+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2012 Applications

K

khafinn

It makes sense guys,does not it? If they will refuse our application they might as well not ask us for medicals .....just praying we all get this done soon and put it behind. I know some of us their lives depends on these damn PR.

Arash322

Feb 14, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 11 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 28 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Aug 28 2012 to CPP Ottawa
There has been some discussion about MAY being the worst month to apply.
Well it might be a busy month in terms of number of applicants.
I think those applicants in July/August who received any email from CIC are still behind us. Apparently they have received an email from CIO office (Sydney) which says your application has bee assessed for completeness and eligibility which means they only check if your documents are complete and if your are eligible based on your claims.

The next step is transfer to Ottawa Case Processing Center. We received AORs from this office which makes us ahead. It seems that for a period of couple of months they stopped sending the first email from CIO and now they have started to do this again. I thinks that is the reason we have only received one email from Ottawa. Anyhow, CIC is unpredictable!!!

Cheers

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
It is not a busy month in terms of numbers, far from it.
May is just before June-July, their quota resets on the 1st of July, so May is the month where they are busy finalising older applications so that they can meet their quotas.
Then they go on vacations.
the majority of Canadians go on vacation in the best months of summer and leave work behind for 2 or 3 weeks. then these officers come back to find a pile of applications from may, june and july, and guess what they do? doesn't take a scientist to figure out that they start working on this pile from top to bottom, and May is at the bottom.
look at the figures from Trakitt.com, up till May there is a ton of activity especially Medical requests up to 30 per month. After May medical requests is 3 or 4 per month. Why is that? they met their quota.
May- early June applicants might as well have applied in December-January next year.
People are dying in our countries today, don't think that CIC has invented justice and equality, it is a flawed system like most man made systems.

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
ihabkal said:
It is not a busy month in terms of numbers, far from it.
May is just before June-July, their quota resets on the 1st of July, so May is the month where they are busy finalising older applications so that they can meet their quotas.
Then they go on vacations.
the majority of Canadians go on vacation in the best months of summer and leave work behind for 2 or 3 weeks. then these officers come back to find a pile of applications from may, june and july, and guess what they do? doesn't take a scientist to figure out that they start working on this pile from top to bottom, and May is at the bottom.
look at the figures from Trakitt.com, up till May there is a ton of activity especially Medical requests up to 30 per month. After May medical requests is 3 or 4 per month. Why is that? they met their quota.
May- early June applicants might as well have applied in December-January next year.
People are dying in our countries today, don't think that CIC has invented justice and equality, it is a flawed system like most man made systems.
lol...

Okay so we are friday and I noticed none of this thread has received AOR this week(those who are still expecting).
have a good week end all, and let us hope next week we see something different

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Arash322 said:
There has been some discussion about MAY being the worst month to apply.
Well it might be a busy month in terms of number of applicants.
I think those applicants in July/August who received any email from CIC are still behind us. Apparently they have received an email from CIO office (Sydney) which says your application has bee assessed for completeness and eligibility which means they only check if your documents are complete and if your are eligible based on your claims.

The next step is transfer to Ottawa Case Processing Center. We received AORs from this office which makes us ahead. It seems that for a period of couple of months they stopped sending the first email from CIO and now they have started to do this again. I thinks that is the reason we have only received one email from Ottawa. Anyhow, CIC is unpredictable!!!

Cheers

I don't think that's the case. AOR letters are standard and it doesn't matter if you get them from the visa office or CIO as they only confirm completeness of the application and not eligibility. PERs confirm eligibility but I don't think they send those out any more unless this is what you're referring to.
The process is now streamlined through CIO and with Buffalo closure it makes sense for CIO to send it. The steps are the same everywhere : check for completion, followed by eligibility assessment, medical request, PPR request and then decision.
Anyhow, I hope everyone gets to see some movement on their file soon. Good luck!

Reihz

Sep 16, 2012
Hello everyone on MAY:

I am also a May 14 applicant. Yet, I am already waiting for my PPR. Its been 2 months since I had my medical and my ecas status says Medical result have been received.. I was actually frustrated coz all of my friends from january-march applicant got their PR already. It only take them 3 months for everything.. I am expecting it to be quick on my part but I guess I am wrong. Hopefully I could hear about PPR this month though. Goodluck to all of Us!! :-* :)

abcd123

Aug 5, 2012
Hey Guys,

I sent an email regarding birth of my child in Canada last month. it took a month to get replay from CIC Ottawa .

They told me to send a copy of Birth certificate with Cover Letter. Does anyone have idea what Cover Letter should look like. I know you need Cover Letter to send with you resume when you are applying for a job but this ?

Thanks

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
abcd123 said:
Hey Guys,

I sent an email regarding birth of my child in Canada last month. it took a month to get replay from CIC Ottawa .

They told me to send a copy of Birth certificate with Cover Letter. Does anyone have idea what Cover Letter should look like. I know you need Cover Letter to send with you resume when you are applying for a job but this ?

Thanks
By cover letter, I guess they mean written explanation of what ur sending and why ur sending it. it has to be in a letter format: to whom it may concern etc.

noidea4id

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I received my AOR on September 18th, CPP-O Ottawa office, so count me in!

Good luck for those who are still waiting, hopefully it will come this week!!

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
noidea4id said:
Hi Everyone,

Congrats !! Finally things are moving again..

noidea4id

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MAY 2012 APPLICANTS

Applicants Visa Office App. filed AOR Received Med's Request Passport Req Landed

bigsnail Buffalo May 2 August 14
Islington Buffalo May 3 August 15
ECE May 3 --------
Jean12F May 7 September 5
canadaman2012 May 7 August 16
abcd123 May 7 August 20
Strongflag May 7 August 16
jmm1979 Buffalo May 8 August 22
Khafinn May 8 August 23
Always.Asif Buffalo May 9 August 22
kenji May 9 August 22
Senior Buffalo May 10 August 30
ihabkal (non-CEC) Buffalo May 10 ------
Arash322 May 11 August 28
Velu May 11 September 4
rockyy Buffalo May 14 --------
fagao May 14 --------
PRforCanada May 14 August 27
tkdehs May 14 August 30
new2can New Delhi May 15 --------
waheguruji Delhi May 15 --------
Timati May 16 August 31
tricktt Buffalo May 17 September 4
scsm May 17 August 28
dxplatinium Buffalo May 22 --------
Kozmoj Buffalo May 22 --------
noidea4id Buffalo May 25 September 18
xzjh1985 May mid-late -------

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
noidea4id said:
Hi Everyone,

so you're justafrench from Trakitt? i had "no idea"

Kozmoj

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application package
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
waived, CoPR on 15-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013 at Carway
yosemite said:
Congrats !! Finally things are moving again..
Yes, it sounds great.
Finally, it's moving again.

I just thought that they are stuck due to the investigation of massive citizenship fraud.
I want no more external premises affect our process.

tricktt

Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2012
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-01-2013
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-05-2013
Things got kickstarted again... thank god.... May applicants are getting the AOR's, March applicants started getting the Medicals... Our guy seems to be the same :)