Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, there is just too much inconsistency within visa offices, let alone between them.
MandyUK said:
Mine went to medical results recieved about 4 days befor it went to in process, so fingers crossed ;D ;D ;D

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
MandyUK said:
Mine went to medical results recieved about 4 days befor it went to in process, so fingers crossed ;D ;D ;D
I concur with what ddobro2 said, way to many differences within offices. London updated eCAS saying medicals were received in June and changed to in process in August.. go figure :)

Good luck though!! :-*

In other news, our flights from London to Montreal are booked. Just need to wait till the 18 Dec when we finally land and my husband officially becomes a PR. Looking forward to a nice 3 week christmas/new year holiday with my family who I haven't seen in a few years :D

First stop will be Tim Hortons for coffee & donut! and then a nice big fat poutine with a can of spruce beer!! :p

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
MandyUK said:
That's just it... my ecas updated in Sept to say Application in process Aug 16...... then the "in process" part was suddenly gone one day and has never been posted since.

The only change since early Sept is now. So... I am not getting my hopes up. It says up to 8 months for Rabat and that is only 80% of applications... and with the way things are looking in the morocco thread lately ... I am not going to even think about getting excited until he actually has the visa in his hand... till then... I am just another lonely woman in this forum waiting for her husband.... :'(

mister_h

Nov 22, 2010
Finally got the passport back after almost a month! Now I have another question. According to the papers we received, my spouse isn't allowed to leave Canada until she receives her PR card unless she applies for a PR travel abroad form?

Does this mean that if we go to a port of entry to do her landing, she won't be able to leave Canada to grab her stuff in the US and come back until she gets her card?

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
Hi Mister_h.. Just a quick question... was the passport sent to Canada From London? So it took almost a month to get it back? I sent my passport on the 12th November from Dublin just trying to think how long I cud be waiting... thanks

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His last post before this says it was sent from Toronto October 26th.
vic.aj said:
Hi Mister_h.. Just a quick question... was the passport sent to Canada From London? So it took almost a month to get it back? I sent my passport on the 12th November from Dublin just trying to think how long I cud be waiting... thanks

mister_h

Nov 22, 2010
Yep, it was mailed from Toronto Canada to Buffalo USA.

I wanted to clarify my previous question. We're planning on doing the landing this weekend in Buffalo, and after that head back home to Toronto. In a couple of weeks, my spouse would like to return to the US by car to pick up her belongings and drive them back to Canada. I understand that at this point we wouldn't have her PR card yet. Will she be able to enter Canada without the PR card?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The PR card is just proof that one is a permanent resident. The COPR in her passport actually proves that she landed, so in that sense it's more important given that she is traveling via car and not commercial transport, which would be more of an issue. The PR card arrives about 45 days after landing (you apply for it right then and there during the landing process, from what I understand), so if you're really concerned, you can always wait to make the trip to the U.S. for the belongings about a month later, but I'm sure that the COPR is just fine if she is driving and not flying.
mister_h said:

I wanted to clarify my previous question. We're planning on doing the landing this weekend in Buffalo, and after that head back home to Toronto. In a couple of weeks, my spouse would like to return to the US by car to pick up her belongings and drive them back to Canada. I understand that at this point we wouldn't have her PR card yet. Will she be able to enter Canada without the PR card?

mister_h

Nov 22, 2010
Is there a time limit on moving her belongings to Canada after she has landed? We went to the CBSA website as directed in the letter accompanying her passport/VISA, but we couldn't find anything specifically about bringing goods for residents that are landing.

jstnmlr

May 29, 2011
Las Vegas Nevada USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
10-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
planned Jan 20, 2012
mister_h said:
Is there a time limit on moving her belongings to Canada after she has landed? We went to the CBSA website as directed in the letter accompanying her passport/VISA, but we couldn't find anything specifically about bringing goods for residents that are landing.
Form what I've read elsewhere on this forum it doesn't have a time limit and you don't have to bring it all in on trip either. they just update your form with what has come in and what hasn't.

Merik

Sep 10, 2010
Sanford North Carolina
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-06-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-06-2011
Med's Request
09-09-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2012 (Planned)
Passport received in the mail today, Visa was issued 11-11-2011 lol, Apparently priority mail isn't a top priority i guess. It is in my hand now anyway, Planned landing date is February 4th. I'll be there in time for my sons birthday!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This happened to another person in the Buffalo thread (doctorkb). At least you're in the home stretch now. I'm curious to see how the new policy change beginning tomorrow (no more PPRs for visa exempt countries) will affect people.
Merik said:
Passport received in the mail today, Visa was issued 11-11-2011 lol, Apparently priority mail isn't a top priority i guess. It is in my hand now anyway, Planned landing date is February 4th. I'll be there in time for my sons birthday!

jstnmlr

May 29, 2011
Las Vegas Nevada USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
10-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
planned Jan 20, 2012
ddobro2 said:
I'm curious to see how the new policy change beginning tomorrow (no more PPRs for visa exempt countries) will affect people.
In theory it's fantastic imo. I wonder if it came about from people at CIC looking for a way to make their processing times look better. I also wonder if some of the people that might do PPRs full time will transfer over to looking at apps... If they even do it full time, though i assume they would.

theachrissy

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
CPT , South Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/03/2011
File Transfer...
24/06/2011
Med's Request
29/04/2011
Med's Done....
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
13/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011 received back with DHL 3/1/12
LANDED..........
08/02/2012
Hello maybies its been long...

I got a call from Pretoria Visa Office( my VO) yesterday , PPR , they said that I can now send my passport so that they issue my visa :D yeeeeeeyyyyyyy!!!!!!

I sent it today via DHL !!!!

Goodluck you all.....

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mister_h said:

We landed in Toronto, and I just wanted to share that on my husbands COPR it says at the bottom "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" and I asked the lady if we could go to the US that first weekend of him being in Canada and she said No, he cannot cross the border until he gets his PR card, the COPR is not a travel document..once he gets his PR card then he may. I am not sure if you go with the Car, but I am just sharing what she told me... It could be because we landed via plane, but It also doesn't have to be so.