File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
31-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
I didn't put anything extra on the envelope.except delivery and return addresses, I sent it regular post with signature required.

I kept checking ecas with my receipt number and didn't find an account for me, and checked after I received my sponsorship email with the client id and no account at that time either!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the same lazy VO that has @punsapdf's and @dtastoria's applications? JK, I'm sure it will be here before you know it :)
Darque said:
Congrats!!

Where's my approval email?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool. There's something to the saying 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' but boy is it not what people in your situation want to hear, is it? Plus, I think this is only true to a degree. So a good stay in an exotic locale in each other's physical presence would be the magical elixir that makes going back to lonesome waiting just a tad more manageable (or so I presume- I'm fortunate to be in Canada with my husband, we were only separated for a month and a half before I came here to study). My sister in law and her family are going back to Morocco for like a month next month. I'm kinda jealous about that :)

dair2dv8103100 said:
I am contemplating a trip at the end of the year. But because I had 3 weeks off in January for the marriage it is unlikely I will get more time off until next year now. And if I do a trip in between it means I cannot afford to go there and bring him back when he gets his visa :-\. So we have not yet decided how we want to manage this. But I am leaning more and more to a visit end of year or Jan and he can come here alone because I don't think I can wait longer than that...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't put that per se (it wasn't in the instructions), but since I was a little obsessed with the organization of the thing, I did make a "table of contents" of sorts that did include my name and the fact that it was Family Class on each section (parts 1, 2, and 3 - for which I had a sub-table of contents since this is the proof part of the application). BUT - I say do not worry about this because for one, it wasn't in the instructions from what I saw! and two, I think they are a lot more familiar with these forms than we give them credit for. In fact I would be willing to bet that they can look at an application for a few seconds and just seeing the form numbers or some other characteristic know which part of the office it goes to. These people do this day in and day out - they can probably do it in their sleep. So really - even if not having this info front and center does slow down the processing - how much of a slow down do you really think it is? I say negligible.

dair2dv8103100 said:
Now I am a little worried...I can't remember if I put anything like that on the outside....do you think this is really important?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
Cool. There's something to the saying 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' but boy is it not what people in your situation want to hear, is it? Plus, I think this is only true to a degree. So a good stay in an exotic locale in each other's physical presence would be the magical elixir that makes going back to lonesome waiting just a tad more manageable (or so I presume- I'm fortunate to be in Canada with my husband, we were only separated for a month and a half before I came here to study). My sister in law and her family are going back to Morocco for like a month next month. I'm kinda jealous about that :)
Yes, it's true and false at the same time. I get all excited to see him and then while sitting infront of the computer once again I realise there is a very long wait yet and it just kinda kills all the forward momentum we both want so badly to feel. It was 15 months between the last visits and now looking at another 16 months :'( (been 4.5 months already) It brings a wierd sense of relief to know we are not the only ones though... does that make me bad? lol

Seriously...I don't understand God's logic...LOL I really hope there is a big, huge, ginormous rainbow at the end of this tunnel... :p

pdb1

Star Member
May 15, 2011
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2011
AOR Received.
26-July-2011
File Transfer...
07-June-2011
Med's Done....
20-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
4-Oct-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-Oct-2011
LANDED..........
29-Oct-2011
hheather_hh said:
I didn't put anything extra on the envelope.except delivery and return addresses, I sent it regular post with signature required.

I kept checking ecas with my receipt number and didn't find an account for me, and checked after I received my sponsorship email with the client id and no account at that time either!
Are you using client id and sponsor name or applicant name. For me, I am the applicant and I can not log onto ecas but I can log onto ecas using my wife's detail (the sponsor). I hope this helps

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
I didn't put that per se (it wasn't in the instructions), but since I was a little obsessed with the organization of the thing, I did make a "table of contents" of sorts that did include my name and the fact that it was Family Class on each section (parts 1, 2, and 3 - for which I had a sub-table of contents since this is the proof part of the application). BUT - I say do not worry about this because for one, it wasn't in the instructions from what I saw! and two, I think they are a lot more familiar with these forms than we give them credit for. In fact I would be willing to bet that they can look at an application for a few seconds and just seeing the form numbers or some other characteristic know which part of the office it goes to. These people do this day in and day out - they can probably do it in their sleep. So really - even if not having this info front and center does slow down the processing - how much of a slow down do you really think it is? I say negligible.
Good to know...because I just put on there what they said. I did not even think of putting anything else...

I think it will be fine too...

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Well right now because of a medical issue I am on a steroid..... it makes me want to eat everything in sight!!! I am not going to have a choice but to get back to the gym or I am not even going to be able to do the stairs soon !! LOL

Yes, it was a hard decision but I was able to take the time to really get to know myself and what I deserved in that time. I actually loved it when she was little and I was the only parent. I could raise her the way I felt best. Now I have to deal with the father and her coming home with ... "Mum, I hate black and french people." comments on her lips. Or "All Muslims are crazy". Oh yes...there are still people alive and brimming with racism and I have the great "priviledge" of having to reteach my daughter almost on a monthly basis about love and respect for all peoples and religions. (Just one clue to why I am no longer with him)

Oh well, I love my man and he loves me and I am going to hold on to that with both hands desparately.
Big ups to U for teaching Ur daughter the right values in today's crazy society. Im sure U r doing a splendid job! Sometimes I desperately wish I could punch the fast-forward button on life and my daughter could be ten years old. Lord knows I need a break sometimes! Hehe :p
My husband is getting it easy, living like a bachelor. Not for long, I hope. When he joins us, I am so taking a vacation from chores and as much parental responsibilities as I can get away with. LOL. I wish!

Sorry about the medical issue U mentioned. Hope U r doing well, though.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Darque said:
I put our entire application, supporting documents & photos in a box file and clearly labelled the front of the file with a large label saying:

Family Class Immigration
Spouse Application
My Name & His Name
Hmmm. I just labelled the box with the sender and recipient's info. Really, I dont think it makes a difference to do more. I sure hope not. :p

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Darque said:
Congrats!!

Where's my approval email?
Hey Darque, any update?

Comon' time, why drag on so?! CIC, comon' start sending those letters. Plssssssss :'(

If that May 2011 spreadsheet is updated, then where are all the sponsorship approvals that should be on there. :'( :'( :'(

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
spicymum said:
Hey Darque, any update?
I haven't heard anything at all this week, no email or letter yet. Still waiting

hheather_hh

Apr 2, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2011
AOR Received.
17-06-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
31-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
My ecas account was working the day after sponsorship approval using my client id and surname (i'm the sponsor). The next day I got an email from ecas tracker saying I had an account and there is an update; so that website seems to work.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too got the initial email from e-CAS tracker "subject line was: e-CAS Tracker now active" like the next day after my sponsor got the email approving sponsorship. Now today I've gotten my second communication from e-CAS tracker, namely that "e-CAS Tracker case now showing." It says that the latest update is: "We received your application for permanent residence on June 9, 2011."

This would correspond with the part in the sponsorship approval email letter (how about e-letter) about Missassauga forwarding it to Buffalo, if indeed the "we" in that sentence refers to the Buffalo VO. Hopefully this latest development means that an AOR will be the next thing I get from the VO (I'm expecting a one month wait for approval from MICC, which would be the next thing I get, I hope!).

From my (relatively cursory, maybe, but still...) experience around these boards and understanding of this process, I think that the AOR might very well be one of the least understood aspects of the Family Class application and process. I'm not even sure that I'll get one, as not all VO's send one (this is a snail mail letter) and Buffalo has been talked about as one of those not always sending them out (ah, consistency CIC, consistency...). Then what the standard language of the letter is and when it usually comes - I've read responses that run the gamut on that, so I'll reiterate my belief that AOR is up there as the least understood part of this thing.