+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

masters after B.TECH in canada

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please suggest some universities in ontario province which provide masters after B.TECH (E.C.E)..and also tell can a person from electonics background do masters in computer science field....?? also if a person does not get admission in masters,,is it good option to go for pg diploma in college..???

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Don't go for PG Diploma. It's Never a good choice.

For list of Universities consult http://www.4icu.org/ca/

If you can tell about your academic background then someone can surely tell which universities you can apply into.

Best Of Luck.

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ms.mech said:
Don't go for PG Diploma. It's Never a good choice.

For list of Universities consult http://www.4icu.org/ca/

If you can tell about your academic background then someone can surely tell which universities you can apply into.

Best Of Luck.
hers my profile
10--79%
12--74%
Btech in electonics and communication--75%(till 7th sem)
Ielts--7 bands with no less than 6 in each
do tell me why its not a good option for doing pg diploma frm clg...i have sme frnds in canada and they say its not much of a difference b/w clg and university studies...nd u should go for masters after getting PR..first apply for diploma as it costs less and also easy to get admission as compared to university...

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
chaitnay7777 said:
hers my profile
10--79%
12--74%
Btech in electonics and communication--75%(till 7th sem)
Ielts--7 bands with no less than 6 in each
do tell me why its not a good option for doing pg diploma frm clg...i have sme frnds in canada and they say its not much of a difference b/w clg and university studies...nd u should go for masters after getting PR..first apply for diploma as it costs less and also easy to get admission as compared to university...
Okay, Read this carefully.

Your profile is very good.Now, with this profile you can get in University of Saskatchewan,Ottawa,Dalhousie.

Fees for Masters is based on number of courses taken. You need to complete 10courses in general.

Eg. In Saskatchewan for course based masters it's about 800-$1000 per course. So total tuition fees comes out to be about $10K(approx). Add another $2K-3K per year for graduate fees, association fees etc etc.

If you complete masters in 1 year total fees comes to be $12K and if in 2 years $15/16K.

Living expenses are $8000per year.

http://students.usask.ca/current/paying/tuition.php?t=Graduate

Whereas if you study in centennial fees is also $16/17K per year and its 2 year course. Plus Toronto is expensive city.

http://www.centennialcollege.ca/international/internationalfees

Also if you apply for diploma :

1. Visa chances are less.

2. For diploma you will spend 2 years to complete it. Then spend 1.5years for PR. Then you will spend 1.5 years or about to complete masters. So to do masters after getting PR you will spend about 5 or 6years in total and spend more money than you would have actually

Consultants are making fool of everyone by saying that universities are expensive. They say so because they get about 15% commission from every student where as universities pay nil

Rest decision is yours to make. These are my calculation after much research I have done over studying abroad. Many students may conflict with this.

Best Of Luck.

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ms.mech said:
Okay, Read this carefully.

Your profile is very good.Now, with this profile you can get in University of Saskatchewan,Ottawa,Dalhousie.

Fees for Masters is based on number of courses taken. You need to complete 10courses in general.

Eg. In Saskatchewan for course based masters it's about 800-$1000 per course. So total tuition fees comes out to be about $10K(approx). Add another $2K-3K per year for graduate fees, association fees etc etc.

If you complete masters in 1 year total fees comes to be $12K and if in 2 years $15/16K.

Living expenses are $8000per year.

http://students.usask.ca/current/paying/tuition.php?t=Graduate

Whereas if you study in centennial fees is also $16/17K per year and its 2 year course. Plus Toronto is expensive city.

http://www.centennialcollege.ca/international/internationalfees

Also if you apply for diploma :

1. Visa chances are less.

2. For diploma you will spend 2 years to complete it. Then spend 1.5years for PR. Then you will spend 1.5 years or about to complete masters. So to do masters after getting PR you will spend about 5 or 6years in total and spend more money than you would have actually

Consultants are making fool of everyone by saying that universities are expensive. They say so because they get about 15% commission from every student where as universities pay nil

Rest decision is yours to make. These are my calculation after much research I have done over studying abroad. Many students may conflict with this.

Best Of Luck.
thankss for d advice....can u tell me sme universities in toronto or nearby areas which provide master after btech in electronics and communcation...as i have checked except ryerson univ none univ has progrm related to my study....

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
chaitnay7777 said:
thankss for d advice....can u tell me sme universities in toronto or nearby areas which provide master after btech in electronics and communcation...as i have checked except ryerson univ none univ has progrm related to my study....

Check this link. You will find list of all Universities of Canada.

http://www.4icu.org/ca/

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ms.mech said:
Check this link. You will find list of all Universities of Canada.
dalhousie university has good progrm masters in internetworking.....but halifax is itself not a good place to go as told by someone on this forum only....so i am really confuesed right nw....

Andyk68

Apr 13, 2015
Hi,
I have been accepted in ms program electrical and comp science department at university of ottawa for fall2015. But i have done my btech in Comp science,so is it ok ot i will have diffliculty in understnading the concepts.
Also, i have got my offer letter from alberta university for ms in internetworking program. I m confused which one to choose
And what about pg diplomas? people are not getting good jobs even after doing masters then isn't ok to ho for pg diplomas as there is not any stress of studies and it lso cost less as compared yo universities.

Mayanak

Jul 21, 2015
Should i go for ms or pg diploma course ?
my profile
10--72%
12--84%
Btech in electonics and communication--67%
Please help.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Mayanak

Go for an MS, your profile will easily land you in University of saskatchewan, Regina, concordia. All the best!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
What is the cutoff for masters?

vjm241

Aug 3, 2015
Look in to my Profile

Indian Citizen

Xth- 85%
XIIth- 85%
B.Tech Mechanical - 67& (2012 graduate) (MG university Kttym)
After graduation a few months gap

Work Experience:- 2+ years(engineering consultancy firm ,handling different projects including petroleum,industrial setups etc).
currently in a break and preparing for my IELTS.(expected band in all btw 7-7.5)
I might join another petroleum service sector firm within a month and work for another 2 years(den ould give ielts another shot)

Following are my queries:

With respect to my profile which are the possible universities and courses i could apply (1) now (2) after 2years considering total of 4 years exp?
The course looking forward to is MEngg.. I intend to work and settle their after my st

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vjm241 said:
Look in to my Profile

Indian Citizen

Xth- 85%
XIIth- 85%
B.Tech Mechanical - 67& (2012 graduate) (MG university Kttym)
After graduation a few months gap

Work Experience:- 2+ years(engineering consultancy firm ,handling different projects including petroleum,industrial setups etc).
currently in a break and preparing for my IELTS.(expected band in all btw 7-7.5)
I might join another petroleum service sector firm within a month and work for another 2 years(den ould give ielts another shot)

Following are my queries:

With respect to my profile which are the possible universities and courses i could apply (1) now (2) after 2years considering total of 4 years exp?
The course looking forward to is MEngg.. I intend to work and settle their after my st
Firstly cheers mate! i am also 2012 pass out B Tech mechanical Visvesvaraya university. I have 3yrs of work exp in manufacturing domain for aerospace.

You'll easily make it to Saskatchewan, Regina, Concordia, Alberta(MS in engineering management), British columbia. If petro chemicals is your target look at alberta, Saskatchewan.

With 4yrs of work exp doesn't make a big difference as with the current profile itself you'll get a top university. It just makes your application more solid, you will confortably exceed requirements, with the current profile you will meet and marginally exceed requirements.

With regard to job obviously 4yrs of work exp will easily land you a job in canada after you graduate, but one important point is canadian organisations will not consider your work exp that easily. As in you should be really talented and good at things to get senior jobs after graduating. you'll get beginner jobs lot more easily.

vjm241

Aug 3, 2015
@ kartz..
thanx for reply n i think ur in process of applying too.. wich university is urs? n ur prof??

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
My son got 6.9 in BE Mech. In which university we can try for MEng. Mech in Canada?