you read that, it probably stands out like holy sh*t that's a huge red flag, but it is all in how you address it in the application.

I actually managed to take what is seemingly a gigantic red flag and work it into our favour.

I knew what the concerns of the officer would be, and I attacked them head on.

I explained that religion is not of importance to either of us and that Indonesia does not allow interfaith marriage. I went on to say that while we considered eloping and marrying abroad, that we decided that her family approving and attending our wedding was of more importance than avoiding conversion. This shows that what her family thinks is important influenced our decision making. Furthermore, when I went to Indonesia to marry my wife, I was told by the religious affairs office that they would not accept my conversion into Islam and allow the marriage unless I also got snipped (if you know what I mean). This would be a clear deal breaker and most people I would think would have at that point revised their plan and simply married abroad. I however, had her father drive me to the clinic in the neighbouring village and I had it done. We explained that my wife did not want me to have to do that but that I again agreed because of the importance of her family's approval and attendance. This shows an unprecedented level of commitment and genuineness and level of sacrifice that not very many people no matter how genuinely in love would have gone through with. What would have seemed to have been a red flag was turned into some very strong relationship proof.

I did the same thing with several other "flags" and presented them in a way that worked to our advantage.

If you acknowledged and explained what you felt they might see an issue with, and did it well, you have nothing to worry about.

Bellatopazio2016

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Guadalajara
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-9-2016
Doc's Request.
1 Additional doc. requested before SA July-11 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: May-27-2016 SA: July-27-2016 AOR2: September-07-2016 PRG Request: November 02, 2016
File Transfer...
July-27-2016 - ECAS Showing "In Process"
Med's Request
"Upfront"
Med's Done....
February-08-2016
ImABule said:
I met my wife online through a mutual friend in Feb 15. Visited for two weeks June 15 returned Dec 15 and married her and visited again Mar 16.

I am a white, born and raised Canadian who's family never followed any religion. Before meeting my wife I had quite literally never attended any religious event in my life. She is Indonesian and although she doesn't practice, she was raised in a deeply Islamic family. I converted to Islam to marry her.

Now when you read that, it probably stands out like holy sh*t that's a huge red flag, but it is all in how you address it in the application.

I actually managed to take what is seemingly a gigantic red flag and work it into our favour.

I explained that religion is not of importance to either of us and that Indonesia does not allow interfaith marriage. I went on to say that while we considered eloping and marrying abroad, that we decided that her family approving and attending our wedding was of more importance than avoiding conversion. This shows that what her family thinks is important influenced our decision making. Furthermore, when I went to Indonesia to marry my wife, I was told by the religious affairs office that they would not accept my conversion into Islam and allow the marriage unless I also got snipped (if you know what I mean). This would be a clear deal breaker and most people I would think would have at that point revised their plan and simply married abroad. I however, had her father drive me to the clinic in the neighbouring village and I had it done. We explained that my wife did not want me to have to do that but that I again agreed because of the importance of her family's approval and attendance. This shows an unprecedented level of commitment and genuineness and level of sacrifice that not very many people no matter how genuinely in love would have gone through with. What would have seemed to have been a red flag was turned into some very strong relationship proof.

I did the same thing with several other "flags" and presented them in a way that worked to our advantage.

If you acknowledged and explained what you felt they might see an issue with, and did it well, you have nothing to worry about.
Well said!

hopefulcanuck

Jun 8, 2016
taniam00 said:
hello lovely people!!

So day 105 for us! Did not receive AOR2 from abu dhabi visa office! I haven't been on this forum for quite some time so was catching up on all the posts. Congrats to those who have been hearing about their application. I kinda feel in the dark about our application as I have attempted to link the application to cic many many times but still fail to do so! kinda annoying! trying every possibility!

question for those who have received COPR. I heard there is a certain time limit on when you have to enter the country. How long is that limit. I heard its normally the last date of your medical expiry. My husbands application (PA) was received may 2nd 2016, and his medical was done June 21st. Lets say if we receive COPR in may would he be expected to get here before june 21st of next year? Currently my husband is working in Qatar and has many work responsibilities. He would not be able to quit his job, sell our apartment, sell our car and get ready to immigrate to canada before june 21st. I heard he should give his notice at work 3 months before so they can find someone else to replace him. What would happen in this situation? How can cic expect someone who is immigrating to a new country to pretty much drop everything and move. any ideas?
Yeah I've heard about the time limit to enter the country once COPR is received. The way it works is that once your application is approved, they send you a passport request. They will then issue an immigrant visa to enter Canada and stick it on the passport. This visa has an expiry date - hence the time limit to enter Canada. Usually the time limit is 3 months or within a year of having medicals done whichever is sooner I guess. I had a friend who's immigrant visa only gave him 4 weeks to enter the country because of the medical expiry date. He tried contacting CIC about the short time frame but they said there was nothing they could do about it. Its better to be prepared I guess.

hopefulcanuck

Jun 8, 2016
taniam00 said:
Also another question for those who have applied for visit visa while pr application is going on. Does anyone know if we apply for visit visa while pr app is going on, is there a chance for rejection because a pr app is in process? Would getting a visit visa affect the pr app decision or even timeline? Wondering because my sister is getting married next year and I would love if my husband could attend.

When searching the application time it asks where I am applying from. My husband is an Indian passport holder but working in Qatar. So do I enter India or Qatar?
I've heard that there is a chance of rejection since the PR is in process but from what a lawyer told me, that shouldn't affect the PR application's timeline or decision. However if it is for an event like your sister's wedding, there is a chance they might issue the visa.

When searching for the application time you should enter Qatar since thats where you applied from.

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
Hi all, anyone have any updates for May applicants? I feel like we had a ton of DMs there for a bit and it's been quiet for a couple of weeks now.

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
My application was filed on May 30th and I received confirmation from Ottawa today that I'm almost there. Have sent off a photocopy of my passport to London and will be receiving my COPR within 4 weeks!!! :-D :D :D

Bellatopazio2016

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Guadalajara
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-9-2016
Doc's Request.
1 Additional doc. requested before SA July-11 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: May-27-2016 SA: July-27-2016 AOR2: September-07-2016 PRG Request: November 02, 2016
File Transfer...
July-27-2016 - ECAS Showing "In Process"
Med's Request
"Upfront"
Med's Done....
February-08-2016
Andynd1uk said:
My application was filed on May 30th and I received confirmation from Ottawa today that I'm almost there. Have sent off a photocopy of my passport to London and will be receiving my COPR within 4 weeks!!! :-D :D :D
Congratulations Andynd1uk!!! Can you post your time lines pls..

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
lalicatter said:
Hi all, anyone have any updates for May applicants? I feel like we had a ton of DMs there for a bit and it's been quiet for a couple of weeks now.
nothing for me yet!

BorisTheFaun

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
26-07-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
Still nothing here!

hopefull_lady

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
05-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2016
LANDED..........
16/12/2016
Nothing for me either :(

mrkeuriseu

Mar 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
21-05-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-11-2016
LANDED..........
10-10-2016
Andynd1uk said:
Mine got sent to Ottawa too, but I'm still waiting on my DM status. You called them and they confirmed that after DM, it would take 4 weeks for the COPR?

My app was filed May 5, but I couldn't include an upfront medical. Medicals have now been received as of Aug 3, but I'm worried the COPR won't get to me by Oct 10 (date of my arrival) with my sponsored wife. I just want to avoid having to get her the new ETA or whatever it is for visiting Canada. Much prefer landing with a COPR so I don't have to flagpole.

chenking2016

Aug 7, 2016
Does anybody know, how long do we have to cross the border after receiving the COPR ? Is that the same date it says in the COPR i got from CIC ?

Also after crossing the border, can my spouse go back (in two weeks ) to australia for few months to settle things in Australia, before permanently moving in to Canada ?

Also what are the things that needs to be taken care of before leaving to Australia ? I know that we should apply for SIN card. Anything else ?

Please help. Thanks

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
mrkeuriseu said:
Mine got sent to Ottawa too, but I'm still waiting on my DM status. You called them and they confirmed that after DM, it would take 4 weeks for the COPR?

My app was filed May 5, but I couldn't include an upfront medical. Medicals have now been received as of Aug 3, but I'm worried the COPR won't get to me by Oct 10 (date of my arrival) with my sponsored wife. I just want to avoid having to get her the new ETA or whatever it is for visiting Canada. Much prefer landing with a COPR so I don't have to flagpole.
No, I've had DM status for around 2 weeks now but I received a message saying that they sent correspondence on August 12th requesting documents/information. I hadn't received any such message so I queried it by sending Ottawa an email. They replied saying that I'm in the final stages of the process and asked me to fill out a form for my COPR, send 2 photographs and a copy of my passport to the London office and await my COPR in the post. They said it can take up to 4 weeks.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
ImABule said:

Very well detailed, my friend. But although, we muslims around the world agree that Islam is the one true faith that leads to salvation, a woman in Islam cannot marry a non muslim. It’s not just an Indonesian practice. In fact, if she would have married you (without converting to Islam), that would be a BIG redflag to your VO, since Islam does not allow a muslim woman to marry a non muslim. But yes a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman.

If I’m the officer, I would assume that although you are now a Muslim (ma shaa allah btw), your religion would be less important and that you would likely not believe in it to the same degree your wife belives in. If you know what i mean....I smell love in the morning air :p

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
momo2016 said:
Very well detailed, my friend. But although, we muslims around the world agree that Islam is the one true faith that leads to salvation, a woman in Islam cannot marry a non muslim. It’s not just an Indonesian practice. In fact, if she would have married you (without converting to Islam), that would be a BIG redflag to your VO, since Islam does not allow a muslim woman to marry a non muslim. But yes a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman.

If I’m the officer, I would assume that although you are now a Muslim (ma shaa allah btw), your religion would be less important and that you would likely not believe in it to the same degree your wife belives in. If you know what i mean....I smell love in the morning air :p
Assalamu-alaikum

I'm aware of the Islamic law, however Indonesia does not allow marriage between any religions. A Catholic cannot marry a protestant. And same with every religion. It would not be legal by Indonesian law. While against Islamic law, in Canada a Muslim woman can legally marry a non muslim