+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marrying outside of country and getting trv before pr is approved!

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello
I have been with my girlfriend in south africa for a year and it is time for me to go back to Canada... I really don't want to leave her behind and would like to Marry her...I am wondering if getting a TRV would be possible after we marry....
Another thing we don't really have alot of "evidence" of our relationship, I mean we have mostly been together for that period...and haven't taken alot of pictures...
She will have to quit her job if she comes to visit me in Canada as her boss won't give her a leave, Although she does own a house in South Africa....

any input appreciated...

Thanks[flash=200,200][/flash]

belee1985

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It'll be denied, as TRP stands for TEMPORARY resident permit. If she is married to a Canadian citizen (have to write it in the application) she won't be able to prove that she will go back to South Africa. The Canadian embassy will see this as a way of finding an immigration shortcut.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
There is a huge difference between a TRV ("Temporary Resident Visa") and a TRP ("Temporary Resident Permit") as the former is a standard visitor visa and the latter is used in special cases of inadmissibility.

There's actually a special operational bulletin for TRPs ("OP 20 Temporary Resident Permits") that describes the process of obtaining same; they are rarely granted and typically require 3-6 months to obtain (from a visa office). There is a provision for issuance at a POE for US Citizens, but they are entirely discretionary.

As to the OPs question, the issue of granting a TRV is up to the visa officer, but it is far easier to get than a TRP.