+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2014 Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) Applications

Swati26122011

Sep 13, 2012
I am applying for SOWP.

I have got my upfront medical done recently.

I intend to add the name of my husband on my passport in the spouse's name column in order to solidify the proof of my marriage along with the marriage certificate i provide.

Now this would change my passport id and when the application is submitted would conflict with my proof of identity given in the upfront medical exam.

Thus my question is would this create any problem or would they not consider this mild change as alarming as i fear.

Plz help its urgent.

zemphir

Jun 28, 2014
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for my question but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it!

I applied for SOWP and got approved; my open work permit will expire in October 2015. I recently got a new passport and would like to extend my work permit however I am confused by the form IMM5710E where on top it gives 4 options:
3) I am applying for one or more of the following
a) A work permit with the same employer
b) An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
c) Restoration of your status as a worker
d) Temporary Resident Permit

Which option is the right one? It seems like none of them really apply because I just want to extend my OPEN work permit. Saying I am applying for a work permit with the same employer is confusing because it's an Open work permit which means I am allowed to work with any employer I choose.