File Transfer...
01-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-Mar-2015
Congrats guys! Mrs. Purcy, hope you will have your SA soon too :)

zinaramirez

Aug 16, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
are you not close enough to the us border to "flagpole"? it would be substantially easier AND quicker to do that. from what i've read, while it may only take 2 weeks to schedule the interview, they are usually not scheduled right away and it's likely to be waiting months to land.
Just an update on this. The Etobicoke office never actually called me to schedule the interview, so we're going to Niagara Falls this weekend to get the COPR signed :)

hopefulpoet

May 11, 2014
We just got my husband's COPR yesterday! (we applied in May too) So exciting! Now we have to decide if we're going to drive down to the border and flag-pole, or try to make an appointment at a CIC office. We are anxious for him to start working ASAP, but we also have a 2-year-old, and long drives are not that fun with her!

Is there a list somewhere of what we need to bring with us? (I need to read the letter a little more closely too--is it in there?) I just want to hear from others' actual experiences about what to expect when landing.

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
I GOT SA!!! ;D

UGH I hope everything else happens quickly and positively for myself and everyone here so we can be with the ones that we love!

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
Mrs.Purcy said:
I GOT SA!!! ;D

UGH I hope everything else happens quickly and positively for myself and everyone here so we can be with the ones that we love!
Omg yay!!!! I'm so happy you finally got your SA :)

amyt1984

Sep 11, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-05-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi

I'm late joining....but we finally got the email yesterday to say they have approved my boyfriend as a sponsor. I hoping London will be superfast processing my application...I don't want to wait any longer!

Are any other May applicants still waiting for SA? We were delayed because the CRA told us some crappy information and we had to get them to reissue the form early July.

:D

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
amyt1984 said:
Hi

I'm late joining....but we finally got the email yesterday to say they have approved my boyfriend as a sponsor. I hoping London will be superfast processing my application...I don't want to wait any longer!

Are any other May applicants still waiting for SA? We were delayed because the CRA told us some crappy information and we had to get them to reissue the form early July.

:D
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you! Ours is also being sent to London! Apparently there's a backlog!

lahjdh

Sep 15, 2014
Hi All
Just discovered you via a recommendation from a friend who also uses the board.
My husband is Canadian, as are our sons, so we are currently applying via the Spousal Sponsorship route for just me!
This is where we're at;
Application Received - May 6 2014
Sponsor Approval - July 8 2014

We received email confirmation of the sponsor approval and they informed us they were sending our case to Ottawa. We emailed back to confirm as we expected it to be sent to London (as we're UK based), they emailed back to say they'd retrieved the file and sent it to London instead. Given what I've been reading about the super quick times at Ottawa at the moment I fear we should have kept our mouths shut!!

Is there anyway I can check that it reached London safely as the online checking tool was showing Application Received because it had got to Ottawa okay?

Also, a couple of newbie questions;
1 - Where can I find out what all the abbreviations people are using mean?
2 - I keep reading about a spreadsheet, where can I find it and am I okay to add in our details?

This place is a great resource, thanks.

amyt1984

Sep 11, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-05-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
I'm just glad someone is finally looking at it... fingers crossed its quick :)

Mrs.Purcy said:
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you! Ours is also being sent to London! Apparently there's a backlog!

Trav0370

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
29-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2014
LANDED..........
18-10-2014
lahjdh said:
Is there anyway I can check that it reached London safely as the online checking tool was showing Application Received because it had got to Ottawa okay?

Also, a couple of newbie questions;
2 - I keep reading about a spreadsheet, where can I find it and am I okay to add in our details?

This place is a great resource, thanks.
you can always send cic another email asking them about the arrival status. be sure to include your uci# and app# to make it easy for them to know what file you are referring to.

which abbreviations do you want to know?

The spreadsheet is here:
http://tinyurl.com/may2014outlandspreadsheet

Benni

Oct 22, 2013
Newfoundland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
lahjdh said:
Here's a few:

AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CICIC - Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form
CPP - Canada Pension Plan
CPPO - Case Processing Pilot Ottawa
CSQ - Certificate du Selection du Quebec (Quebec Certificate of Selection)
e-CAS - e-Client Application Status. This on-line service allows CIC clients to view securely the status of immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may use this service if you have sponsored a member of the family class, applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada, applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal), applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship, or applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
IA-Intial Assessment
ID - Identification
MR - Medical request
PCC - Police clearance certificate
PPR-Passport Request
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
SIN -Social Insurance Number
SWP - Skilled Worker Program
VO - Visa officer

Trav0370

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
29-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2014
LANDED..........
18-10-2014
for the applicant side, Status: in process for 5 weeks now. finally today got an update saying meds recieved.

Any idea what CPC Ottawa's timeline is looking like lately?

lahjdh

Sep 15, 2014
Trav0370 said:
you can always send cic another email asking them about the arrival status. be sure to include your uci# and app# to make it easy for them to know what file you are referring to.

which abbreviations do you want to know?
Many thanks Trav - will do that. RE abreviations I found a page on the British expat site and it's proved extremely useful.
Will get myself added to the spreadsheet.

hakodate

Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Passport Req..
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
I posted about a month ago as I had issues with my SA being late and when I followed up they sent me my client number with an "In process" status and the very next day the status was changed to "Decision Made" effective August 11. The problem was they mailed the results and my past experience on receiving mail from Canadian federal government agencies involved a 2 to 6 month time frame, here in south China. I had mentioned it in my covering letter so I wasn't too pleased with their mailing the results.

Anyway, I needed to update some family information and asked for an update at the same time. No reply. Then the other day I noticed that a link to "Case specific questions" which had been down for a few weeks was active so used that to inquire (as well as give my receipt for the Permenent Residence Fee which I didn't pay before). So yesterday they finally sent me an email version of the letter and fortunately I was approved as Sponsor. Of course their letter hasn't arrived yet.

Just to clarify my situation, I am the sponsor living with my wife (almost 7 years now) in China.

ARAD

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
AOR Received.
july 17 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Dec 21 2014
Hi guys
Just an update. We recieved AOR from abu dhabi vo along with ADR. For some reason, they need us to send them the Schedual A along with travel history for both applicant and sponsor. We had sent the application completed with this information but now they want it again.?