+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Max number of co-ops/internship allowed?

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Hi,

I'm currently doing my third co-op term which ends on April 2014. I'll be taking the summer off as the courses are not offered and I intend to find another co-op/internship for summer, so my question is how many co-ops/internship is one allowed to take?

I've been reading the cic site which states that "Your co-op or internship employment cannot form more than 50% (percent) of the total program of study." Since I'm doing a three year co-op(total 6 semesters of study and 3 semesters of co-op) program, does it mean I'm eligible to do another co-op/internship before resuming my studies?

Also I've read somewhere that an international student can only do a max of 3 co-op/internship because this three year program is a special scenario.

I'm studying a 3 year Software Engineering co-op program. Any answers will be much appreciated.

Another question : If it's true that I can only do a max of 3 co-ops, am I still allowed to work full-time as a "student" status using my off-campus work-permit since I'm taking the semester off?

Thanks.