Masters in computer science after PR

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,
I am a software engineer, and really wanted to do masters (Probably with Research) in computer science or relevant fields. Just wondering, how would I even go and do that. My undergraduate scores were very poor. Also I have just 15 years of education from outside Canada and 2 years of Post-Grad diploma. It seems like my path forward, is to just go and apply for bachelors with credit transfer from any university, and then apply for masters later?
Does anyone knows, who I can talk to, so I can sort my career/education?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am a software engineer, and really wanted to do masters (Probably with Research) in computer science or relevant fields. Just wondering, how would I even go and do that. My undergraduate scores were very poor. Also I have just 15 years of education from outside Canada and 2 years of Post-Grad diploma. It seems like my path forward, is to just go and apply for bachelors with credit transfer from any university, and then apply for masters later?
Does anyone knows, who I can talk to, so I can sort my career/education?
Unclear if you already have a 4 year undergrad. If you don’t would take at least a year of undergrad courses and hopefully raise your GPA. Your area of research and any work you may have done in the field will likely have quite an impact on. whether you get accepted especially if your undergrad is quite old.

• Sad
Reactions: pulkitkumar190

JoshuaFraser

Oct 9, 2022
If you are a software engineer with 15 years of education and want to do masters in computer science, you may be eligible for the domestic fee exemption.

The domestic fee exemption is only available to Canadian citizens or permanent residents with a degree from a Canadian institution. This means that if you are from outside Canada, it will not be possible for you to get the exemptions.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are a software engineer with 15 years of education and want to do masters in computer science, you may be eligible for the domestic fee exemption.

The domestic fee exemption is only available to Canadian citizens or permanent residents with a degree from a Canadian institution. This means that if you are from outside Canada, it will not be possible for you to get the exemptions.
It’s not an exception you just qualify for domestic fees as a PR or citizen.