+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2014 CEC-PR Applications

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
Hi nitingh,
Thanks for your detailed reply.
I have not submitted my PCC as yet. I have heard from other co-worker, who had applied and got PR that they have never gotten request for PCC. So I thought I might not need it.
Do u suggest I should get it done and send it.
In GCMS, I dont see any place for second review. Do all application go through 2nd review, or it happens only when application did not pass through the first review.
I want to be a little more careful, because I am expecting baby in Sept 1st week and my visa/permit is expiring on 11th Sept. Don't want to go through any unnecessary problem.
I think from the day one get RPRF to the day one land, it takes close to 3 months. what happens when my work permit expires in between those days. Will I be allowed to work, will my health card etc. be valid during that duration?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
ashek1520 said:
I want to be a little more careful, because I am expecting baby in Sept 1st week and my visa/permit is expiring on 11th Sept. Don't want to go through any unnecessary problem.
I think from the day one get RPRF to the day one land, it takes close to 3 months. what happens when my work permit expires in between those days. Will I be allowed to work, will my health card etc. be valid during that duration?
I don't understand what is stopping you from renewing your work permit?
Is that little extension fee the problem?
This is the most important thing. It is a 3 month process and you should apply for it 4 months before expiry, unless you enjoy suffering from unnecessary pressure.
There are lots of rules like implied status,
but man are you looking for trouble,
while you could do it in an easy way. So apply for it now

Arwy

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
zoey0801 said:
Any May applicant still waiting for MR? I'm May 29th and still hear nothing back :'(
Hey Zoey! I'm in the same situation. May 28th applicant. Haven't heard anything from CIC since then. I did my medicals for Express Entry application. So I'm just waiting. I called the call centre. The agent confirmed that timeframe of 13 month on the web-site is not accurate. It's updated quarterly, and next update should push it higher. They see 14-15 months as average processing time. So we just need to have more patience. I know it can be nerve-wrecking. Hugs.

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
ashek1520 said:
Hi nitingh,
Thanks for your detailed reply.
I have not submitted my PCC as yet. I have heard from other co-worker, who had applied and got PR that they have never gotten request for PCC. So I thought I might not need it.
Do u suggest I should get it done and send it.
In GCMS, I dont see any place for second review. Do all application go through 2nd review, or it happens only when application did not pass through the first review.

Thanks,
Abhishek
Dont take any risks, and apply for new BWP. Specially since it takes them 3 months now to process applications.
My work permit experies on August 11th, and I got my medical and RPRF June17th. But I still applied for extension of work permit beggining of June because you never know what can happen.
So my advise is to go online today, and apply for new work permit. Spec because you're pregnant!

foxmark

Apr 3, 2015
Hello Guys.

Finally I received the PPR (10-July-2015) ;)

My info is the following:
0. Date filed : 16 May 2014
1. AOR received on 4th of July 2014
2. Ecas:
2.1. We received your application on May 21, 2014.
2.2. We started processing your application on June 22, 2015
3. I did my Medical 24-June-2015.
4. Medical Received 8-July
5. PPR - 10-July.

I send my passport already.

Good luck to everyone.

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
foxmark said:
Hello Guys.

2. Ecas:
5. PPR - 10-July.

Good luck to everyone.
Congratulations foxmark, had u submitted your PCC upfront?

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
ljiljka007 said:
Dont take any risks, and apply for new BWP. Specially since it takes them 3 months now to process applications.
My work permit experies on August 11th, and I got my medical and RPRF June17th. But I still applied for extension of work permit beggining of June because you never know what can happen.
So my advise is to go online today, and apply for new work permit. Spec because you're pregnant!
Thanks for your suggestions ljiljka007 and Nick666.
I am submitting application for BOWP.

While going through the process I realized that I need to submit one IMM5257E for me and one for my wife.
In some earlier post I saw that I need to submit IMM5257 form. Little confused if there is any change.
Also in the form IMM5257E,
it asks for "purpose of visit" with option such as returning work, how long u want to stay etc., what should I fill there?

I am applying for BOWP for me and my spouse (who is here on spousal open work permit). Based on the questionare I think my spouse too needs to fill IMM5257E form and in one application all the documents needs to be submitted.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong, I just dont need to make any mistake and suffer, based on the wait time, I feel anyway I shall be on implied status for some time.

zoey0801

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
Med's Request
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
22-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-01-2016
Arwy said:
Hey Zoey! I'm in the same situation. May 28th applicant. Haven't heard anything from CIC since then. I did my medicals for Express Entry application. So I'm just waiting. I called the call centre. The agent confirmed that timeframe of 13 month on the web-site is not accurate. It's updated quarterly, and next update should push it higher. They see 14-15 months as average processing time. So we just need to have more patience. I know it can be nerve-wrecking. Hugs.
My 2nd review due date is July 10. Whens yours? I know I'm losing hope in this whole thing too. I called the agent and she said she has sent the VO a note to see why its taking so long and told me to wait for their reply. I doubt i'll get anything. Arwy and Amrinder123 - we should keep in touch to see when they get MR.

I'm starting to get my PNP application in just in case.

senthilsp

Mar 5, 2014
Hi guys, need your help. I did my medicals on June 19th, and my Dr showed a receipt showing submitted to CIC on June25th. However, I called CIC today to check status and the agent said that the Medicals hasn't been updated in the system :( When I explained the dates, the agent said it can take up to 3 months (!!!) for the medicals to be updated in CIC system, even if the Doctor has sent it. No clue what that means ! By saying that she made sure I dont call again till Sept19th.
Has this happened to anyone else? If eMedical receipt shows Jun25th upload date, why does CIC say they don't have it yet?

Below is my timeline:

1. AOR received on Jun 2014
2. Ecas:
2.1. We received your application on May 2, 2014.
2.2. We started processing your application on June 06, 2015
3. Medical Requested - June6, 2015
4 RPRF request on Jun12th and paid on Jun 17th
5. I did my Medical 19-June-2015.
6. Dr sent to CIC on 25th June-2015

7. Waiting for PPR for 18 days since medicals uploaded. Called CIC and they said medicals yet to be received.

foxmark said:
Hello Guys.

2. Ecas:
5. PPR - 10-July.

Good luck to everyone.

zoey0801

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
Med's Request
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
22-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-01-2016
When we receive MR is when ecas status changes to We start processing your application (date)?

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
senthilsp said:
Hi guys, need your help. I did my medicals on June 19th, and my Dr showed a receipt showing submitted to CIC on June25th. However, I called CIC today to check status and the agent said that the Medicals hasn't been updated in the system :( When I explained the dates, the agent said it can take up to 3 months (!!!) for the medicals to be updated in CIC system, even if the Doctor has sent it. No clue what that means ! By saying that she made sure I dont call again till Sept19th.
Has this happened to anyone else? If eMedical receipt shows Jun25th upload date, why does CIC say they don't have it yet?
It is normal.
Call center just tells you general info that everyone knows, not what is really happening.
Based on the CIC web site, it can take up to 3 months after medical, to go to the next stage of processing.
But based on our experience, for us as delayed applications, it will take a lot less, usually days or weeks to appear on your online status.
You will see "medical received" once a CIC officer opens your file and approves medical.

If you need more accurate answer, you should send an email to your processing center.
We have been waiting for months for small steps, you need to be patient

senthilsp

Mar 5, 2014
Thanks, I don't mind waiting. Just wanted to know why the agent would say that, and whether I need to verify again with the Panel Doctor that he uploaded correctly.
And in my case, I am diabetic and hence am wondering if CIC has an additional step for the medicals to be reviewed by their doctors before sending to the case officer.
I will try sending an email to CPC after a few days.

Nick666 said:
It is normal.
Call center just tells you general info that everyone knows, not what is really happening.
Based on the CIC web site, it can take up to 3 months after medical, to go to the next stage of processing.
But based on our experience, for us as delayed applications, it will take a lot less, usually days or weeks to appear on your online status.
You will see "medical received" once a CIC officer opens your file and approves medical.

If you need more accurate answer, you should send an email to your processing center.
We have been waiting for months for small steps, you need to be patient

Cepheus74

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
Here's my update. My app went to second review in Dec 2014. They asked for more UK Police information last month, once I pass this on I will be good to go :). GL all.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 12, 2014.

2. We started processing your application on June 25, 2015.

3. Medical results have been received.