+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2015 Intake? and Study permit from Pakistan? - Connect here

aammaadmi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Application (Islamabad, Pakistan)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015
LANDED..........
29-04-2015
umar909 said:
My semester starts on 5 May which is why Im worried.
And my starts on 4th May :)

aammaadmi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015
LANDED..........
29-04-2015
osanam said:
I am from Pakistan, waiting for visa. My medical was performed on 24th of march and results were send on 10th of April. How long they will take more to stamp the student visa. My classes going to be start in the first week of May 2015. Help!!!!!!
Did you already send passport? If yes, it should be around the corner.

umar909

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2015 Online
Doc's Request.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25 March 2015
Med's Done....
7 April 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
14 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 April 2015
LANDED..........
6 May 2015
Goodluck guys!!

aammaadmi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015
LANDED..........
29-04-2015
Yay! Just new message in MyCIC. My application is approved!!! :-*

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Please could you reply to the following questions too ? I have to apply from Pakistan and am in doldrums because the documents vary widely from my region.

1. Did you all apply through online or through paper based? I am confused about which is better not to mention more valid?
2. Also, the online version says don't sign the papers- where as my VAC told me to print the papers and sign then upload? Do I need to sign or not?
3. The documents we upload does not require a police certificate or our educational documents- would we need to submit them later or should i try uploading it some how?
4. Is it better to do medical once we get the study permit or before?
5. For a full time student - do we have to apply for Temporary Resident Visa?

Thank you all.

aammaadmi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015
LANDED..........
29-04-2015
steph_2015 said:
Please could you reply to the following questions too ? I have to apply from Pakistan and am in doldrums because the documents vary widely from my region.

1. Did you all apply through online or through paper based? I am confused about which is better not to mention more valid?
2. Also, the online version says don't sign the papers- where as my VAC told me to print the papers and sign then upload? Do I need to sign or not?
3. The documents we upload does not require a police certificate or our educational documents- would we need to submit them later or should i try uploading it some how?
4. Is it better to do medical once we get the study permit or before?
5. For a full time student - do we have to apply for Temporary Resident Visa?

Thank you all.
1. Online definitely better
2. If you use Adobe Acrobat Reader, then forms will be auto signed by this software so not need to sign.
3. No educational or police certificate is required. I got visa without them.
4. It's a personal preference. They ask you for upfront if you can do it but it's okay if you want to wait for the call. I did upfront because I was sure I needed the medical checkup regardless of visa.
5. No. Apply for study permit. You get temporary resident study permit which you will renew after arriving in Canada. Just click Study Permit button in online application. Remember application can be edited as many times as you want until it's not submitted.

Just upload screenshot of any screen which is confusing and I'll be glad to help you.

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Thank you aammaadmi for your quick response and kind gesture :) I have some more questions and then I am going for the online version too ;-) Please could you answer them.

a. Should I try uploading my educational docs and police certificate anyways? Did they ask you to submit it later?
b. Also, what happens after your submit the application...you provide them the biometrics and then wait for medical and passport request ?
c.How long does it take for you to get yours?
d. Did you submit the letter of explanation? I already have a Msc in Business Administration and wanted to get another in my professional fields that is in Communication Arts- should I add that in this letter or wait for the interview- if it happens?

aammaadmi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015
LANDED..........
29-04-2015
steph_2015 said:
Thank you aammaadmi for your quick response and kind gesture :) I have some more questions and then I am going for the online version too ;-) Please could you answer them.

a. Should I try uploading my educational docs and police certificate anyways? Did they ask you to submit it later?
b. Also, what happens after your submit the application...you provide them the biometrics and then wait for medical and passport request ?
c.How long does it take for you to get yours?
d. Did you submit the letter of explanation? I already have a Msc in Business Administration and wanted to get another in my professional fields that is in Communication Arts- should I add that in this letter or wait for the interview- if it happens?
a. No. This way you create an impression of not following what is asked. Plus you overwhelm them with your docs to slow down your process yourself. I'd recommend against it.
b. Yes probably after a day you will be asked for biometrics. Go to VFS Pakistan branch of your city and get it done. Instructions are provided in the doc.
c. I don't understand this question. But I got my visa in 3 months minus 6 days.
d. Yes add explanation of any sort you think is required. I added 2 sorts of explanation for my case.

umar909

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2015 Online
Doc's Request.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25 March 2015
Med's Done....
7 April 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
14 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 April 2015
LANDED..........
6 May 2015
Apply online surely
Dont need to sign, the acrobat forms validate themselves just fill it out then hit validate
I uploaded my police certificate with my explanation letter, I dont know if it was needed even. But yes I didnt upload any educational docs, not even IELTS score. But I say you mention good academic standing in SOP and also if you got a good score put the figures in SOP in a way that it supports your case.
I will say from my experience, get medical done from before, its not that costly and you will save one step of the process once it starts, I didnt know this and I had trouble getting appointment in the right time (though I got it after much hassle with IOM)
Must apply fr TRV, when you apply online thats the ease, you have no chance of missing out something essential, TRV application comes as a mandatory doc on ur cic portal when u apply online.
They didnt ask me for any additional docs and I didnt upload any, I agree with aammadmi, dont complicate your case
You apply, get your bio done, wait for med call (unless you get it done upfront)
It took 10 weeks for them to request meds, which I got done in 2 weeks, they got approved withing a week and passport also got requested in the same week.
MUST submit a strong SOP, especially if you are changing your main field. Make a valid case.

aammaadmi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015
LANDED..........
29-04-2015
steph_2015 said:
Is it possible you could share the explanation you sent to them :) Thank you loads
It was really personal to be honest.

1. Why my European country study visa was refused
2. Explanation of finances, how and where did it come from etc

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Hi steph_2015,

Make your own SOP and focus on:

Why you chose your specific program?
Why Canada?
Why you chose your specific university?

I applied in 2011 and my SOP was based on those three questions. I would love to share but I do not have it now.
Good luck!

sijazme

Apr 15, 2015
aammaadmi > can you please email me?

sijazme@gmail.com

I need to ask a few questions that a personal to me.

Thanks

karantara

Dec 8, 2014
applied from UAE got the visa in 3 months for may session will be leaving from pakistan anyone else is here who is also leaving for may session?