Apr 23 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 11 2013
Med's Request
Sept 17 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 27 2013
dos2unix said:
Please update my timeline. I just received my passport with visa today.
Visa was stamped on Oct. 7. :D

God bless to all your applications guys.
Yours is next.
wow awesome.. Congratulations... when are you planning to move to canada??

skMarch31

Nov 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Apr 23 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 11 2013
Med's Request
Sept 17 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 27 2013
skMarch31 said:
hey guys..

i am really getting impatient. Its been 2 weeks since i got my medical exam done.. nothing updated on eCas. Is there anything that I can do to check where its struck.. Could it mean that something is wrong with our medical results. My visa office is CPP O

dos2unix

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
4-Feb-2016
File Transfer...
SA 16-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront 14-Nov-2015
skMarch31 said:
January 2014.

rev

Oct 16, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
18-10-2013
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2014, in Canada as a TFW since April 2011
skMarch31 said:
hey guys..

i am really getting impatient. Its been 2 weeks since i got my medical exam done.. nothing updated on eCas. Is there anything that I can do to check where its struck.. Could it mean that something is wrong with our medical results. My visa office is CPP O
when I had my medicals, my ECAS status did not update for at least over a month. i called CIC twice and got two different answers.

First call was 2 weeks after the medicals were submitted , and the answer was that they cannot give me any information regarding my application because PNP applications are treated as outside of canada applications which does not make sense. I got the impression that the lady I was talking to does not know what she is saying.

Second call, I made a week after, and was given information when the application was received. The lady gave me an email address where I could make an inquiry about my application. I then immediately sent an email to the address and about 1 month later got ECAS status update and a week later received an email reply about my inquiry.

I was also impatient like you and the lesson I learned from this is,

1) to stop checking ECAS status too much, once a week is fine but every hour of the day is too much, i know everyone is guilty of this. ;D ;D

2) limit the time we spend on these forums because we end up comparing timelines but what we forget is that we don't have the same situations. Manila visa office may be fast but for in Canada applicants, we are already here in Canada so why the rush, besides there will be no immediate significant difference in the change of our lives from a TRV holder to a PR. Unless our work visa is expiring, we don't really have to worry too much. Most of us will reach the finish line, but there is little probability that everyone will reach it at the same time.

3) lastly, to enjoy life as it is. For those out of Canada applicants, spend more quality time with your friends and families while you have enough time because soon you will not have as much opportunity. Research more about living here in Canada and it's a good idea to update your skills, job hunting will be the next hurdle for you guys once you set foot here in Canada. For in canada Applicants, enjoy your work and life here in Canada. We already have a good headstart compared to the other applicants, maybe start searching your first house, consider studying again, or just explore the rest of Canada. Canada is really a very big place, it has so much to offer and you'll never run out of things to do.

Patience really is a virtue... and I am also guilty of being impatient. ;D ;D ;D

skMarch31

Nov 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Apr 23 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 11 2013
Med's Request
Sept 17 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 27 2013
rev said:
when I had my medicals, my ECAS status did not update for at least over a month. i called CIC twice and got two different answers.

First call was 2 weeks after the medicals were submitted , and the answer was that they cannot give me any information regarding my application because PNP applications are treated as outside of canada applications which does not make sense. I got the impression that the lady I was talking to does not know what she is saying.

Second call, I made a week after, and was given information when the application was received. The lady gave me an email address where I could make an inquiry about my application. I then immediately sent an email to the address and about 1 month later got ECAS status update and a week later received an email reply about my inquiry.

1) to stop checking ECAS status too much, once a week is fine but every hour of the day is too much, i know everyone is guilty of this. ;D ;D

2) limit the time we spend on these forums because we end up comparing timelines but what we forget is that we don't have the same situations. Manila visa office may be fast but for in Canada applicants, we are already here in Canada so why the rush. Unless our work visa is expiring, we don't really have to worry to much. Sooner or later, we will all be at the finish line.

3) lastly, to enjoy life as it is. For those out of Canada applicants, spend more quality time with your friends and families while you have enough time because soon you will not have as much opportunity. Research more about living here in Canada and it's a good idea to update your skills, job hunting will be the next hurdle for you guys once you set foot here in Canada. For in canada Applicants, enjoy your work and life here in Canada. We already have a good headstart compared to the other applicants, maybe start searching your first house, consider studying again, or just explore the rest Canada. Canada is really a very big place, it has so much to offer and you'll never run out of things to do.

Patience really is a virtue... and I am also guilty of being impatient. ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for the details ans :)

nirjhar

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2015
rev said:

2) limit the time we spend on these forums because we end up comparing timelines but what we forget is that we don't have the same situations. Manila visa office may be fast but for in Canada applicants, we are already here in Canada so why the rush, besides there will be no immediate significant difference in the change of our lives from a TRV holder to a PR. Unless our work visa is expiring, we don't really have to worry too much. Most of us will reach the finish line, but there is little probability that everyone will reach it at the same time.

3) lastly, to enjoy life as it is. For those out of Canada applicants, spend more quality time with your friends and families while you have enough time because soon you will not have as much opportunity. Research more about living here in Canada and it's a good idea to update your skills, job hunting will be the next hurdle for you guys once you set foot here in Canada. For in canada Applicants, enjoy your work and life here in Canada. We already have a good headstart compared to the other applicants, maybe start searching your first house, consider studying again, or just explore the rest of Canada. Canada is really a very big place, it has so much to offer and you'll never run out of things to do.

Thnx for sharing ur lessons....:)

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Hello,

Just had a quick query... While applying for the bridging open work permit does it matter what option is selected between Work with same employer or Work with new employer if the application is for Open work permit. Irrespective of the option selected, the work permit issued would be Open ? Also is there an issue if we select Work with new employer ?

I received AOR in Aug 2013 and am done with Medicals as well.

Please let me know thanks!

oluwakemi

Jul 17, 2013
how to begin the process

Goodmorning Pals. Please I need you to explain how I would begin the whole application of the canadian visa. I humbly await your humble reponse, thanks!

Forza2013

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2012
Doc's Request.
Police Certificate and Updated Certificate of Employment
Nomination.....
28-03-2013
AOR Received.
01-08-2013
IELTS Request
submitted during the date application filed
Med's Request
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013
LANDED..........
soon!
skMarch31 said:
hey guys..

In my situation, I just called my doctor who administered the medical exams. When my doctor told me when they submitted it through e-med, after 2 days, my status changed to "In Process". My Medical results have been received through ecas.

I guess, you can check with the hospital where you had your medical exams. There might be a chance you need to retake x-ray or need to ask clearance from your cardiologist as what happened to me.

Most importantly,wait patiently. I know everything will be ok with you as well. Have faith! :)

skMarch31

Nov 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Apr 23 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 11 2013
Med's Request
Sept 17 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 27 2013
Forza2013 said:
In my situation, I just called my doctor who administered the medical exams. When my doctor told me when they submitted it through e-med, after 2 days, my status changed to "In Process". My Medical results have been received through ecas.

I guess, you can check with the hospital where you had your medical exams. There might be a chance you need to retake x-ray or need to ask clearance from your cardiologist as what happened to me.

Most importantly,wait patiently. I know everything will be ok with you as well. Have faith! :)
I called the doctors office last office and they said that they had submitted the results on oct 4th.. so i dont know whats going on...

nsapp

Star Member
Aug 28, 2013
skMarch31 said:
I called the doctors office last office and they said that they had submitted the results on oct 4th.. so i dont know whats going on...
Same thing happened to me, I could not see the status updated so I called my Doc's office. They said that the report was sent few days back. I wrote a mail Visa office asking if they can confirm the receipt of Medical reports and Boom... the update was there online next day. It may be a coincidence, but I have read about this few times on forums.

I think the status update at CIC is manual and they are also people, so it does not hurt to just check (in turn) remind them in very polite words.

All the best...

skMarch31

Nov 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Apr 23 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 11 2013
Med's Request
Sept 17 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 27 2013
nsapp said:
Same thing happened to me, I could not see the status updated so I called my Doc's office. They said that the report was sent few days back. I wrote a mail Visa office asking if they can confirm the receipt of Medical reports and Boom... the update was there online next day. It may be a coincidence, but I have read about this few times on forums.

I think the status update at CIC is manual and they are also people, so it does not hurt to just check (in turn) remind them in very polite words.

All the best...
Thanks a lot for your reply.. Can you please let me know what was the email id that you sent the mail to and also if you can share the wording of the email that you had sent.. Thanks a lot..

nsapp

Star Member
Aug 28, 2013
skMarch31 said:
Thanks a lot for your reply.. Can you please let me know what was the email id that you sent the mail to and also if you can share the wording of the email that you had sent.. Thanks a lot..
Email ID
ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

<<Subject Line>>
Query Regarding Appl. No.: EP00XXXXXX & UCI: XXXXXXXX

<<BODY of the message>>
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this mail in regards to my application that you received on MMM DD 2013.
Here is some basic information that might help you find my case:

Application Number : XXXXXXX
UCI Number: XXXXXXX
Name : Your name (Born: Date of birth and country)
Dependants:
Dependant 1 (Born: Date of birth and country)
Dependant 2 (Born: Date of birth and country)

Phone : (XXX) XXX XXXX
Address:
Your address

I have a question reagrding my application - We did our medicals and got confirmation from doctor's office that the results were sent on MMM DD 2013.
Just want to confirm if they were received and if they are OK.

I understand that based on the situation you might not be able to answer my above question, but I would really appreciate if you could kindly help as
much as you can. Please let me know in case you need any other information to track my information and I will be happy to assist.

Thanks and Regards,
Your Name.
(XXX XXX XXXX)

skMarch31

Nov 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Apr 23 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 11 2013
Med's Request
Sept 17 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 27 2013
nsapp said:
Email ID
ottpilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca

<<Subject Line>>
Query Regarding Appl. No.: EP00XXXXXX & UCI: XXXXXXXX

<<BODY of the message>>
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this mail in regards to my application that you received on MMM DD 2013.
Here is some basic information that might help you find my case:

Application Number : XXXXXXX
UCI Number: XXXXXXX
Name : Your name (Born: Date of birth and country)
Dependants:
Dependant 1 (Born: Date of birth and country)
Dependant 2 (Born: Date of birth and country)

Phone : (XXX) XXX XXXX
Address:
Your address

I have a question reagrding my application - We did our medicals and got confirmation from doctor's office that the results were sent on MMM DD 2013.
Just want to confirm if they were received and if they are OK.

I understand that based on the situation you might not be able to answer my above question, but I would really appreciate if you could kindly help as
much as you can. Please let me know in case you need any other information to track my information and I will be happy to assist.

Thanks and Regards,
Your Name.
(XXX XXX XXXX)
Awesome.. Thanks..