16-10-2013
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
Hi CECApplicant13,

when did u sent ur passports and when did u received them back?

Thanks
Ravi

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
mdd2011 said:
Hi Everyone, finally done with the PR landing! I would truly like to thank all of you for posting your experiences (both negative and positive), that answered so many of my questions! My husband and I went to the Carway, AB - Montana border crossing past weekend and completed our landing procedure.

I would also like to share with you all that although everything went well, we were not treated very positively. On the US side, they simply asked if we were there for landing/immigration (so weird, we could also have been going to the US right?), then we were asked to wait inside the office. We waited for about five minutes and got the paper we needed to go back to the Canadian border office – no greetings and no smiles!

Now, when we stopped our car at the Canadian border office, the officer was very rude. Asked us why we were there, why we chose to land there, and whether anyone had advised us to do our landing this way, told us we have to go straight back home if we didn't have all the right documents with us, gave us this yellow paper and asked us to go inside the office. Inside, the officer was not rude, but explained us that they had done about 100 immigration landing that day for people from AB and at least five were sent back as they didn't have the right documents. He explained why landing at the border like this was not recommended, that they were not responsible for doing this kind of stuff, we should have made an appointment with the CIC people in our city, he asked us to inform our friends to not do their landing this way. Since he explained this to us nicely, I have to refrain myself from calling him rude. Next, he asked us to show our passports, CoPRs, and asked our phone number and address to send the PR cards. Note that he didn't ask for anything else :)

Next, we were told to wait in the waiting room, we were there for about five minutes - we had gone there after 5 pm on Saturday so it wasn't busy at all. He called us back, told us we were now PRs, asked for our work permits and shredded them as we wouldn't need them anymore. He asked us to cut and throw away other work/study permits we had at home. And to apply for new SINs. And then we were free to go!

Thank you all again! :D
Congrats for landing :)
I guess CBSA officers are getting really tired of us new immigrants these days! However this is not our fault that CIC does not have proper arrangements for our landing. If you live in another country and recieve your CoPR, you can go for landing immediately. So we want to do the same thing, why should we wait 6-8 weeks before being able to land?!! IMO it is ridiculous. So either CIC needs to have more offices to do landing within our cities or we'll continue the U-Turn process.

mdd2011

Dec 10, 2011
That's so true Ferna, it's not our fault. We are just using an opportunity that's open to us. If they want us to land differently, the border people and CIC should sit down together and figure it out. Anyway, I am just relieved we got it all done. Hoping everyone else will get it done soon too. :D

Mar 17, 2014
sravi_12 said:
Hi CECApplicant13,

when did u sent ur passports and when did u received them back?

Thanks
Ravi
Hi sRavi,

I had sent the passport on the 29th of March(Saturday) and got it back on 4th April!

thanks

CEC_May 13

Mar 19, 2014
cecstatchk said:
Yes, give it time. Get the 2nd notes and then apply for 3rd.
Hi cecstatchk/shirdisai,

I have got my second GCMS notes yesterday and as we discussed earlier, it's the same CD with scanned copies of my documents. I am going to apply for the electronic one now, could you please share the link for applying the GCMS notes just to make sure I am using the correct link.

Thanks

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
Congrats to all who landed recently... i am really so happy and excited to see that many of us are now already PR... Viva MAY 2013 GROUP... ;D ;D ;D

Maza

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_May 13 said:
Hi cecstatchk/shirdisai,

I have got my second GCMS notes yesterday and as we discussed earlier, it's the same CD with scanned copies of my documents. I am going to apply for the electronic one now, could you please share the link for applying the GCMS notes just to make sure I am using the correct link.

Thanks
Here's the link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

Department: Citizenship and Immigration

Category: Individual/corporation present in Canada (this is 2nd question)

After entering email & Information on your behalf there is another selection for Category, choose: Member of Public

How would you prefer to receive the requested record: e-mail

On the 2nd page, Choose

Act: Privacy Act

Type of record: Case Files

What type of information would you like to request? "Notes in Electronic File"

Hope this info helps you

filipinamom

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
i have a question seniors,if you have a representative thus the cic would send your passport back to the agency then the agency would send it to you after being stamped??pls help i been a week since we send our passport havent got i back..

CEC_May 13

Mar 19, 2014
cecstatchk said:
Here's the link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

Department: Citizenship and Immigration

Category: Individual/corporation present in Canada (this is 2nd question)

After entering email & Information on your behalf there is another selection for Category, choose: Member of Public

How would you prefer to receive the requested record: e-mail

On the 2nd page, Choose

Act: Privacy Act

Type of record: Case Files

What type of information would you like to request? "Notes in Electronic File"

Hope this info helps you
Thanks cecstatchk. I am filling the application online as per your inputs. Do I need to attach any documents along with this request.

In my previous request, I had attached a PDF form and Work Permit. Is it required as it is mentioned as optional?

Manjeezy

Jan 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Rprf 16-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with App
File Transfer...
ECAS "Decision Made" on March 23
Med's Request
21-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
24-03-2014 (sent March 25)
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Got my PP yesterday, landed today at Roosville BC/Montana Border Border (I live in Alberta near BC ).

My Experience:
Went to the US/Canada border, US officer asked what the purpose of my visit is, I explained the situation and he said "oh you're flagpoling," I said yes. He told me to park the car and go inside, 10 mins later I got the notice of refusal. Went back to Canada, process with CBSA lasted 10 minutes. Officer said "Congratulations, Welcome to Canada. Life is good!" - it is indeed!

Yay its finally over. Now Im going to be waiting for my PR card! Thank you all for your help, congrats to those who have been approved for PR, and good luck to everyone!

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_May 13 said:
Thanks cecstatchk. I am filling the application online as per your inputs. Do I need to attach any documents along with this request.

In my previous request, I had attached a PDF form and Work Permit. Is it required as it is mentioned as optional?
Sorry I was not able to reply last night, no attachments are required as long as you are requesting information for yourself. I did not provide anything.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
filipinamom said:
i have a question seniors,if you have a representative thus the cic would send your passport back to the agency then the agency would send it to you after being stamped??pls help i been a week since we send our passport havent got i back..
I had a representative for my PR application and my ECAS shows my reps mailing address. But for Passports I sent XPresspost envelope with my home address on it and got the passports back to my home address. If you had given your home address in the return envelope then it should be mailed to you.

In some cases printing Immigration visa and COPR takes time. I would say wait and see.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helo_canada said:
Guys have a question, when the ecas status turns to complete after landing.
It takes couple of days. It changed to Complete for me the 3rd day morning after landing.

filipinamom

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
cecstatchk said:
I had a representative for my PR application and my ECAS shows my reps mailing address. But for Passports I sent XPresspost envelope with my home address on it and got the passports back to my home address. If you had given your home address in the return envelope then it should be mailed to you.

In some cases printing Immigration visa and COPR takes time. I would say wait and see.

thank you sir,,im just kind a worried coz its been a week since we send a passport and my husband send it to the office of his rep.and until now we havent got it back..coz we tought we cant send it to cic only our rep.. wrong move i guess..

thank you again..