+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2014 Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) Applications

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

Just wondering is anyone applied for SOWP in May 2014? If so, please post your timeline here, so others get idea of the processing time!!

For my husband's SOWP:

Applied to: CHC-New Delhi, India
Application from: Ahmedabad, India
Application Submitted: 12th May 2014
Relationship Proof Requested: 29th May 2014
Relationship Proof Documents Submitted: 2nd June 2014
Medical Requested: 3rd June 2014
Medical Done: 7th June 2014

Now WAITING to hear back from them ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Ashroop

Star Member
May 31, 2014
pari_p said:
Hey guys,

Just wondering is anyone applied for SOWP in May 2014? If so, please post your timeline here, so others get idea of the processing time!!

For my husband's SOWP:

Applied to: CHC-New Delhi, India
Application from: Ahmedabad, India
Application Submitted: 12th May 2014
Relationship Proof Requested: 29th May 2014
Relationship Proof Documents Submitted: 2nd June 2014
Medical Requested: 3rd June 2014

Now WAITING to hear back from them ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Hey, even my spouse will be filing an application for SOWP probably next week. Do you know the average processing time for applications in India? And did your husband appear for IELTS? Which visa do you have?

please advise.

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashroop said:
Hey, even my spouse will be filing an application for SOWP probably next week. Do you know the average processing time for applications in India? And did your husband appear for IELTS? Which visa do you have?

please advise.
I am unsure of the avg processing time. It says 4months on the website for Work Permits but I am not sure if it would be the same for Open Work Permit since the they both are completely different things. Though my husband got medical in around 3 weeks of submitting the file.

My husband did not take IELTS, there is no need for it to apply for Spousal Open Work Permit. I am here on a study permit.

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update:

My husband just received the email of approval from CHC-New Delhi (he will get his passport today from VFS).

Here is our timeline again:

Applied (Paper based): 12th May 2014
Additional Documents Requested (Relationship Proofs): 29th May 2014
Additional Documents sent: 2nd June 2014
Medical Request: 3rd June 2014
Visa Approval Email: 19th June 2014

Please note: This was our second application for SOWP, we applied online 1st time in December 2013.

Hope this gives an idea of current avg timeline (though it looks like the timeframe of applications being processed is really case based).

All the best to all those who are waiting!

Thanks,
pari

aminpayal17

Jun 19, 2014
HY PARI,
I ALSO APPLIED FOR MY HUSBAND'S OPEN WORK PERMIT.
FIRST TIME IT WAS REJECTED.
BUT SECOND TIME I GOT ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT REQUEST,MARRIAGE PHOTOS AND QUATONARIES.
WHAT YOU GOT AS A PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP AND WHAT DID YOU SENT THEM.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU CAN, I ALSO APPLIED SECOND TIME PAPER BASED FROM AHMEDABAD,BUT FIRST TIME I DONE ONLINE AND GOT REJECTED.
PLEASE GUIDE ME.
THANK YOU SO MUCH

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aminpayal17 said:
HY PARI,
BUT SECOND TIME I GOT ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT REQUEST,MARRIAGE PHOTOS AND QUATONARIES.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU CAN, I ALSO APPLIED SECOND TIME PAPER BASED FROM AHMEDABAD,BUT FIRST TIME I DONE ONLINE AND GOT REJECTED.
PLEASE GUIDE ME.
THANK YOU SO MUCH
Hi,

mine was exactly the same case... rejected first time online and for second time, i got additional documents request (& once we submitted those documents my husband got medical request). We sent photos (atleast 2/3 pics from each year... we dated for 8 yrs so had many.. also any trips we took... and lots of pics of wedding and reception..put the dates and place behind the pics).. for documents we sent in emails, chats, skype history and whatsapp chat messages from last 8 yrs and ofcourse the questionnaire!

They sent back the pics with the passport!

Sun88

May 28, 2014
Hi All..my husband and i applied for student permit and SOWP respectively in may..below are the timelines..

Applied : 01/05/2014
Request for medical :06/05/2014
Medical Submitted :09/05/2014
PP stamped and received :26/05/2014

We applied through VFS Bangalore and it got processed in New Delhi..

Hope this helps... :)

ganesh.cafe

Dec 16, 2012
pari_p said:
Just an update:

My husband just received the email of approval from CHC-New Delhi (he will get his passport today from VFS).

Here is our timeline again:

Applied (Paper based): 12th May 2014
Additional Documents Requested (Relationship Proofs): 29th May 2014
Additional Documents sent: 2nd June 2014
Medical Request: 3rd June 2014
Visa Approval Email: 19th June 2014

Please note: This was our second application for SOWP, we applied online 1st time in December 2013.

Hope this gives an idea of current avg timeline (though it looks like the timeframe of applications being processed is really case based).

All the best to all those who are waiting!

Thanks,
pari

Hi ,
How much bank balance did u show?

jaisa

Apr 7, 2014
aminpayal17 said:
HY PARI,
PLEASE GUIDE ME.
THANK YOU SO MUCH
when did u apply....the date

chintzy777

Nov 1, 2014
Hey, guys I've applied SOWP online application made outside of Canada on August 18th 2014, but no updates as of now. Is any one experiencing the same. Does any one has any idea about the processing times for an online application and do we have a chance of approval, coz its been a long wait.???

heema

Oct 8, 2014
Hello guys,

I am really depressed that y my Open work permit visa getting rejected. It was rejected twice :(

These are the supporting documents which I have submitted

1. Marriage Certificate
2.Wedding Invitation Card
3.Wedding Photographs
4.All education Certificates.
5. Employment certificates
6.Pay slips
7.CA report, Fixed deposite, and bank statements
8.NOC from parents and in laws
9.Medical receipt
10.communication proofs between me and my husband since 2011

Documents from spouse:
1.Study permit visa copy
2.Invitation letter
3.enrollment letter from university
4.admisiison letter
5.tution fee receipt
6.savings account statement
7.student id card and Noc

Our's is a love marriage. We are in relationship since 2011 and got married in 2013 December.My husband is doing his Post Graduation Diploma Course (Mobile Solutions Development (Cooperative Education)) Program and I use to work in India as business development executive in one of the MNC's since one year and resigned in July

We are approaching through lawyer and they are charging us bomb.Please help us guys any additional documents are required. I am missing him so much :( ..

Kindly advise

heema

Oct 8, 2014
we have showed about $19000 in mine and my husbands account and also assets around 3crores totally. Even though one of the rejection reason was Financial assets

jeet dhani

Sep 12, 2014
MY NAME IS SIMRANJEET DHANI , I HAVE APPLIED SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT. MY WIFE IS ALREADY IN CANADA ON STUDENT VISA ,SHE IS STUDYING MASTERS IN HUMBER UNIVERSITY, I APPLIED ON 19TH SEPT PAPER APPLICATION ,NEW DELHI VFS FROM AHMEDABAD, MEDICAL UPFRONT.
MY WIFE'S DOCUMENTS
1)COLLEGE ID
2)ENROLLMENT FORM
3)SIN NO
4)RENT AGREEMENT
5)VISA
6)PASSPORT
7)LETTER OF INVITATION
8)EXP LETTER OF HER PREVIOUS EMPLOYER IN INDIA STATING THAT SHE HAS GONE TO CANADA FOR HIGHER STUDIES AND SHE IS STILL ASSOCIATED AS FREELANCER WITH THE ORGANISATION AND AFTER COMPLETING THE COURSE SHE IS FREE TO JOIN THE ORGANISATION BACK.

MINE DOCUMENTS
1)EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS
2)SALARY PROOF
3)OFFER LETTER
4)EXPERIENCE LETTER
5)FIXED DEPOSIT OF 6000 CAD
6)LIQUID FUND OF 5000 CAD LAST THREE MONTHS BANK STATEMENT
7) CAR DOCUMENTS
8)LIC POLICY OF AROUND 12.5 LAKH( 15000 CAD AROUND)

MY FATHER'S DOCMENTS
1)TAX BILL OF OUR SHOP
2)ELECTRICITY BILL OF OUR SHOP
3)FATHER'S BANK LETTER OF 6000 CAD
4)IT RETURNS OF TWO YEARS OF MY FATHER
5) BALANCE SHEET OF LAAST TWO YEARS
6)AFFIDEVIT OF SPONSERSHIP

ME AND MY WIFE'S RELATION PROOF
1)MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES
2) 10-15 MARRIAGE PHOTOGRAPHES
3)6-7 TRIP PHOTOGRAPHS
4)PRE MARRIAGE PICS 5-6
5) WATS APP TEXT OF LAST MONTH

PLS GO THROUGH THE DOCUMENTS IF THIS COULD HELP U A BIT, I AM NOT SURE OF THESE DOCUMENTS, WHETHER THESE WOULD SUFFICE THEIR REQUIREMENTS OR NOT, AS M STILL WAITING FOR THE VISA...I HOPE TO GET THE VISA IN THIS COMING WEEK...... FINGERS CROSSED ,,,,,

THANKS AND REGARDS
SIMRANJEET