+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters after BCA !!! Can anyone help ?

shergill07

Dec 9, 2012
I just completed my bachelors in computer application BCA(72%) three year bachelor degree from INDIA and got 7 in IELTS. Does Canadian universities accepts three year bachelor degree for admission in masters ? Any Consultancy you recommend i should go through ? I'm in chandigarh these days.

XYZ User

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shergill07 said:
I just completed my bachelors in computer application BCA(72%) three year bachelor degree from INDIA and got 7 in IELTS. Does Canadian universities accepts three year bachelor degree for admission in masters ? Any Consultancy you recommend i should go through ? I'm in chandigarh these days.
looking for an answer to this...waiting for replies. Although I don't think univ accept 3 yrs grad or part time.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
shergill07 said:
You can mail the university's admission section to see if they will take you or not. I would not recommend any consultancy. Apply yourself if you can.

vipsv

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
shergill07 said:
UFT does that sometimes based on qualification and experiences. better to talk to a professor over there.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masters program require 16 years of study. Hence, had it been B.Tech, you could have got it.
But don't be dissappointed, as you still have a few options and you need to work on that... figure out which college/uni offers masters program with bachelors degree. Just for an example;

http://www.viu.ca/calendar/Business/mba.asp

you will find they do have an option for bachelors but it goes case to case. Hence, a ray of hope for you.

Cheers!

sadMind

May 15, 2013
shergill07 said:
I had B.C.A from India too. I have been looking to get admissions at Canadian Universities for the past 2 years. I have contacted more than half of the universities in Canada, and all of them said they will accept 3 years Indian degree unless I have a masters along. Only 5 universities said might accept me. These are University of Windsor, Memorial University, University of New Brunswick, Concordia University, University of Winnipeg. Out of these 5 universities, Concordia university accepts 3 years B.C.A only if your college is accredited with A+ by NAAC. I got admission at Concordia University for Fall 2013, and I am waiting for a visa. Don't contact other universities, they will just wast your time and money.

My advise to you:

• You seem to have good IELTS result, I assume you have First Class on your UG. These is advantage for you
    Try to get masters from India to increase you chance of admission at Canadian universities.
    You will need to contact and get accepted by supervisor(professor), if you are looking for scholarship.
    If you have any concerns just email the admission office.
    I recommend you apply at Concordia University for now
    Make sure you have a very good recommendation and statement of purpose.

Good Luck!

Jaspreetsaini

May 7, 2013
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
IELTS Request
Med's Request
pre-med
VISA ISSUED...
Waheguru meher kare
shergill07 said:
Same meri wi hunne khatam hoyi si bca from punjab university with 70%marks tey 7 bands but main pg diploma lei apply kitta ae baad vich bnda masters kar sakega.australia ch eho jehi koi problem nahin par othe har university 3 years degree holders nu accept kardiyan ney

vipsv

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Jaspreetsaini said:
Same meri wi hunne khatam hoyi si bca from punjab university with 70%marks tey 7 bands but main pg diploma lei apply kitta ae baad vich bnda masters kar sakega.australia ch eho jehi koi problem nahin par othe har university 3 years degree holders nu accept kardiyan ney
fir australia chle jao!!!!

Jaspreetsaini

May 7, 2013
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
IELTS Request
Med's Request
pre-med
VISA ISSUED...
Waheguru meher kare
vipsv said:
fir australia chle jao!!!!
Hun tan file laati canada di main tan ehe bai nu dass rehan jisney thread shuru kiti

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Hi Shergill07,

Limited option if you have 15 years of education,try to complete 1 more year of studies in India and If you are targetting MBA then also give a GMAT exam .

Thanks !

shergill07 said:

Aerrow

Jul 29, 2013
siddhesh398 said:
Hi Shergill07,

Limited option if you have 15 years of education,try to complete 1 more year of studies in India and If you are targetting MBA then also give a GMAT exam .

Thanks !
This one extra year cannot be covered with certificates that do not have a compulsory college// university admission. Can it? For eg, I have a ccna certificate and a few certifications including. Net, php, rhce etc. Would it matter??

Pls help. Same situation.

PMMAT

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
shergill07 said:
go for pg diploma in this stream ur visa will be 100 granted

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aerrow said:
What can substitute for 1 more year of education? All pg courses in india are 2 or 3 years.
There are many 1 year PG diplomas in India. Seems you didn't do your research.

And Yes you can go for one year PG diploma in Canada and after that Masters. OR you can try in couple of Uni which are still considering your candidature for Masters such as U Of Windsor, Regina, concordia etc.