+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Master of Innovation and Entrepreneurship - any good for Canada immigration?

Biooson

Nov 14, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am a 23 year old male Iranian and a computer geek. I have a B.A in English Translation. I participated in university entrance exam in hope for getting my master's in IT Management but accidentally I stumbled upon innovation and entrepreneurship.

The semester has started and I don't know whether to continue on with this new major or not. I don't hate the courses and actually find some of them quite interesting. Though my heart lies in network administration, hardware design and maintenance.

My goal is to leave Iran and live in an English speaking country with higher life standards, i.e. Canada or Australia or the US. (seriously, I would do anything to get out of this hell!)

It almost takes 3 years to finish my MA in innovation and entrepreneurship and I would have to stay in the country for another 2 years to do the mandatory military service! :mad: if I drop out I can do that military service right ahead.

so I was wondering if by any chance this MA could help me get Canadian residency?
Plz help me out here, I don't wanna spend 3 years of my life in vain!

ozcan

Nov 12, 2010
Re: Master of Innovation and Entrepreneurship - any good for Canada immigration?

Hi there,

I can tell you that with your qualifications you can forget about Australia. As they only need highly skilled professionals such as Doctors, Nurses, Accountants , Engineers or trades people.

There is only a handful occupations that IT professionals can nominate when applying for PR. MASTERS dergee won't get you any additional points under a new points system, which will come into effect next year. BA in English Translation won't get you anywhere. Sorry, it's probably not what you wanted to hear but it's reality. How do i know all this? Well, i spend a lot of time researching both countries and decided that Canada offers a lot more than Australia ever will.

I am not sure if your qualifications will be enough for you to apply for Canadian PR. Hopefully, someone here will reply to your post.

PS.

I am applying for Canadian PR as an accountant.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your work experience for at least one year is within the approved list of professions you might have a chance. check this site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#eligible