masters after B.TECH in canada

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vjm241 said:
@ kartz..
thanx for reply n i think ur in process of applying too.. wich university is urs? n ur prof??
i have already applied for Meng in industrial engineering Jan 2016 intake at Concordia, University of Regina, University of New Brunswick. Waiting for the verdict from admissions committee

I recommend you apply for:

Univesity of saskatchewan
University of Regina
Concordia University
University of Alberta.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ttrajan said:
My son got 6.9 in BE Mech. In which university we can try for MEng. Mech in Canada?
That is a good score, technically he will get accepted in any university. May be the top universities will be a little tough, but he will make it to the top 10 universities. I recommend the following universities:

University of saskatchewan, Regina.

Concordia, Alberta, carleton.

Many options to choose from!

Gagan192

Aug 3, 2015
Re: masters or Pg diploma after B.TECH in canada

helo everyone,i need help for choosing program in canada. i did btech nd electronic and communication . so now i want to get admission related to my pervious study. so pls help me for choosing two year PG diploma at humber college or another colleges which are located in same area of humber college.
my academic profile is
xth-72%
12th-77%
btech-65%
ielts-6 with no less then 6

Thanks.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
kartz said:
That is a good score, technically he will get accepted in any university. May be the top universities will be a little tough, but he will make it to the top 10 universities. I recommend the following universities:

University of saskatchewan, Regina.

Concordia, Alberta, carleton.

Many options to choose from!
Thanks for your reply. He sent mails to Alberta University Mech. professors to support his M.Eng. application, but until now no reply.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ttrajan said:
Thanks for your reply. He sent mails to Alberta University Mech. professors to support his M.Eng. application, but until now no reply.
I also went through that. I sent professors emails in January 2015. Almost 8 months no replies. But i went ahead and applied for the universities where i was interested.

I would suggest you to go ahead and apply. The problem with sending those mails is the professors won't take it serious. Unless it comes through a proper channel. I would suggest you to apply to the university and send a reminder email with you application details. This will make things more genuine and easy to approach.

I sent a reminder email to a professor at university of Regina after i completed my application. I got a reply after 10 days stating that they have received my application and that it will take some more time for the application to reach his desk. So, go ahead apply and approach the profs.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Thanks for your reply.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: masters or Pg diploma after B.TECH in canada

Gagan192 said:
helo everyone,i need help for choosing program in canada. i did btech nd electronic and communication . so now i want to get admission related to my pervious study. so pls help me for choosing two year PG diploma at humber college or another colleges which are located in same area of humber college.
my academic profile is
xth-72%
12th-77%
btech-65%
ielts-6 with no less then 6

Thanks.
Your IELTS is poor. Its a little tough, i would suggest you retake IELTS and try for masters in universities. You'll get into tier 2 universities like New brunswick, Ryerson, Dalhousie, Memorial.

If your interests is in diploma also your IELTS is weak. You may get accepted for a diploma, but getting a Visa with that IELTS score will be a challenge. This is also because you are doing a diploma after a bachelors degree while you should actually do a masters.

The odds are stacked against you in visa. If you are ready to give a re-test and cross 7 bands in all sections then you can try in universities i suggested. even if you take a diploma your chances of getting visa is slightly better if you get a better IELTS.

With the current IELTS score nothing concrete can be told, you will need some luck on your side. Retake IELTS and try for universities.

ATB!

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vjm241 said:
@ kartz..
thanx for reply n i think ur in process of applying too.. wich university is urs? n ur prof??
your inbox is full pls delete it. My replies are not reaching you.

rahulbinu

Jan 4, 2016
i am persuing btech and will complete it by 2016.
my 10th - 65%
my 12th - 73.4%
btech - - - 72%
ielts ------6.5 with no less than 6 in each ..
pl suggest me some universities for persuing masters in computer science/IT

manibar

Dec 23, 2015
I need help in deciding which universities to apply for masters and which course to take. My details are as under:
10th 87%
12th 51%
Btech (Electrical and Electronic engg) upto 7 sem 8.47 CGPA, 9.2 last SGPA
Ielts: 7.5,7.5,7,7.5 Nett: 7.5
GRE 300
Can I get admission in top universities???

love singh

Dec 30, 2015
Sir can you please help me , i want to know whether MS or MEng are same. After MEng of 1.4 yrs in ontario can we apply directly for pr . please sir reply iam very confused

Jun 7, 2017
Hey!

Please have a look at my profile
Xth- 9.8 CGPA
XIIth- 76%
B.Tech Electronics & communication - 82% aggregate (2017 graduate)

currently preparing for my IELTS.(expected band in all between 7.5-8)
Also placed in Reliance JIO

Following are my queries:

1. With respect to my profile which are the possible universities and courses i could apply for?
2. Should i go for a PG Diploma or Masters in ECE?
3. Can i go for management courses rather than ECE related courses?

prashantraj.h

Jul 7, 2017
Hi guys,

I have completed my bachelors in Mechanical and can i apply for masters in computer science in canadian universities?

akshay92

Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys
I want to know the eligible universities where I can apply. Please provide your valuable feedback.
10th - 87.8
12th - 88.8
B.tech (ECE) - 77.07
GRE - 324
TOEFL - 111
3 years experience in IT industry
One information article published working on second one.
Problem is I want to move in Computer Science, Considering everything which universities should I apply to.
Thanks for your help in advance.