+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

masters in computer science

JASMIN1992

Jul 27, 2014
Profile:
10th-85%
12th-73.6%
B.Tech Computer Science engineering- 74.74% (2014 passout with 0 backlogs)
Ielts- 7.5 (not less than 6 in each module)
work exp- 0yrs
After june 2014 i started giving exams for govt job (bank etc.) and could not get through those exams. So now I want to pursue my further study in Canada. Should i opt for Masters (MSc or Meng) in Computer Science Engineering or pg diploma according to my profile and gap years.
Are there any good universities which have jan intake? Or trying for sept 2016 would affect my visa?
which course would be much better for my career in terms of job opportunities and pr. please recommend good universities.

singh0092

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Calgary, AB, Canada
JASMIN1992 said:
Profile:
10th-85%
12th-73.6%
B.Tech Computer Science engineering- 74.74% (2014 passout with 0 backlogs)
Ielts- 7.5 (not less than 6 in each module)
work exp- 0yrs
After june 2014 i started giving exams for govt job (bank etc.) and could not get through those exams. So now I want to pursue my further study in Canada. Should i opt for Masters (MSc or Meng) in Computer Science Engineering or pg diploma according to my profile and gap years.
Are there any good universities which have jan intake? Or trying for sept 2016 would affect my visa?
which course would be much better for my career in terms of job opportunities and pr. please recommend good universities.

our profiles are almost similar regardless percentage. I am going to concordia university of edmonton for fall 2015 intake. I choose Master of information systems security,which is offered by only concordia university.If you are interested in security,networking web security etc you can choose this Masters program.its research based. In case of computer science there are so few colleges/universities offering masters program like m.eng. most of em are offering Msc in comp science. First of all find the field you are crazy about and then search program related to it.

JASMIN1992

Jul 27, 2014
thank you for your suggestion singh0092
As u have chosen Information Systems Security (MASc) which is research based, did u presented ur research topic to the supervisor? and did u do any research in ur undergrad? Because i think for research program one needs to have strong research background. Can u plz share ur profile.
Thank you

singh0092

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Calgary, AB, Canada
JASMIN1992 said:
thank you for your suggestion singh0092
As u have chosen Information Systems Security (MASc) which is research based, did u presented ur research topic to the supervisor? and did u do any research in ur undergrad? Because i think for research program one needs to have strong research background. Can u plz share ur profile.
Thank you
you dont need strong research back ground.If I would have this then i think i don't need to choose research in my future.In my opinion you just need strong intentions and confidence and choose field as per your interest,not just to take admission.
By the way I will chose research work in 2nd year.Its not Msc. research is on subject basis.the subjects i am going to study in 1st year are base of my reasearch and I can choose any of those subjects to make myself expert in field.moreover if i become succesfull in research ,then how about $80000 per year in start ??