+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2014 CEC-PR Applications

bharat1369

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Re: GCMS notes

SimonSez said:
Ordering GCMS notes has a charge of $5 if you are currently outside the Canada and someone else is applying on your behalf (because you are outside Canada). If you are in Canada and applying for your self, there is no fee.
Yes I did applied within Canada, That you for the update. Usually how long it take to receive the notes....

My application status shows in process from the time i was received by CIC

bharat1369

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014

alyssa_abfam17 said:
I ordered my GCMS notes on Feb.1st from http://caips-gcms/ .com and paid $25 and haven't gotten it yet. So did I order it from the wrong website, kinda confused here.
Used the website from which I applied from and its free if you are applying within Canada....be caution while ordering ur notes from any other website....

Do have one has any other status apart from "received" or "in process" status

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03
je1208 said:
I am may applicant, waiting for PPR.

I am also having the same problem. recently due to emergency i came back to india and applied visitor visa from here. As per policy the address should be my home address(address in India) and my company address for mailing in the application. The PR application address has been changed as per the Visitor Visa application.

Should i need to wait till i receive my Visa or change the address immediately?

Need somebody's advice

I would advise to update once you return back to Canada. If you are not planning to come back soon then update once you receive your visa.

alyssa_abfam17

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
03-11-15
Med's Done....
11-11-15
Passport Req..
20-11-15

bharat1369 said:
Used the website from which I applied from and its free if you are applying within Canada....be caution while ordering ur notes from any other website....

Do have one has any other status apart from "received" or "in process" status
Oh! What a big mistake, should of not ordered from there. Anyway, I checked my status online and it just says "we have reveived your application on May 23,2015."

SimonSez

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-06-2014
Med's Request
04-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014 (uploaded to EMed on Dec. 20)
alyssa_abfam17 said:
Seriously?? I waited 1 month for nothing and wasted 25 bucks??? When I googled GCMS notes, that website came up.
It may not necessarily be a fake website. First answer this question: Are you in Canada?

If you are in Canada, then you surely wasted your money but you may still get the notes back if the company is legitimate. A lot of people that are outside Canada utilize companies that file for GCMS notes on their behalf. These companies pay $5 to get your notes and then forward them to you and the additional price they charge (on top of the $5 fee) is their profit. There are many companies that do this and this helps people outside Canada to get their notes even if they don't have a friend in Canada.

So, email them If your one month is up and find out about the notes. If they don't respond and it has been over 30 calendar days since you submitted request, then do a charge-back on your credit card to get your money back.

alyssa_abfam17

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
03-11-15
Med's Done....
11-11-15
Passport Req..
20-11-15
SimonSez said:
It may not necessarily be a fake website. First answer this question: Are you in Canada?

If you are in Canada, then you surely wasted your money but you may still get the notes back if the company is legitimate. A lot of people that are outside Canada utilize companies that file for GCMS notes on their behalf. These companies pay $5 to get your notes and then forward them to you and the additional price they charge (on top of the $5 fee) is their profit. There are many companies that do this and this helps people outside Canada to get their notes even if they don't have a friend in Canada.

So, email them If your one month is up and find out about the notes. If they don't respond and it has been over 30 calendar days since you submitted request, then do a charge-back on your credit card to get your money back.

Yes, I'm in Canada. Thanks for your input. Will call them again.

Sylar2000

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
SimonSez said:

Hello.. Can u please give us the link on where we can order GCMS?
When u google GCMS the links that are given are those with pay. :(

Thanks

je1208

Jan 12, 2015
Hi Kothem,

Thank you for your response. I will be returning soon to canada and will update the details.
Kothem said:
je1208 said:
I am may applicant, waiting for PPR.

I am also having the same problem. recently due to emergency i came back to india and applied visitor visa from here. As per policy the address should be my home address(address in India) and my company address for mailing in the application. The PR application address has been changed as per the Visitor Visa application.

Should i need to wait till i receive my Visa or change the address immediately?

Need somebody's advice

I would advise to update once you return back to Canada. If you are not planning to come back soon then update once you receive your visa.

banchos22

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
One moré week and no News!!

What are your thoughts? When You guys think we will start receiving PPFR or Pasport request?

March or April? Lol!!!

bharat1369

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Since its been a while after my medicals are submitted, I have a concern regarding about my application.

I had started working form 15 April 2013 and had taken a vacation for 5 weeks in December out of which I got 3 and half weeks of vacation paid out and some were statutory holiday even that was paid and around 51 hours(7 days) of unpaid vacation or Leave Without Pay.

I have applied under Canadian Experience Class on 4 th May 2014. So i did waited for couple of weeks in order to cover my unpaid hours or Leave without pay.

This is bothering me as some people say that the paid leave are counted towards your experience.

Can somebody can assist me in this or what steps should i take...

Reply will be appreciated.

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
bharat1369 said:
Since its been a while after my medicals are submitted, I have a concern regarding about my application.

I had started working form 15 April 2013 and had taken a vacation for 5 weeks in December out of which I got 3 and half weeks of vacation paid out and some were statutory holiday even that was paid and around 51 hours(7 days) of unpaid vacation or Leave Without Pay.

I have applied under Canadian Experience Class on 4 th May 2014. So i did waited for couple of weeks in order to cover my unpaid hours or Leave without pay.

This is bothering me as some people say that the paid leave are counted towards your experience.

Can somebody can assist me in this or what steps should i take...

Reply will be appreciated.
Did you order GCMS? It should tell you whether there is something to worry or not.
Otherwise, the forum members can only speculate.

bharat1369

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
cee12345 said:
Did you order GCMS? It should tell you whether there is something to worry or not.
Otherwise, the forum members can only speculate.

I just ordered the GCMS yesterday....hope so it comes soon and it is good....

Bhaski

Mar 6, 2015
Hi
I have got my medical done by Jan 23rd.. and still no update on passport request.

My file was received by may 26th

Any updates from anyone applied in same timeframe?