Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indeed! Hope we can get another oldie crossed off on the list next week :D
janyte said:
Hoping you can add a PPR request to the timeline soon. The e-cas email came later today saying the decision made statement (which had been there since yesterday:) Fingers crossed that we're moving home!

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
Huge congrats to ddobro2 and British_Bulldog !! YAY! ;D

It's been a long time coming for you two.

Hopefully Dair will get some love and good news soon too! :-*

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks dear :)
Darque said:
Huge congrats to ddobro2 and British_Bulldog !! YAY! ;D

It's been a long time coming for you two.

Robyn

Apr 22, 2011
Guangzhou China
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
File Transfer...
06-09-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-09-2012
Hi everyone

Congrats to all who have either been approved or have already landed.

So we still have not heard anything about our application in Hong Kong other than our application was recieved as well as medical results.

I just found out that I am pregnant(super happy and excited)and really want to send a letter to them explaining our situation. We are living in China together with our 15 month old and I really want to give birth in Canada but then my husband would not be able to come.

Do you guys think it is worth a try or just forget it and let them do their own thing??

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Robyn said:
Hi everyone

So we still have not heard anything about our application in Hong Kong other than our application was recieved as well as medical results.

I just found out that I am pregnant(super happy and excited)and really want to send a letter to them explaining our situation. We are living in China together with our 15 month old and I really want to give birth in Canada but then my husband would not be able to come.

Do you guys think it is worth a try or just forget it and let them do their own thing??
Congratulations on your good news!!

Unfortunately being pregnant does not speed anything up. You of course are welcome to let them know of your circumstances but it won't make a difference in terms of the process itself.

Good luck!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hong Kong.....that's up to 19 d*mn long months, right? I really don't know why they take that long when Beijing takes 5 or less ::) As the starter of our thread here, we'll have our fingers crossed for you. I would consider contacting your MP and asking them to inquire with Hong Kong about the status of the file and the fact that you're pregnant. Are you in Canada right now? No, being pregnant does not guarantee anything will change but it's possible it can have some influence. My husband knows of a case where a Canadian (native of Morocco) was sponsoring his wife from the U.S. She was late into her pregnancy and after the sponsor told the visa office that she really needed to have her papers before she could give birth, they got PPR soon thereafter (they had applied far enough back to make this feasible for the VO, I presume) and she was able to get covered by health insurance for the delivery. In any case, congratulations on the baby to come!
Robyn said:
Hi everyone

malirca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Miami, FL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
AOR Received.
July 7, 2011 stating application received in VO June 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
04-04-2011 Redone Sept. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
Hoping to be As Soon as Possible :)
Hey all,

well i have been missing forever.
Glad to see so many people have gotten approved already.
I can't take this wait anymore and I got some not happy news.
So supposedly VO sent an email to my spouse on Dec. 27 (he did not receive), which i only just found out because i emailed asking for the status and they said this to me.
They sent it again and its asking for police certificates and that they must be sent 30days since date of letter.
Obviously i am past the 30 days.
Is there a reason why they ask for them again, I sent them with the original package.
My predicament, these police records can take up to 3 months...

How will this affect the application?

Help! if anyone has any guidance on this its greatly appreciated.

thanks a bunch.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are they asking for police certificates for a different country? If not, were the certificates for the country or countries you submitted them for more than 3 months old by the time you mailed the application to Mississauga?
malirca said:
Hey all,

well i have been missing forever.
Glad to see so many people have gotten approved already.
I can't take this wait anymore and I got some not happy news.
So supposedly VO sent an email to my spouse on Dec. 27 (he did not receive), which i only just found out because i emailed asking for the status and they said this to me.
They sent it again and its asking for police certificates and that they must be sent 30days since date of letter.
Obviously i am past the 30 days.
Is there a reason why they ask for them again, I sent them with the original package.
My predicament, these police records can take up to 3 months...

How will this affect the application?

Help! if anyone has any guidance on this its greatly appreciated.

thanks a bunch.

malirca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Miami, FL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
AOR Received.
July 7, 2011 stating application received in VO June 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
04-04-2011 Redone Sept. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
Hoping to be As Soon as Possible :)
No police certificates were within the 3 months.
for the 2 countries he's lived in. Is the 3 months from date received in canada or date received in the visa office?
and they are also asking one for his kid who when we sent the application was under 18, but is obviously 18 now....
how does this 30day limit affect the application?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If CIC receives the certificates at the first stage, i.e. Case Processing Centre-Mississauga, within 3 months of the date written on the certificates, it should NOT be considered expired. Just as a reminder, the certs have to be for those countries that the applicant lived in for 6 or more consecutive months since the age of 18. As far as the issue with the dependant accompanying the principal applicant, CIC's own instructions say, "If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country." So I have no idea why your visa office is splitting hairs about this - he was technically exempted from such records (unless the "16 years old in certain jurisdictions" provision applies to him but I have no idea what those jurisdictions are) at the time the application was filed. Also I'm not sure why they claim you need to provide documents you already provided. Hopefully you made a copy of your application, including the original police certificates, before you mailed it in. Send them a letter explaining that the original police clearances had been submitted at the time of filing and enclose the two copies. I'm thinking they misplaced it or something. Wow, I guess it's not just Buffalo that's incompetent. As far as the time limit they gave you, I believe the language was something to the effect of, "if we do not receive these documents or an explanation from you within 30 days, we will assume you are not interested in continuing with the application." So as long as you communicate with them (and I suggest to follow up to confirm receipt and think about sending an inquiry through your MP), you'll be fine.

malirca said:
No police certificates were within the 3 months.
for the 2 countries he's lived in. Is the 3 months from date received in canada or date received in the visa office?
and they are also asking one for his kid who when we sent the application was under 18, but is obviously 18 now....
how does this 30day limit affect the application?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Darque said:
Ohhh, I hope to find out soon if this is going anywhere or not. There have been some difficult situations in my life recently that have made this a make or break deal. Sadly, if this doesn't work I am afraid it will the last of my ability to attempt this.

I have spent many nights crying over everything and trying to figure out what I can do and unfortunately I am just not able to find another solution at this point. So I am desperately waiting to see if I am going to have my husband here or not so that I can plan my next stage of life.

It has been a very difficult couple of months to say the least.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't cry, Dair. God doesn't give people heavier loads than they are able to carry. Everything in life is a learning experience.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Ohhh, I hope to find out soon if this is going anywhere or not. There have been some difficult situations in my life recently that have made this a make or break deal. Sadly, if this doesn't work I am afraid it will the last of my ability to attempt this.

I have spent many nights crying over everything and trying to figure out what I can do and unfortunately I am just not able to find another solution at this point. So I am desperately waiting to see if I am going to have my husband here or not so that I can plan my next stage of life.

It has been a very difficult couple of months to say the least.

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
Failed at the last hurdle... received a letter today to say that the PR card photos were rejected :(

We just want to cross that finish line!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seriously? I was kinda worried about this as well (took my own photos and used a website to get to immigration size), particularly because my husband who had immigrated earlier kept talking about how they might not accept them (this happened to him). But my border agent when I was landing said that they look good and she'd be surprised to see if they were rejected. But I haven't gotten my PR card yet so we'll see. Did the letter say the reason they were rejected?
Darque said:
Failed at the last hurdle... received a letter today to say that the PR card photos were rejected :(

We just want to cross that finish line!!