hello.

any update on your PPR

BhaskarCA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
skMarch31 said:
hello.

any update on your PPR
I have exactly similar timeline as yours still waiting for PPR. I paid my RPRF on December 15th, 2013. I even applied under CEC and paid the RPRF on January 27th, 2014 here too awaiting PPR :(

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
Does anyone know what happens if I receive my COPR but landing is being delayed because of the local CIC office being busy and meanwhile my status in Canada of a worker is about to end ? Do I need to apply again while I am waiting for my appointment for landing? My work permit expires two months before my COPR expiry date.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
immigrationaspirant said:
Does anyone know what happens if I receive my COPR but landing is being delayed because of the local CIC office being busy and meanwhile my status in Canada of a worker is about to end ? Do I need to apply again while I am waiting for my appointment for landing? My work permit expires two months before my COPR expiry date.
I would not take this chance... I would even find a way and drive to border.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
Yeah I could have drove down to the border but the border is way too far from where I am. I could wait patiently I suppose till the local CIC office gives me the appointment, but I am not quite sure if my status as a worker expires then would that mean I would need to renew or would I be under implied status, with my COPR and the visa.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah I could have drove down to the border but the border is way too far from where I am. I could wait patiently I suppose till the local CIC office gives me the appointment, but I am not quite sure if my status as a worker expires then would that mean I would need to renew or would I be under implied status, with my COPR and the visa.
Call the local CIC office and explain to them.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
How far is the border? Does it take longer than 2 months of wait?

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
dior12 said:
Call the local CIC office and explain to them.
You can't call or meet the CIC officers in person. You have to take an appointment prior to going to the local CIC office. The agent told me that they are pretty booked and I would know when my appointment is booked for after a week or two.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't call or meet the CIC officers in person. You have to take an appointment prior to going to the local CIC office. The agent told me that they are pretty booked and I would know when my appointment is booked for after a week or two.
why didn't you tell the agent that you were making an appointment with about it?

Jul app

Apr 19, 2013
Hello,
Could please let me know if your wife could get the work permit? If so, what supporting docs did you add to the application? Thanks a lot

taurus25 said:
I did the upfront medicals for my spouse at that time she was in India but now she is in canada... I got medical request after one week of sending the docs to CPP-Ottawa (That email was a mistake as i already did the medicals upfront n they noted that down, that medical is already done).

U can do medical upfront but if u already sent the file then I would suggest that u should wait for the email as u will get client id for ur wife too..

Jul app

Apr 19, 2013
Hi,
When did you apply for CEC? Did you submit your medical? if so, when? Thanks

BhaskarCA said:
I have exactly similar timeline as yours still waiting for PPR. I paid my RPRF on December 15th, 2013. I even applied under CEC and paid the RPRF on January 27th, 2014 here too awaiting PPR :(