+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

maximum wait time for FBI prints

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hey all!!

Now I have a question for those that have already gone through FBI fingerprint process and have already receive them back.

Do you know what is the maximum time for the FBI’s background checking? I know that it usually takes from 10 to 12 weeks. Dummy question but still valid.

It's just I am a little bit nervous since my background check is almost over the 12th week so far.

Regards
Eduardo

khaidrah

Nov 28, 2006
USA
I guess it takes 4 to 6 weeks to receive the FBI report. As far as know couple of friends and even mine and my wife's FBI report was received on 6th week.

nsnewbie

Aug 18, 2006
Why not ask the FBI? They have an email address specifically for asking about the record requests: do@leo.gov I actually got a response from a real person in only a day or two and they went and found my request and told me when to expect it. If you're getting past the stated maximum time it might be worth checking...

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi nsnewbie

Thanks a lot my friend, I have already done it last night after searching through the FBI web page, let’s see if they respond back to my query soon

My time line is very close, I have one more checking left to do after FBI receipted, it is the background checking from my home country.

Regards
Eduardo

Ozzie

Star Member
Aug 3, 2006
USA
Well I'am still waiting! lets see my receipt date from FBI is Nov 6th, 2006.. so i guess i still some wait tiem left ..... but hey these agencies are unpredictble.. they'll surprise you when you're least expecting....

Good luck eduardo...........

Chao

dacoru

Feb 24, 2006
For me it took 12 weeks flat. Don't worry you will receive it soon.
If you want you can call them, and they will give your File #, then send an e-mail, and they will tell you when to expect your background.

KarenT

May 11, 2006
Peterborough, Ontario
Make sure you write your deadline on the envelope and the request letter. We did, and got our result back in only 8 days!! We were amazed. I'm not saying this will be the same for everyone, but they do say they will try to meet the deadline you give.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
hey my friends

I have received an email from the FBI, telling me that my background checking is in process and I may expect 5 Weeks in order to receive my results

I guess I have to Ask for an extension of time to the Canadian Embassy

this is all my news...

regards
Eduardo

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
Eduardo, I suggest to inform CIC NOW about your FBI. Don't wait for the due date or it might cause some problems. Goodluck.

Sep 30, 2006
Guys,

It's been more than 12 weeks since I have applied for FBI clearance. I just went through this disscusion over FBI clearance and wondering if someone could provide me email address, phone number to contact FBI office so, I can locate my file # and status??

Do they have any website where I can find some information about all this stuff as well?

Sharad

nsnewbie

Aug 18, 2006
Check out their FAQ for record requests:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/faqs.html

If you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a link for "Other questions related to this process" which has the email address for status queries. They do respond to email questions.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hey Ladies and Gentlemen

At last, after 17 weeks of waiting I have received the FBI results, it was a very long and so stressfully for my time line

So, I will fly right away to Mexico City in order to deliver it along with the Mexican police at the Canadian Embassy (CIC)

Cheers my friends!!!
Eduardo