Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
So today I'm officially a PR :'(

I got our passports back with the CoPRs at 6:00PM (what's wrong with Canada Post!!!) and drove right away to Prescott and landed there. It still feels like a dream... I'm so tired as I finished work and had the long drive. Thanks to the officers from both sides. They were friendly and didn't even ask for much.

EDIT

I wrote the following in a different post but I thought I would copy it here as well to share my landing experience:

Finally I landed at Prescott today! It was as smooth as a butter. The US side as well as the Canadian side were empty. I drove to the US and told the officer right away that I'm landing. Although we had US visas and that white cards the lasts for 6 months (forgot its name), they still gave us a refusal letter. They said it doesn't affect our future travels and that the Canadian border will need it. I really didn't care much and got everything back and went back to Canada. In Canada I was asked for IDs and I told the lady that we're landing. She gave us a yellow paper and asked us to park and go inside.

No one was there except us. One of the officers called me and I gave him only what he asked for. I gave him the passports and the CoPRs. He started typing and asked me for my address. He didn't even ask for a proof of address but I gave him the driver license just in case. He then asked me for my phone number and to answer the No No questions and signed the CoPRs. There were two copies as you guys know. One with the photo (remember the photos you sent with the application?) to be sent to CIC, and one copy without a photo to stay in your passport until you receive the PR card.

I took our permits out of the passports before I went inside. I kept them with me and thankfully he didn't ask for them. I was never asked for anything at all.

The officer congratulated us and gave us our passport back (yeah, I forgot to tell you that the lady from the US border congratulated us too ::) ).

We left there and went back to Canada with smiley faces :D .

After being in Canada for 10 years, now I can officially call it "home". (although I never felt like a stranger)

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
Congrats... finally... i drove there after work on the same day when i got my passports back... i wish i kept the work permits too.. but she asked for them .. hahaha

Happy for you brother... now u just neeed to relax

Congrats again

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's Received: 14-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
maza said:
Congrats... finally... i drove there after work on the same day when i got my passports back... i wish i kept the work permits too.. but she asked for them .. hahaha

Happy for you brother... now u just neeed to relax

Congrats again
Thanks a lot brother! :) ... See you after 2 years when we apply for the Citizenship inshaAllah! Good luck to you and your family!

msaeti

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
IELTS Request
Filed with application
Med's Request
01-02-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-03-2014
iKhalid said:
So today I'm officially a PR :'(

I got our passports back with the CoPRs at 6:00PM (what's wrong with Canada Post!!!) and drove right away to Prescott and landed there. It still feels like a dream... I'm so tired as I finished work and had the long drive. Thanks to the officers from both sides. They were friendly and didn't even ask for much.

EDIT

I wrote the following in a different post but I thought I would copy it here as well to share my landing experience:

Finally I landed at Prescott today! It was as smooth as a butter. The US side as well as the Canadian side were empty. I drove to the US and told the officer right away that I'm landing. Although we had US visas and that white cards the lasts for 6 months (forgot its name), they still gave us a refusal letter. They said it doesn't affect our future travels and that the Canadian border will need it. I really didn't care much and got everything back and went back to Canada. In Canada I was asked for IDs and I told the lady that we're landing. She gave us a yellow paper and asked us to park and go inside.

No one was there except us. One of the officers called me and I gave him only what he asked for. I gave him the passports and the CoPRs. He started typing and asked me for my address. He didn't even ask for a proof of address but I gave him the driver license just in case. He then asked me for my phone number and to answer the No No questions and signed the CoPRs. There were two copies as you guys know. One with the photo (remember the photos you sent with the application?) to be sent to CIC, and one copy without a photo to stay in your passport until you receive the PR card.

I took our permits out of the passports before I went inside. I kept them with me and thankfully he didn't ask for them. I was never asked for anything at all.

The officer congratulated us and gave us our passport back (yeah, I forgot to tell you that the lady from the US border congratulated us too ::) ).

We left there and went back to Canada with smiley faces :D .

After being in Canada for 10 years, now I can officially call it "home". (although I never felt like a stranger)
Congrats, Finally..... the wait is over :)

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally LANDED today :) at Queenston-Lewiston. It was very easy. The CBSA officer didnt even ask for my Driver's license. Just asked me the address where PR card needs to be sent. I just had a list of "Goods to follow", he signed it then stamped. Thats it, everything was over in 15mins. Cant believe ... I am a Canadian Resident now :)

Good Luck to guys who are waiting and to those who have landed and started a new life.

Thank You to everyone for all the support.

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
msaeti said:
Congrats, Finally..... the wait is over :)
Thanks a lot! Finally ;D

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
cecstatchk said:
Finally LANDED today :) at Queenston-Lewiston. It was very easy. The CBSA officer didnt even ask for my Driver's license. Just asked me the address where PR card needs to be sent. I just had a list of "Goods to follow", he signed it then stamped. Thats it, everything was over in 15mins. Cant believe ... I am a Canadian Resident now :)

Good Luck to guys who are waiting and to those who have landed and started a new life.

Thank You to everyone for all the support.
Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you :)

filipinamom

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Good day..i have a question i hope seniors can answer me

for those who already had their passport back after the ppr my question is how many days it came back you i mean the passport with visa stamp and the CoPR? we already send our passport my husband lives in medicine hat alberta.

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
filipinamom said:
Good day..i have a question i hope seniors can answer me

for those who already had their passport back after the ppr my question is how many days it came back you i mean the passport with visa stamp and the CoPR? we already send our passport my husband lives in medicine hat alberta.

If you attached a return XpressPost envelope then it could take ~5 business days. 2-3 for CIC to send it back + 2-3 for the delivery = 4 - 6 days

msaeti

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
IELTS Request
Filed with application
Med's Request
01-02-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-03-2014
O.K guys now to the next stage :)

How long do you think it takes to get the PR card in the mail & will we be required to provide pictures?

Thanks

Mar 17, 2014
The year long struggle is finally over! :D
Completed the landing yesterday at Carway, Alberta!! It was all too easy! Reached the US Montana border at 12:45 pm...the US officer asked the following questions:-
1. How many people in the car? Ans: two (me and my wife)
2. Where are you going? Ans: We are here for flag-polling.
3. Is this your vehicle? Ans: Yes

Then he took our passports and told me to park the car and wait for the document in the Immigration office.
We had to wait for 4-5 mins before another officer (he was really nice) called us and handed over the passports and the refusal document needed to re-enter Canada.

Drove back to Canada and the lady at the counter greeted us and took the Passports, COPR and the flag-polling documents. She told us to wait in the car as the waiting room was full (at least 12 families were there for landing before me). We stretched our legs, went to the washroom and waited in the car for about 45 mins before the same lady took us to the office. She told us to sign the two copies of COPR, kept the one with the photo and gave us the other copy. Told us that we will get the PR Cards in 6-8 weeks! And that's it...we were good to go!! Easy as pie :)
The bonus: The beautiful landscape along the way...first it was the Canadian Rockies on the right and then the Glacier National Park dominated by the "Chief Mountain"!! Absolutely stunning! Should plan for a visit to Montana next Summer :)

My timeline:
Application Filed: May 17, 2013
AOR: July 7, 2013
Medical request: Jan 28, 2014
Medicals done: Feb 23, 2014
RPRF request: Mar 24, 2014
Passport request: Mar 28, 2014
Landed at Carway, AB: April 05, 2014

mcrider

Apr 6, 2014
Hello May 2013 applicants -- Wanted to share my timeline in case it helps anyone.

I'm applying for Out-of-canada sponsorship (from the US, so visa-exempt)

Application sent: Mid-may 2013
Application received: May 28, 2013
Sponsor approved: June 18, 2013
Medicals, Rental/Lease agreement and FBI Background requested: January 3, 2014
Rental agreement sent: January 6, 2014
Medicals sent: January 20, 2014
RPRF requested/paid: January 24, 2014
*Also requested with the RPRF was proof that my sponsor intends to return to Canada. We submitted cover letters for jobs she had applied for and a letter of intent to return to Canada, as well as a flight itinerary for when we visited Toronto to scope it out.
Background check sent: February 25, 2014 (took 6 weeks to get background check back!)
Status changed to 'In Process': March 18, 2014

eCas currently reads:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 28, 2013.
We started processing your application on March 18, 2014.
Medical results have been received.

Its been a long couple weeks as I expected to be approved a week or so after my status changed to 'in process' but there has been no change since march 18. Hopefully it changes soon so I can get my new life in order...

Thanks to everyone who posts on here, its really a great community.

mdd2011

Dec 10, 2011
Hi Everyone, finally done with the PR landing! I would truly like to thank all of you for posting your experiences (both negative and positive), that answered so many of my questions! My husband and I went to the Carway, AB - Montana border crossing past weekend and completed our landing procedure.

I would also like to share with you all that although everything went well, we were not treated very positively. On the US side, they simply asked if we were there for landing/immigration (so weird, we could also have been going to the US right?), then we were asked to wait inside the office. We waited for about five minutes and got the paper we needed to go back to the Canadian border office – no greetings and no smiles!

Now, when we stopped our car at the Canadian border office, the officer was very rude. Asked us why we were there, why we chose to land there, and whether anyone had advised us to do our landing this way, told us we have to go straight back home if we didn't have all the right documents with us, gave us this yellow paper and asked us to go inside the office. Inside, the officer was not rude, but explained us that they had done about 100 immigration landing that day for people from AB and at least five were sent back as they didn't have the right documents. He explained why landing at the border like this was not recommended, that they were not responsible for doing this kind of stuff, we should have made an appointment with the CIC people in our city, he asked us to inform our friends to not do their landing this way. Since he explained this to us nicely, I have to refrain myself from calling him rude. Next, he asked us to show our passports, CoPRs, and asked our phone number and address to send the PR cards. Note that he didn't ask for anything else :)

Next, we were told to wait in the waiting room, we were there for about five minutes - we had gone there after 5 pm on Saturday so it wasn't busy at all. He called us back, told us we were now PRs, asked for our work permits and shredded them as we wouldn't need them anymore. He asked us to cut and throw away other work/study permits we had at home. And to apply for new SINs. And then we were free to go!

Thank you all again! :D