CanadianDream2015EE

Aug 5, 2015
middle east
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Is it true that I need to have 17 years of full time study in order to claim "master's degree"?
What if I got my master in year an a half? Can I claim it and declare full time work at the same time?

WES om my ECA I have 4 year for my BA (was 3 years) and Masters 2 years (was 1.5)
my question is about EE not FSW.

many thanks

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
I believe WES looks at the official program length, and not how soon you finished it. You might have been an excellent student and finished earlier than anticipated. Therefore, I would input the number of years on WES report for each program, not how long it took you.

I also finished my 2 year masters in 1.5 years and still got it assessed as masters (2 years). I inputted 2 years as my length of study in EE. Later, post ITA you can specify exact dates in your personal history.

CanadianDream2015EE

Aug 5, 2015
middle east
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
I believe WES looks at the official program length, and not how soon you finished it. You might have been an excellent student and finished earlier than anticipated. Therefore, I would input the number of years on WES report for each program, not how long it took you.

I also finished my 2 year masters in 1.5 years and still got it assessed as masters (2 years). I inputted 2 years as my length of study in EE. Later, post ITA you can specify exact dates in your personal history.
Did you get ITA? Did it work for you?

Can_US

Star Member
May 7, 2015
CanadianDream2015EE said:
MSC in Management, Finance and Accounting
Thks buddy.

Let us know results of your ECA from WES bcoz some of us got MSc assessment as 1yr graduate study and not as Masters degree (MSc degree from India)

CanadianDream2015EE

Aug 5, 2015
middle east
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can_US said:
Thks buddy.

Let us know results of your ECA from WES bcoz some of us got MSc assessment as 1yr graduate study and not as Masters degree (MSc degree from India)
ECA result is master (I ma from Israel)

dan_and said:
What does your ECA summary evaluation say?

If it says "Master's", then your highest degree is equivalent to a Canadian Master's, and you can safely select Master's degree when filling out your profile.

There is no need to second-guess the ECA. CIC will accept it.

Check here for details:
Do you know that from your experience? cuz I saw that for FSW the requierment is masters + 17 years of full time study

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Did you get ITA? Did it work for you?
Yes, I got an ITA. I wanted to input 1.5 in EE but it only allows to input full numbers. I didn't want conflicting information between my ECA and my information in the profile so I input 2 years. Now that I am filling out my eAPR, I am explaining everything in detail, including my education length.

If WES already assessed a degree as masters in Canada, then I don't see an issue with this. Assessment is there so immigration officers don't need to worry about who studied for how long.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Is it true that I need to have 17 years of full time study in order to claim "master's degree"?
What if I got my master in year an a half? Can I claim it and declare full time work at the same time?

WES om my ECA I have 4 year for my BA (was 3 years) and Masters 2 years (was 1.5)
my question is about EE not FSW.

many thanks
It doesn't have anything to do with the length of study. My partner had 17 years, a Master's degree in his country, and it was assessed as a 4-year Bachelor's degree. It has to do with the number and type of courses, the type of thesis required, etc. Just put what your ECA says you have.

sansap

Jun 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have completed 3 years full time Master of Computer Applications (MCA) from Pune University, India and prior to that I have Bachelor of Science (BSc - Physics) from Mumbai University, India. My queries are -

1) Does MCA (from Pune University, India) considered to be a Masters in Canada?
It shows "Equivalency in Canada = Master's Degree", when tried getting a degree equivalency through WES tool.

2) Do we need to have first division/class (i.e. >60%) in Master's degree to get it recognized?

Please can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance!
Sansap

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sansap said:
Hi Guys,

I have completed 3 years full time Master of Computer Applications (MCA) from Pune University, India and prior to that I have Bachelor of Science (BSc - Physics) from Mumbai University, India. My queries are -

1) Does MCA (from Pune University, India) considered to be a Masters in Canada?
It shows "Equivalency in Canada = Master's Degree", when tried getting a degree equivalency through WES tool.

2) Do we need to have first division/class (i.e. >60%) in Master's degree to get it recognized?

Please can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance!
Sansap
You won't know for sure until you get your degree evaluated, but no, you don't have to have a particular position in the class, just the final degree.