+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**** MAY 2010 APPLICANTS ****

candyboy

Oct 1, 2012
Hi guys!
I think that this is the most frequent question with no definite answer. Are stocks considered as settlement fund at later stages before passport request? Some people say that it is volatile asset but even if you show your bank account you may use it up say buying a new car to replace your crashed car at any time or the bank can go to bankruptcy. So they are sorta volatile too. what do you think?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
candyboy said:
Hi guys!
I think that this is the most frequent question with no definite answer. Are stocks considered as settlement fund at later stages before passport request? Some people say that it is volatile asset but even if you show your bank account you may use it up say buying a new car to replace your crashed car at any time or the bank can go to bankruptcy. So they are sorta volatile too. what do you think?
I disagree that a bank account can be described as volatile. If the owner of the account lacks discipline to keep the required funds in the account then a short term deposit might help. The volatility could come from currency fluctuations, so it is wise to have a little extra. The point of the Funds is to have a buffer upon arrival until the pay cheques start. Having those funds available to you without any incumberances is as much a part of the FSW stream as proving the minimum one year of full time employment in one of the demand occupations in the NOC list. If one is unfortunate enough to have your bank collapse, I doubt CIC would waive the requirement to prove funds at any point in the process. I don't know about other countries, but Canadian banks insure funds up to $100,000 which would protect the Funds. Good luck.

candyboy

Oct 1, 2012
Pippin said:
I disagree that a bank account can be described as volatile. If the owner of the account lacks discipline to keep the required funds in the account then a short term deposit might help. The volatility could come from currency fluctuations, so it is wise to have a little extra. The point of the Funds is to have a buffer upon arrival until the pay cheques start. Having those funds available to you without any incumberances is as much a part of the FSW stream as proving the minimum one year of full time employment in one of the demand occupations in the NOC list. If one is unfortunate enough to have your bank collapse, I doubt CIC would waive the requirement to prove funds at any point in the process. I don't know about other countries, but Canadian banks insure funds up to $100,000 which would protect the Funds. Good luck.
Hi Pippin! I still did not get my answer from your reply. Can cashable stocks be replaced by bank account few month before passport request?

I know that CIC never waives the settlement fund requirement and they do ask people at the port of entry to show their bank account (or cash) with proofs which show that the money is actually for the FSW applicant. They ask for 3-6 month history of the applicant's account for sure! In some countries currency fluctuation is way beyond control and no one can cover that with only have a little extra. but some assets get higher values when as the currency drops.

The CIC website does not clearly state that if stocks are acceptable as settlement funds.

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Hi You can show stock or mutual funds as balance. You can also show valuation of GOLD with you. prove your genuiness and you will be getting visa.
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.
These funds could be in the form of:
•cash
•documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
•documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

candyboy said:
Hi Pippin! I still did not get my answer from your reply. Can cashable stocks be replaced by bank account few month before passport request?

I know that CIC never waives the settlement fund requirement and they do ask people at the port of entry to show their bank account (or cash) with proofs which show that the money is actually for the FSW applicant. They ask for 3-6 month history of the applicant's account for sure! In some countries currency fluctuation is way beyond control and no one can cover that with only have a little extra. but some assets get higher values when as the currency drops.

The CIC website does not clearly state that if stocks are acceptable as settlement funds.

jaydeepdave

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-09-2010
Guys,

No medical or VISA to anyone? no news? where r all??

What is happening at VO? suddenly it seems everything has stopped..... where r u all????

candyboy

Oct 1, 2012
paritosh said:
Hi You can show stock or mutual funds as balance. You can also show valuation of GOLD with you. prove your genuiness and you will be getting visa.
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.
These funds could be in the form of:
•cash
•documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
•documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).
Thank you Paritosh. Really helpful.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
candyboy said:

Have done some more research in older forum posts and you might find the following link discussion of POF interesting. Good luck. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-requirements-explained-t45043.0.html

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello everyone

My ticket is in september for toronto. Can i extend my ticket? I hve to take my dental treatment for 20-25days .Wht extra charge i have to pay? Do thy charge for cancellation? Hw much? My date is 17sep

dskairon

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR 28/01/2011
IELTS Request
Already Sent with Doc's
File Transfer...
In process from 2nd May 2012
Med's Request
05/07/2013
Med's Done....
16/08/2013
Interview........
not recd.
Passport Req..
05/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not recd.
LANDED..........
Waiting ....
yes the tickets are generally extendible with payment of some extra charges if you have landing time available

further what NOC to mention in new forms to be updated with cic mine old one was 4121 or 2011 NOC?

hopeforfuture

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 May 2010
Med's Request
22 April 2013
Med's Done....
medicals expired May 2014 extended till May 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 10,2015
LANDED..........
hopefully mid March
Hi all
Need some advice if possible
I did my medicals in april 2013 and medical line added on may 10 and sent all the updated documents and recieved by PVO on 23/06 sent them email on 23/7 and answered that my file is undergoing security check which might take between several weeks and severla months. I am residing in Saudiarabia for the last 14 years and my only travels is a yearly vacation to Beirut.
I am so worried now becoz I have 3 kids that will start school in september and it is very costy here ( almost 9000 $)for the first semster nonrefundable. And if they do not start by mid of sept they lose their places,Do u think i should wait and catch schools in Canada or there will be stiil a lot of time until i got passport requests?
I am ready to move anytime they stamp the visas.
Everyone's opinion is highly appreciated.

jaydeepdave

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-09-2010
Hello seniors,

Pl. Tell me is it necessary to take pcc from psk (passport seva kendra)... in my case, I took it from comissioner office which they call it police verification (pvc) and not pcc. Big thing is that it was in gujarati. Regional language.

Can somebody pl. Tell me then what now? I m worried now as I sent all docs. With passports to ndvo. Wht should I do now?

Pl. Reply.

sunnysport

Aug 10, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2010
Doc's Request.
09-11-2010 DOCs submitted
AOR Received.
28-09-2010 & 2nd AOR on the 20/12/2010
File Transfer...
In Process : May 31, 2012.
Med's Request
31 May 2013
Med's Done....
Submitted Med and PP on 02 July 2013
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS 02 Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 Oct 2013
jaydeepdave said:
Hello seniors,

Pl. Tell me is it necessary to take pcc from psk (passport seva kendra)... in my case, I took it from comissioner office which they call it police verification (pvc) and not pcc. Big thing is that it was in gujarati. Regional language.

Can somebody pl. Tell me then what now? I m worried now as I sent all docs. With passports to ndvo. Wht should I do now?

Pl. Reply.
It is not mandatory to get it from psk, but it is mandatory to attach a translation in English if the same is in regional language.

Now that you have already sent it than please make amends and send an official translation with a followup letter. Clearly mentioning the file no and date of receipt.

Sunnysport

jaydeepdave

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-09-2010
sunnysport said:
It is not mandatory to get it from psk, but it is mandatory to attach a translation in English if the same is in regional language.

Now that you have already sent it than please make amends and send an official translation with a followup letter. Clearly mentioning the file no and date of receipt.

Sunnysport
Thank you so much Sunnysport,

I have checked, it was my mistake. it is in English only... I m relieved now. I got tensed for a moment. BTW, pl. let me know when you get anything from VO in your case.

Urs and my timeline are same...

sunnysport

Aug 10, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2010
Doc's Request.
09-11-2010 DOCs submitted
AOR Received.
28-09-2010 & 2nd AOR on the 20/12/2010
File Transfer...
In Process : May 31, 2012.
Med's Request
31 May 2013
Med's Done....
Submitted Med and PP on 02 July 2013
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS 02 Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 Oct 2013
jaydeepdave said:
Thank you so much Sunnysport,

I have checked, it was my mistake. it is in English only... I m relieved now. I got tensed for a moment. BTW, pl. let me know when you get anything from VO in your case.

Urs and my timeline are same...
sure will keep posted.

Sunny

RSD123

Jul 5, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Review complete : 22-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
04-Sept-2013
Hi... I just saw your post. Looks like yours and mine caips notes are almost same. Mine criminality is valid upto may 2014. Although I'm 25 June applicant.
Did you get your MR yet.