+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters Program in Canada

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Hello all,

My friend is a doctor back home and wants to pursue a Post graduate diploma in health care management in Canada. He is concerned if this program will be helpful in the visa process, i have heard sometimes visas were refused if the courses are not related.

Please advise.

Thank you for your help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

My friend is a doctor back home and wants to pursue a Post graduate diploma in health care management in Canada. He is concerned if this program will be helpful in the visa process, i have heard sometimes visas were refused if the courses are not related.

Please advise.

Thank you for your help.
All the consultants seem to recommend students apply for a college diploma in healthcare management. This would only be relevent if staying in Canada and is really meant for office staff of a healthcare professional so not really relevant for the healthcare professional. It screams I am not a genuine student I am trying to immigrate. Assume your friend has also researched how difficult it is for IMGs to get relicensed in Canada and that most don’t so they should at least do a masters in something that will lead to employment. Would not recommend public health.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Thank you for your reply and your input. You said would not recommend public health, did you mean would recommend?

So if he applies for the health care management chance of getting visa is low? Please advise.

Thank you again.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
It is always difficult for healthcare professionals to come to Canada for various reasons. I know two examples:

1. A friend who's a dentist from a Latin American country. She applied to that healthcare management program for the first time in Conestoga and got denied. She then applied to a different college and got denied. She hired an immigration lawyer for the third time and got denied. She finally made a last try with a different program (Digital Health) and finally got approval. Of 4 applications, 3 rejected.

2. A friend who's a Pediatrician from a Latin American country. She applied to the same healthcare management program and got approved. She's now studying, and working as a HSW.

The second case might be of the few lucky ones. Your friend could try to apply and make a really strong SOP, but the risk of refusal is really high.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Thank you for.input
When you say denied in the first case for three times, denied from college or visa?