+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MASc Admission in universities

Sruthy231995

Nov 15, 2018
Hey ,
I am planning to join MASc in Chemical Engineering for Fall'19 in Waterloo,Queens,McMaster,Alberta or UBC.
I have a B-Tech degree from NIT-Calicut with CGPA 8.53/10.
I am currently working in a Chemical Company(Reliance) and by next July i would completing 2 yrs.
My IELTS Score is 7.5 (W-6,R-7.5, S-7.5, L-8.5)
My GRE score is 314
I have been sending mails to professors for getting into their research group but no-one is replying to me.
I am confused if I have any chance of getting into MASc and whether I should apply to university to first and then mail professor OR if I should go for MEng course and give up trying for MASc.

loveleen_62

Nov 3, 2018
email the admission office directly for availability of supervisors.
I am too contacting supervisors for MSC Pharmacy but most universities are saying lack of funds is the cause that professors are not accepting students. I got reply from many that they are not accepting for 2019.
Try in course based as your profile is very good.

Sruthy231995

Nov 15, 2018
I am applying by myself.
I am aware about the fact that even after applying to the uni I can contact professors, but in the application I will have to mention the specification area. I would like to keep my options open and hence would like to apply to more than one research area.

Krishna1331

Dec 18, 2018
Hello Sruthy231995,

I am also planning to apply for the same program in these universities: Alberta, Western, Ryerson and McMaster.

FYI: In Western it's mentioned that after you have submitted the application, based on our area of interest they gonna assign you the supervisor and you will be getting full funding for the thesis based Master's .

I believe it applies to Ryerson as well.

You have a very good profile and I am sure you will be getting in one of the universities with funding.

loveleen_62

Nov 3, 2018
I am applying by myself.
I am aware about the fact that even after applying to the uni I can contact professors, but in the application I will have to mention the specification area. I would like to keep my options open and hence would like to apply to more than one research area.
Have u got the supervisor????