16-7-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Started process - 3rd Feb 2014
Med's Request
4-2-2013
Med's Done....
6-2-2014, Results transfered by doctor 19th Feb 2014, Medical uploaded 3rd March 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A - Decision Made: 10th March 2014
OMG OMG today goes down as one of my best days ever!!! Today I got my PR :D :D :D :D

After many stressful nights and 9.5 months later the wait has finally come to an end. Thank you to everyone on this forum who has helped me with any question ive had and goo luck to everyone else who is still waiting, your time will come soon xx

Manjeezy

Jan 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Rprf 16-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with App
File Transfer...
ECAS "Decision Made" on March 23
Med's Request
21-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
24-03-2014 (sent March 25)
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
congrats Britgirl!

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
BritGirl2305 said:
OMG OMG today goes down as one of my best days ever!!! Today I got my PR :D :D :D :D

After many stressful nights and 9.5 months later the wait has finally come to an end. Thank you to everyone on this forum who has helped me with any question ive had and goo luck to everyone else who is still waiting, your time will come soon xx
Congrats! 9.5 months is a very good timeline for CEC.
Hope we all get there soon.

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
cecstatchk said:
RCMP or PCC can be requested at any point, it depends on VO. Did you get a chance to email CIC and get confirmation on receipt of your documents ? Can you please share what "Additional Employer details" were requested ?
Hello All,

I work as a contractor for a US based Company and they are located in TEXAS.My direct manager/supervisor Who gave me the employment letter is based in Victoria BC working from home and using his cell phone number to contact all contractors.I was hired by him 2 years ago (oct 2011 - march 2013) to do work in various locations in alberta...we did projects in Edmonton, Fort Mcmurray, red deer and calgary...we have big clients such as SHELL CANADA,FUTURSHOP,ENTERPRISE......ETC.

My manager gets his payments through wire transfers from Flextek (usa) and he pays all contractors via email money transfers.
Visa officer did not find the company on the Internet although the website is available flextekresources.com.

I responded to his request by sending:

1-new headed letter from my manager explaining how the business model works and why he has a home based office and how he pay us via email money transfers
2-Wire transfers coming from Flextek directly to my manager stamped and signed by my manager.
3- bank transfers (email money transfers) sent from my manager to my bank account since day 1 with most than 60,000$
4-more than 200 email threads between me,my manager,Flextek and clients on different projects and multiple clients and location throughout 2011,2012,2013.
5- New contracts with IBM(3 months) SHAW cable systems (2 contracts) since June till now since I am working on my own now.

Is that enough to justify the Visa officer questions?
how long do i have to wait?
will the visa Officer consider my new contracts from march 2013-present?

below is the email i Received from CIC requesting the additional info.

this refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please note that your file is in process and will continue to be processed at the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office. I am writing you this letter to express my concerns regarding your application.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

I have grounds to believe that you have not acquired the work experience you claimed in your application. You provided a letter of employment from your employer FlekTek Global with a heading indicating FlexTek Resources dated January 27, 2013 and signed by XXXXXX. An internet search provided no information regarding either FlekTek or FlexTek resources. In addition the number provided in the employment letter is a cell phone number and the street name and postal code belong to a residential neighborhood,

Before I make my final decision, you may submit additional information or documents relating to the above matter. You have until February 15, 2014 to submit additional information to our office at the address shown below. Please ensure that you quote the file number, indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

You must provide any additional information within thirty days of the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information, a decision will be rendered based on the information available in your application.

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2014 Medical received.: 17-Feb-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014
BritGirl2305 said:

Congratulations BritGirl2305! I am very happy for you.

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
$albert$ said:
Hello All,

I work as a contractor for a US based Company and they are located in TEXAS.My direct manager/supervisor Who gave me the employment letter is based in Victoria BC working from home and using his cell phone number to contact all contractors.I was hired by him 2 years ago (oct 2011 - march 2013) to do work in various locations in alberta...we did projects in Edmonton, Fort Mcmurray, red deer and calgary...we have big clients such as SHELL CANADA,FUTURSHOP,ENTERPRISE......ETC.

My manager gets his payments through wire transfers from Flextek (usa) and he pays all contractors via email money transfers.
Visa officer did not find the company on the Internet although the website is available flextekresources.com.

I responded to his request by sending:

1-new headed letter from my manager explaining how the business model works and why he has a home based office and how he pay us via email money transfers
2-Wire transfers coming from Flextek directly to my manager stamped and signed by my manager.
3- bank transfers (email money transfers) sent from my manager to my bank account since day 1 with most than 60,000$
4-more than 200 email threads between me,my manager,Flextek and clients on different projects and multiple clients and location throughout 2011,2012,2013.
5- New contracts with IBM(3 months) SHAW cable systems (2 contracts) since June till now since I am working on my own now.

Is that enough to justify the Visa officer questions?
how long do i have to wait?
will the visa Officer consider my new contracts from march 2013-present?

below is the email i Received from CIC requesting the additional info.

this refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please note that your file is in process and will continue to be processed at the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office. I am writing you this letter to express my concerns regarding your application.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

I have grounds to believe that you have not acquired the work experience you claimed in your application. You provided a letter of employment from your employer FlekTek Global with a heading indicating FlexTek Resources dated January 27, 2013 and signed by XXXXXX. An internet search provided no information regarding either FlekTek or FlexTek resources. In addition the number provided in the employment letter is a cell phone number and the street name and postal code belong to a residential neighborhood,

Before I make my final decision, you may submit additional information or documents relating to the above matter. You have until February 15, 2014 to submit additional information to our office at the address shown below. Please ensure that you quote the file number, indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

You must provide any additional information within thirty days of the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information, a decision will be rendered based on the information available in your application.
I applied for CEC once in 2012 and they rejected me because I was a contractor and they considered it as self employment. So I am not sure what they would do in your case because you were a contractor as well. I hope they'd accept it.

latin-oh!

Mar 14, 2014
Hello Guys,

Great to check so many great news around, However I have a question:

my passport arrived in cic Ottawa on February 26th 2014, and I still havent got it back...anyone in a similar situation?

thanks!

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
ferna said:
I applied for CEC once in 2012 and they rejected me because I was a contractor and they considered it as self employment. So I am not sure what they would do in your case because you were a contractor as well. I hope they'd accept it.
I WAS NOT INCORPORATED AT THAT TIME, i HAVE GOT INCORPORATED AND OPENED A SMALL BUSINESS ONLY AFTER APPLYING.

WHY WOULD THEY REJECT A CONTRACTOR AS LONG AS YOU GAIN YOUR EXPERIENCE ON CANADIAN SOIL?

WHY WOULD THE REQUEST RCMP FINGER PRINTS BEFORE MEDICAL?
WHY WOULD THEY REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT MY EMPLOYER SINCE THEY ARE GOING TO REJECT?

just to mention i am married to a Canadian lady since April and submitted the marriage certificate to support my case but I chose not apply through sponsorship.

would that help?
it has been more than 11 months now

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
$albert$ said:
I WAS NOT INCORPORATED AT THAT TIME, i HAVE GOT INCORPORATED AND OPENED A SMALL BUSINESS ONLY AFTER APPLYING.

WHY WOULD THEY REJECT A CONTRACTOR AS LONG AS YOU GAIN YOUR EXPERIENCE ON CANADIAN SOIL?

WHY WOULD THE REQUEST RCMP FINGER PRINTS BEFORE MEDICAL?
WHY WOULD THEY REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT MY EMPLOYER SINCE THEY ARE GOING TO REJECT?

just to mention i am married to a Canadian lady since April and submitted the marriage certificate to support my case but I chose not apply through sponsorship.

would that help?
it has been more than 11 months now
I don't think marrying a citizen would help in CEC. I guess if at all possible, apply under sponsorship in your case. But you can wait and see their decision on your CEC. Hopefully it would be different for you. Anyways I was not incorporated either but still they rejected me. After that since I have been an employee for a while, I could reapply and this time they approved my work experience.

anix

Feb 6, 2014
Hello Folks. I just received my CoPR today. Had a question for the experts. The Original and LAst Entry Dates have been incorrectly marked as the same date in the CoPR (which is the Last entry date). My original entry date was in 2010 and last was a couple of months ago when I had been on a 2 week vacation back home. Can this be corrected at the border while landing ? The same mistake has been made for my spouse. Pls help !

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
anix said:
Hello Folks. I just received my CoPR today. Had a question for the experts. The Original and LAst Entry Dates have been incorrectly marked as the same date in the CoPR. My original entry date was in 2010 and last was a couple of months ago when I had been on a 2 week vacation back home. Can this be corrected at the border while landing ? The same mistake has been made for my spouse. Pls help !
You can point that out to the officer during the landing process, no need to worry. Congrats!

Tuarus

May 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
11-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
cecstatchk said:
Hi Tuarus, Did you get RPRF/BIO request?

No harm in ordering GCMS. It might give you a more information on your case.
Haven't received RPRF/BIO request yet, will wait for another week and see..thanks!

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's Received: 14-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
For the people who received their PPR; at what time/day did you receive the email? I'm trying to find a pattern. Thanks!

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
iam_toby said:
You can point that out to the officer during the landing process, no need to worry. Congrats!
i had the same issues but i didnt say anything lol